Home

The Force Unleashed 2? Possible Spoliers

Nedak

but instead of

TFU2 they should be putting their money towards a new JK with

the TFU engine.

How you would like it if LucasArts announced that they are making another JK game and all of a sudden TFU fans kept coming there saying that was a stupid thing to do as they should be making another TFU game? :rolleyes:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LA needs to (re)start making games for the PC. The JK and Battlefront series blows TFU out of the water. I couldn't fully enjoy TFU because the port to PC was so crappy.

I fully agree. I can't play it because it is not optimized, it hasn't THE graphics so i don't understand why the didn't take a few moments to do it better.

About TFU2 i think there are a lot of possibilities, like some sith's make some of their magic and they bring him back to life, or he wasn't dead at all in the first part, and probably in the second part we will have to make something more focused on Galen's life, and may then he leves the galaxy and goes to find Revan's ship (?) for the 7th, 8th and 9th films (?).

Sorry if it doesn't understand, English is not my language :p

Reading some of these comments made me a true believer that there is a zero attention span in the fanboy universe. TFU 2. What in LA's history would get anyone to think there is anyway that it would not be about Galen? I read many good ideas for games I would play from u guys, but lets be honest, fanboys don't drive the gaming economy. LA will try to make a game that appeals to more than just hardcore fans, otherwise its going bankrupt. It has to be multi platform and since online multiplay rules the marketplace, there has to be a reason to play this "franchise" again. Getting to continue playing a hero that "died" is good for business cuz i know I wasn't too happy dying as a good guy. The all Sith based games suggested, never gonna happen. Most casual gamers like to play as good or at least have a choice, so that's out the window 4 sure.

Reading some of these comments made me a true believer that there is a zero attention span in the fanboy universe.

i stopped reading after this.

Riddle me this; if we're fanboys, than why do we chastise most of LA's movements in the past 5 years?

And most of us don't like TFU2 because most of us didn't like the first TFU.

You can't make a judgment like that with such certainty. I think the majority of the people who didn't like the first one were the people who had this inflated perception of it in their heads before it came out and expected too much from it. Naturally, they would have been disappointed by the story and characters. Others of us weren't expecting some spectacularly epic adventure and just expected a really fun game, which is exactly what we got.

This isn't entirely the fans' faults, really. After all, LucasArts did play it up quite a bit, advertising it as the next colossal installment in the Star Wars Saga, acting like it was the game that surpassed all other games in importance and was right up there with the movies themselves. But then again, that's how marketing works.

In summary, I think both the fanboys and the haters are a little ridiculous. This game was fun to play, has great replay value in my opinion (mainly in the way of Force powers and combat mechanics carrying over into new games), and is a true classic. Maintain realistic expectations and I think you'll agree.

How you would like it if LucasArts announced that they are making another JK game and all of a sudden TFU fans kept coming there saying that was a stupid thing to do as they should be making another TFU game? :rolleyes:

There's no such thing as TFU fans. Just people who enjoyed it. They'd forget about TFU the second they'd see a JK4 trailer.

There's no such thing as TFU fans. Just people who enjoyed it. They'd forget about TFU the second they'd see a JK4 trailer.

I can't totally agree with that. I am def a TFU fan, but JK4 would rock. Honestly tho LA needs to make a multi platform game with online multi player to make some money to spend on the less popular game types that we want. Battlefront 3 with multiplayer maps anyone?

Yeah, speak for yourselves, haters.

And dammit, it'll be JK3, not 4!

I'm not a hater. I was I'll admit that but not since it's out for PC. I've seen people say they hate it and I've seen them say It's ok but never that it's one of LA best. And JA was called JK3 before it got the full name so it's JK4.

And JA was called JK3 before it got the full name so it's JK4.

It was? I never heard that. Well, I still consider it a spin-off rather than a proper sequel because 1. it has no number in its title, 2. Kyle Katarn is not the star, 3. the main character, Jaden Korr, is awful and I can't believe he's getting his own novel, and 4. the story was half-assed and crap. I still like it though, mainly because of the gameplay, but I refuse to accept it as a true follow-up to Jedi Outcast. It's just like Mysteries of the Sith, really, except that it is a proper stand-alone game rather than an expansion.

So yeah, death to Jaden! Give me a good follow-up to Jedi Outcast where Kyle is the star!

Oh, and um, yeah, how about that TFU2, huh?

