Home

Anyone kinda excited about the new Clone Wars TV series?

MajinMikeyX

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Third episode was quite good too, the more I watch it the more I get this old school Star Wars feel about it you know, it's the little details like:

- The Ion Cannon

- Fighters reporting for duty

- Y-Wings bombers!!!

- "Cut the chatter Ahsoka!"

- etc...

Lovin' it! Great for old school fans and kids alike!

Third episode was quite good too, the more I watch it the more I get this old school Star Wars feel about it ...

Same here... I've programmed the DVR to catch the series, and so far I'm really liking it. Funny part is, I like the CG Skywalker MUCH better than whiny-Hayden.

At least they've (so far) pushed the whiny factor over to Ahsoka, which probably helps. While it's still obnoxious (whiny is a pet peeve) I can at least accept it better than it coming from the 'chosen one'. It's comforting to see Anakin with a little bit of dignity this time around. :xp:

Droids are still dumb as bricks, but it's tolerable so long as they keep introducing the more interesting characters (ie- Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Nahdar Vebb, etc.)

Third episode was quite good too, the more I watch it the more I get this old school Star Wars feel about it you know, it's the little details like:

- The Ion Cannon

- Fighters reporting for duty

- Y-Wings bombers!!!

- "Cut the chatter Ahsoka!"

- etc...

At least somebody agrees!

My favorite character is probably Plo Koon.

I think that the show is a little overrated, but not bad. I have watched all three episodes so far. Not bad.

The Y-Wing bombers, as NS pointed out, made things feel out of place. It just didn't make sense and I didn't think that it fit.

8/10 so far though.

They were trying to show how the technology that 'looked old' was more advanced than the tech that 'looked new', since Lucas's doing the original trilogy first totally messed up the the style of tech evolution throughout starwars history. Pretty much it goes:

Episode 1-3: Technology looks way cool and high-tech.

Episodes 4-6: Technology, yet more advanced, looks old and low-tech.

I definitely like it; But, the narration at the beginning of the episodes takes away from it. Other than the narration, I find no fault in the series thus far.
I would suggest you read up on George Lucas and the things he loved as a child that inspired him. He likes to implement all those things that helped create the imagination he has today.

As for the series. You have to remember that it's trying to attract children as well and some of the "slapstick" humor has kids rolling on the floor laughing as happened in the theater when I saw it.

The Yoda one was great for me because of the character Yoda played. He made the clones feel special when he talked about the Force and some of his tactics he used also reminded me so much of the character we saw in Empire Strikes Back. The ending was great on how he just schooled Ventress.

So far I'd say that I'm enjoying it for what it is imo, which is a light-hearted cartoon intended to entertain rather than add serious layers to Star Wars canon. I'm enjoying the fact that they are somewhat exploring characters that largely got the shaft in the movies e.g. Plo Koon. That being said for me it is definitely enjoyable as a cartoon, it is not "epic" like the Empire Strikes Back, but it... "fits the bill"

So far I'd say that I'm enjoying it for what it is imo, which is a light-hearted cartoon intended to entertain rather than add serious layers to Star Wars canon. I'm enjoying the fact that they are somewhat exploring characters that largely got the shaft in the movies e.g. Plo Koon. That being said for me it is definitely enjoyable as a cartoon, it is not "epic" like the Empire Strikes Back, but it... "fits the bill"
You know what, that's exactly how I look at it. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I think it is more like 2010/11 that it is out...

Wookieepedia (not the best source, I know) says 2009 or 2010 - so it'll probably be winter 09 or spring '10, I think.

I can't wait for the cartoon to come out over here in the UK... :(

I'm really anxious about the live action series. I'm hoping it'll turn out really good so they can be encouraged to make more live action Star Wars TV series.

Same here. Word from the grapevine is Boba Fett is (will be) showcased quite a bit in the live action and plays some important roles. Just mentioning the name will probably drive droves of viewers :D

Granted the source is from Wookieepedia, but one can only hope the rumor is true ;)

Fett will have major role in the Star Wars live-action TV series, which is set to debut in late 2009.[30] George Lucas has stated his interest in Daniel Logan (who played a young Fett in Attack of the Clones) reprising his role for the part, and Logan has expressed his interest in returning.[31]

Source - Portrayers section towards the bottom

Its just speculation atm. No casting has been completed, No scripts etc. Even if GL or Logan said they had an 'interest' in doing it, it is still speculation and potential ideas until casting is done, contracts signed etc.

Remember pre ep3 when fandom was abuzz that the blue twilek jedi(Aayla Secura - played by Amy Allen) was going to be in the series, merely because she had said 'that would be cool to be involved in that' at a convention... unluckily for her, she got killed in EP3 :(:p

Heck, I even made a sig about it way back then in 2006 :D (image was capped from a shady pre dvd version of ROTS, hence the loss of fidelity!)

AaylaSig.jpg

mtfbwya

Wookieepedia (not the best source, I know) says 2009 or 2010 - so it'll probably be winter 09 or spring '10, I think.
You take Wookieepedia over me??? :fist:

"The live-action TV series probably won’t go on until around 2010. It’ll take this year just to get through all the scripts and then another year to get them all shot." -Lucas

Archived