Home

The Force Unleashed 2? Possible Spoliers

Nedak

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an idea! A serious one!:D

I think it would be great to play as Palpatine in his early training, seeing he is supposed to be an incredibly powerful force user and highly skilled duelist. And, as far as I am aware, his early history is not written.

It would be nice to see a game ending which is canonically Dark Side as well!:xp:

• 2 weeks later...
Why do that when you can just enter MANDALORE as a cheat code and equip the green crystal to your lightsaber?

Meh. It's just not the same. He looks like Kota (or Drunk Kota - to each his own:xp:), but he still walks, talks, and fights like Starkiller.

But, unless we are to force sight our way through the game, or have it set way back in the Clone Wars (please no), it seems very highly unlikely. Maris still seems to me the most logical, but not necessarily the most desirable, choice for a (returning) PC character.

Maris Brood's story isn't written yet, so I still think she's the best candidate for TFU 2.
I would hope not with Maris. I didn't like her at all and her fighting style with those guard shoto type short lightsabers. I don't think she would sell as a character to play as if LucasArts wants to make money.

Here is what I think would make good playable characters in TFU II:

Luke Skywalker - After ROTJ - Anything could be possible with this one just by having some dark force rise and he has to put an end to it and other possibilities.

Darth Maul - Pre-TPM - Have him track down and kill Sidious' enemies and kill Jedi who would be witnesses. You could do so much with that and even have a similar beginning like with Starkiller on how Sidious discovered him. He could be the next secret apprentice type character. It's too bad that it is established that Sidious killed his master (Darth Plagueis) in his sleep as you could have actually seen it work out where Sidious and Maul gang up to defeat Plagueis as was set to try happen with Starkiller and Vader teaming up to dethrone Sidious. The end of the story of the game would be just before the events of TPM.

Darth Bane - Show how he rose to be a powerful Sith Lord and how he survived the Sith purge and establish the "Rule of Two."

Darth Vader - Have it start when he is first fitted with the outfit and how he had to learn to adjust to it; meaning how he learned to get more powerful while having his limitations while doing missions to hunt down and destroy Jedi.

A Totally New Character in the Old Republic Era - Just make up a new character that we can grow to love easily during the events of the Old Republic sometime away from the KOTOR era so it can stand alone.

Or they can make a KotOR III, then everyone's happy :D
Well, that wouldn't be the department of the makers of TFU. I say why not both. ;)

Oh, and about my Darth Maul idea. One of the features for Maul is to be able to have the option to turn on one blade or both blades with his lightsaber and have situations where one will work better than the other and have him build up skills to use both styles. And instead of calling it The Force Unleashed II, call it The lightsaber Unleashed. :D

I'd rather see a brand spank'n new character, than Maris.

I agree with you. A new character is muc more engaging than going along with an established, if even only partially, backstory. New characters also offer a far greater RPG element. With Maris, of course, a fighting skill, appearance, equipment, backstory and (basic) personality are all already established, so that element probably wouldn't be present.

As I said,

Maris still seems to me the most logical, but not necessarily the most desirable, choice.

I would hope not with Maris. I didn't like her at all and her fighting style with those guard shoto type short lightsabers. I don't think she would sell as a character to play as if LucasArts wants to make money.

QFT

Darth Maul - Pre-TPM - Have him track down and kill Sidious' enemies and kill Jedi who would be witnesses. You could do so much with that and even have a similar beginning like with Starkiller on how Sidious discovered him. He could be the next secret apprentice type character. It's too bad that it is established that Sidious killed his master (Darth Plagueis) in his sleep as you could have actually seen it work out where Sidious and Maul gang up to defeat Plagueis as was set to try happen with Starkiller and Vader teaming up to dethrone Sidious. The end of the story of the game would be just before the events of TPM.

Maybe the final fight would be against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

As for the master ordeal, maybe Maul was plotting to overthrow his master.

Darth Bane - Show how he rose to be a powerful Sith Lord and how he survived the Sith purge and establish the "Rule of Two."

Yeah. We want to see more of Lehon and Revan!

• 2 months later...

If Lucasarts wants a quick turnaround with force Unleashed 2 then they can go with Maris Brood.

My feeling is that Lucasarts is gonna explore other stories and game concepts first before they to TFU 2.

An interesting idea will be dlc though as I can see maris brood also be the main character in DLC missions and then Lucasarts can possibly use the dlc to set up the main character in TFU 2.

I'm just telling you that using Maris Brood as a main character will not sell that well for a sequel game.

Shem, I completely agree with you about the idea there are better characters for a full fledged sequel and that the only way she works is if Lucas wants to make a new game real quick.

If people want Maris though I think a better place for her would just be as a character in DLC missions, and then through the DLC one can introduce new characters for Force Unleashed 2.

As for Vader and Darth Maul I think Lucasarts would rather tell new stories with new characters instead of using older, more established characters.

Shem, I completely agree with you about the idea there are better characters for a full fledged sequel and that the only way she works is if Lucas wants to make a new game real quick.
Rushing a new game is never a good idea... oh, never mind. Some companies never learn.

Rushing a new game is never a good idea... oh, never mind. Some companies never learn.

Too true :xp:

Anyways

Maris : Definate no as i wouldent buy TFU 2 If she was the main character as there was just nothing to like about her

Darth maul : Dont think its fitting in with the actual game

Vader : I Actually think shems idea was a good one on this

My idea

A:they continue off the Dark side ending where starkiller in the suit hunts down Jedi for sidious

B: The obvious choice making a new character

Archived