It was? I never heard that. Well, I still consider it a spin-off rather than a proper sequel because 1. it has no number in its title, 2. Kyle Katarn is not the star, 3. the main character, Jaden Korr, is awful and I can't believe he's getting his own novel, and 4. the story was half-assed and crap. I still like it though, mainly because of the gameplay, but I refuse to accept it as a true follow-up to Jedi Outcast. It's just like Mysteries of the Sith, really, except that it is a proper stand-alone game rather than an expansion.

So yeah, death to Jaden! Give me a good follow-up to Jedi Outcast where Kyle is the star!

Oh, and um, yeah, how about that TFU2, huh?

I agree with you on all of those points. It's a spin off for me as well more than it is JK3 but that's what it was called before they titled it "Academy". Besides I wouldn't care about if it's 3 or 4. I just want it to happen.

But... here we go... FU2:raise:

You can't make a judgment like that with such certainty. I think the majority of the people who didn't like the first one were the people who had this inflated perception of it in their heads before it came out and expected too much from it. Naturally, they would have been disappointed by the story and characters. Others of us weren't expecting some spectacularly epic adventure and just expected a really fun game, which is exactly what we got.

Sorry but no,people have been feeding me this bs that "the game is actually (very)good you just expected too much of it" for ages now.

First of all i'm suppoused to expect great,innovative,enthralling from the games i buy

TFU however was flat and flawed,the combat was as deep as a spoon the and the boss fights were either meh or f... annoying

that does not spell good in my book

Sorry but no,people have been feeding me this bs that "the game is actually (very)good you just expected too much of it" for ages now.

First of all i'm suppoused to expect great,innovative,enthralling from the games i buy

TFU however was flat and flawed,the combat was as deep as a spoon the and the boss fights were either meh or f... annoying

that does not spell good in my book

I thought the boss fights were rather fun, but I agree the gameplay had little depth and got repetitive very quickly. Part of the reason I didn't enjoy the gameplay was that for most of the game you weren't fighting interesting or challenging opponents (no I'm not playing on Sith Master), beating up on stormtroopers and rebel troopers for 6 hours gets stale.

I'm hoping in TF2 they add some cool enemies that can be considered mini bosses (and are encountered quite frequently), perhaps jedi and dark jedi, skilled bounty hunters, and some more interesting vehicles/creatures. Assassin's creed 1 sucked major balls (to me), yet AC2 felt leaps and bounds better, here's to hoping LA can mimic Ubisoft in that respect.

I thought the boss fights were rather fun, but I agree the gameplay had little depth and got repetitive very quickly. Part of the reason I didn't enjoy the gameplay was that for most of the game you weren't fighting interesting or challenging opponents (no I'm not playing on Sith Master), beating up on stormtroopers and rebel troopers for 6 hours gets stale.

I'm hoping in TF2 they add some cool enemies that can be considered mini bosses (and are encountered quite frequently), perhaps jedi and dark jedi, skilled bounty hunters, and some more interesting vehicles/creatures. Assassin's creed 1 sucked major balls (to me), yet AC2 felt leaps and bounds better, here's to hoping LA can mimic Ubisoft in that respect.

I rather enjoyed the boss fights also. They were a few of the more fun parts to the game. With that said however, there wasn't much difficulty or skill require to beat them, excluding the emperor. I thought he was the most difficult part of the game.

to each his own,but,as you guys said i never felt "in danger" in this game,and i rather have a straight fight than "now i'm invincible for a few seconds,so step away"

not to mention,it was button mashing,finding a combo that makes them tick,do it over and over again...

i'm fine with waves of stormies,i mean that's to be expected,i'm not fine with them standing there for the slaughter,come on,they fire a single slow moving shot once in five seconds... it's like they give up when they see starkiller heading there way

to each his own,but,as you guys said i never felt "in danger" in this game,and i rather have a straight fight than "now i'm invincible for a few seconds,so step away"

not to mention,it was button mashing,finding a combo that makes them tick,do it over and over again...

i'm fine with waves of stormies,i mean that's to be expected,i'm not fine with them standing there for the slaughter,come on,they fire a single slow moving shot once in five seconds... it's like they give up when they see starkiller heading there way

Yet Jawas seem to know no fear :¬:

The game play was very repetitive, the bosses were mediocre (with exception to the PSP release) and the story was the same tale of redemption I've been hearing since 3rd grade. And let's not forget that the shear existence of Galen is a total bastardization of the rule of two. I would think that Palpy would have done something himself as soon as he saw this happening, weather it be killing the conflicted Galen or the one who broke the rule (Vader).

Archived