Home

Anyone kinda excited about the new Clone Wars TV series?

MajinMikeyX

I know I am. Well, I've heard that the movie was good from some places, and crap from others. I'm just excited that a new Star Wars show is on. I remember in 4th or 5th grade(Sophomore in High School now) I was watching the first cartoon Clone Wars series and talking about it with friends. *Sigh, hopefully it's not too childish for me now...

It comes on in about half an hour for me because satellite TV, so I'll find out soon.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lessee.... Nope, can't say I'm excited.

Haven't been excited about Star Wars since I, Jedi was published. I'd love to say I was excited about KotOR, but I didn't buy it til a year after its release because Star Wars had been so fail.

This upcoming TV show is just another layer added onto a part of the timeline which already has had multiple layers put over it. All I expect from it is the usual annihilation of previously established canon. The idea that they can shoehorn Anakin having an apprentice into the Clone Wars when the story of what he was doing during that time has already been told alone devastates much of the Clone War-era EU.

In conclusion, I don't see what there is to look forward to.

I knew this would be the response...

Well, I like that they're giving something to keep us watching them until the live-actions series comes.

And about Anakin's apprentice...is it supposed to be some type of foreshadowing of the future of his position of Master and Student? In this series he's Obi-Wan's apprentice and Ahsoka's Master. And TFU he's Palpatine's apprentice and Starkiller's Master. Anyone think something similar to this?

EDIT: *Clone Wars TV series

Right. Here is my review of both episodes.

Episode I Review:

Now, Episode I was (In my opinion) very, very bad. I didn't like it at all. All it was about was Yoda hacking and slashing droids. And the droid jokes was just plain epic fail. It was very ridicules. Also, as Tpiom maintained, the separatist's aren't suppose to be like that. I didn't mind Yoda's voice that much, but the plot in Episode I... I didn't enjoy it that much. And also, Yoda is EXTREMELY overpowered. I mean he could just hold Ventriss lightsaber like that. He could have just killed her with all that power...

I'm not calling the TV series a bad series, but it had sorta a bad start with the movie and Episode I.

So, the score for Episode I overall is...

3/10

Its Slightly better then the film...

And now Episode II's review:

Now, Plo Koon is the central Jedi here. The episode is focused on multiple events. The first is the rescue of survives. And the origins of Ion Cannon and tons of other stuff. Its more interesting.

I also like how they lowered down the Droid jokes in this episode. And how they lowered down the narrating voice too. It was extremely stupid in the movie, and more stupider in the first episode. Though in this one, they toned it down a bit, which was great.

My biggest problem with Episode II however, is that it focus on both battles and characters at the same time. Because you see Anakin and Asoka talking, then you see a bunch of Clone Troopers shooting some droids. Its kinda confusing sometimes...

The nod to the Death Star however, is quite cool. Its nice to see some original trilogy moments in the series. Hopefully, they'll continue doing this throughout the series.

Episode II had a good premise going, but it didn't feel executed that good. It still is better then the movie and Episode I at least...

So, I'm proud to give Episode II a...

6/10

I was annoyed with all the "clankers" comments, yeah, I get it, derogatory names happen in war, but these people aren't ignorant hicks, they're intelligent and trained soldiers. It's a bloody droid, call it that.

They played up the idiocy of the driods too much IMO. While weak and worthless, they were not that retarded.

The animation is better than I expected, why the animators decided to give Grievous 4 fingers instead of the 6 he's supposed to have is beyond me.

The concept is pretty good, and the animation, as far as quality goes(I don't much like the style) is good, and it could go somewhere with some work.

This upcoming TV show is just another layer added onto a part of the timeline which already has had multiple layers put over it. All I expect from it is the usual annihilation of previously established canon. The idea that they can shoehorn Anakin having an apprentice into the Clone Wars when the story of what he was doing during that time has already been told alone devastates much of the Clone War-era EU.

In conclusion, I don't see what there is to look forward to.

QFT

Whilst Im not fidgeting in excitement, it'll be nice to see some more SW again. As games are scarce(just TFU recently for console peeps) and EU has fizzled, theres not much else atm.

Im also looking forward to the live series, not to mention the Trek movie and at least checking out the SW MMO :D

I dunno, is it me, or is sci-fi in general become a rarity. Gimme the 90s back dammit.

mtfbwya

I dunno, is it me, or is sci-fi in general become a rarity. Gimme the 90s back dammit.

I know, I feel like Battlestar Galactica has been hiatus since the bloody stone age!!!

TFU is bloody amazing though, got it on the Wii and it's awesome, takes me back to the JO/JA days on the PC, it works much better as a console game though IMO, especially on the Wii I think the controls are amazing!

OT: to all the people saying the can't be arsed with this series blah blah blah, could you at least watch the movie or a couple of episodes before writing it off? It's got a lot of charm and the animation is awesome, with very good action sequences and the Anakin/Ahsoka relation is actually quite endearing and humerous, granted a bit cliche though, but hey, it's Star Wars!

Yeah, the first episode was BORING. I fell asleep while watching it. Then episode 2 made up for the first one pretty well, more interesting and just something to give me hope that some of the future episodes will be good. Can't wait for the live-action series though, anyone know if they got the guy who played Boba Fett in Ep2 AotC to cast as Boba again?

I was annoyed with all the "clankers" comments, yeah, I get it, derogatory names happen in war, but these people aren't ignorant hicks, they're intelligent and trained soldiers. It's a bloody droid, call it that.
There any many other trained soldiers (of the non-ignorant hick variety) that use similar terms, such as pilots and the like. So I didn't have a problem with that.

They played up the idiocy of the driods too much IMO. While weak and worthless, they were not that retarded.

Yeah, that is one of my biggest complaints with the series thus far.

All I expect from it is the usual annihilation of previously established canon. The idea that they can shoehorn Anakin having an apprentice into the Clone Wars when the story of what he was doing during that time has already been told alone devastates much of the Clone War-era EU.
Just become an movie-purist. It solves all those problems. I sleep much better now. :)

OT: to all the people saying the can't be arsed with this series blah blah blah, could you at least watch the movie or a couple of episodes before writing it off? It's got a lot of charm and the animation is awesome, with very good action sequences and the Anakin/Ahsoka relation is actually quite endearing and humerous, granted a bit cliche though, but hey, it's Star Wars!
I have seen the film and now the first episode of the show. I'm trying to give the series a fair shot, but it has definitely limped out of the gate for me. The first TV episode was ok I guess. It was definitely helped by the fact I didn't have to pay for it, it was only a half hour, and it didn't have Ahsoka in it. The character makes me want to put a bullet in my head. I'll watch a bit more, but it is a great disappointment from when I first heard about the series...

I definitely like it; But, the narration at the beginning of the episodes takes away from it. Other than the narration, I find no fault in the series thus far.

I quite like it, reminds me of the old Saturday morning cartoons you used to get.

It may be just because I'm still a big child though, but like I said, I think it's got charm, and the occasional nod to the OT stuff is well appreciated :)

I thought the first episode was more for kids. I enjoyed the part when the two droids ran out of the tank and yoda sucked them back in and sliced them up. and the part where Yoda took out the commander droid (made me cry a little, felt sorry for the poor droid) who had just been promoted. my rating 4/10. The second episode...now thats a different story. I liked the second one much more. It actully showed clones being killed, i thought CN would censor that out. plus the whole episode felt much more...movie like sorta 6/10

Archived