Home

The Force Unleashed 2? Possible Spoliers

Nedak

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see many of the EU characters in any multiplayer mode - particularly from the later eras, like Roan Fel and the Imperial Knights, or Darth Krayt and Darth Talon.

I think a multiplayer, whether online or regular single console multiplayer, would be a welcome addition to the next-gen version. Given the backlash over the complete lack of one, I think the developers would be foolish to neglect to add one next time out.

Mara Jade might be a good candidate for a character in a sequel - though as said, not a main one. Mainly because she has a storyline already. I'd prefer a totally original one.

Yea, that's the thing about Mara. If they were going to make a Yuzhaan Vong/Darth Caedus game, sure, but to get the full story, you'd have to keep switching from Luke to Mara to Leia to Jaina to Jacen to Anakin to...you get the idea. :)

Maris Brood's story isn't written yet, so I still think she's the best candidate for TFU 2.

Well, Mara Jade or Maris Brood weren't crazy force users...So I think Kyle Katarn could be a candidate or at least an unlockable skin. I think Luke would be good maybe for a story after ROTJ. Like TFU is Vader's "Dark Son"(Starkiller) and Luke is his son who is light. Idk, as long as it's NOT Maris, or Mara Jade. How would they be entertaining to play as anyways?....

Well, Mara Jade or Maris Brood weren't crazy force users...So I think Kyle Katarn could be a candidate or at least an unlockable skin. I think Luke would be good maybe for a story after ROTJ. Like TFU is Vader's "Dark Son"(Starkiller) and Luke is his son who is light. Idk, as long as it's NOT Maris, or Mara Jade. How would they be entertaining to play as anyways?....

Well with Maris we could see how her life was before and after.

For Mara Jade, the story would be like TFU, a dark side user that follows orders from a big baddie (palpatine) without leaving witnesses.

I think both are good candidates for a TFU2.:D

I think old-Old Republic would work well - seeing we are repeatedly told in the likes of TSL that ancient Jedi and Sith were insanely powerful compared to those from the KotOR era forward.

I really like that idea you could have a videogame adaptation of the Tales of the Jedi comics and fight in the Great Sith War.

Ooh! I know what the next game is gonna be! Your* gonna play as a very young Luke Skywalker, trying to trade w/ Jawas, defending the homestead from Tusken Raiders, and, well... doing what he did everyday between III and IV... unless TFU2 takes place after IV

*Excuse the grammar

But why would you call that a TFU 2?
It isn't the characters that make a TFU game. It can be just a game about bounty hunters bounty huntin', or bantha herders holding the line against tusken raiders, as long as the main character unleashes the Force with preposterous strenght and swings his melee weapon with an overly simplified combat system.

It isn't the characters that make a TFU game. It can be just a game about bounty hunters bounty huntin', or bantha herders holding the line against tusken raiders, as long as the main character unleashes the Force with preposterous strenght and swings his melee weapon with an overly simplified combat system.

Hmm, I guess you're right but I would hope it would have something to do TFU.

I see Brood as a likely candidate for a sequel, but I honestly can't fathom how a second game could have the impact or importance that they got with TFU. I think they did a really good job of creating a story that fits the continuity nicely whilst still feeling epic.

I see Brood as a likely candidate for a sequel, but I honestly can't fathom how a second game could have the impact or importance that they got with TFU. I think they did a really good job of creating a story that fits the continuity nicely whilst still feeling epic.

They probably won't get the same ground-breaking effect, but they can build on what they have by adding more features, more ambitious storylines, characters and powers, and make it longer now they know there is a market for it. Think of the difference between KotOR and TSL - both great games in their own right, but KotOR was the ground-breaker, the new thing. TSL took that base and built upon it, with slightly enhanced graphics more animations, items, etc, and would have had a greatly enhanced storyline had LA allowed Obsidian to finish it!

Hopefully, LucasArts will do the same this time round, use the original as a base and build upon it, but maybe finish it thi time around!:xp:

They probably won't get the same ground-breaking effect, but they can build on what they have by adding more features, more ambitious storylines, characters and powers, and make it longer now they know there is a market for it. Think of the difference between KotOR and TSL - both great games in their own right, but KotOR was the ground-breaker, the new thing. TSL took that base and built upon it, with slightly enhanced graphics more animations, items, etc, and would have had a greatly enhanced storyline had LA allowed Obsidian to finish it!

Hopefully, LucasArts will do the same this time round, use the original as a base and build upon it, but maybe finish it thi time around!:xp:

Hmm... I'd love them to achieve the story enhancements that came with TSL, but the time setting would surely be far more restrictive for TFU 2. There's very little space between the end of the first game and Episode IV, the key villains have already been used, and the lingering Jedi survivors have been slaughtered.

We'll see though. I'm on board for another one, although I'd prefer KOTOR 3 if I was forced to choose.

Hmm... I'd love them to achieve the story enhancements that came with TSL, but the time setting would surely be far more restrictive for TFU 2. There's very little space between the end of the first game and Episode IV, the key villains have already been used, and the lingering Jedi survivors have been slaughtered.

Yeah - I would say it'll be: 1) as discussed, focused on Maris Brood; and 2) set just after her encounter with Galen on Felucia, or just after being sent away by Shaak Ti - maybe that will even be the prologue. And, of course as you say, the villains are already set. Pity, imo (cause we know exactly who they are and how they act, and thus we know who we will fight at the end.)

We'll see though. I'm on board for another one, although I'd prefer KOTOR 3 if I was forced to choose.

But of course!:D

Archived