Home

A couple questions that have always bugged me

SD Nihil

How did Bastila get that robe? I mean the default one. You don't see any other female Jedi dress that way. And where did Carth get his default clothing? I again don't see any other republic soldier with that uniform. Finally, why do the female dark jedi some have purple sabers?

Well, Bastila is a front-line Jedi, and presumably ditched her standard robes for something that's more practical in battle. That would be the most logical assumption. Carth isn't a Republic Soldier. At this stage, he's got to be at least a Captain in the Republic Navy, given that he's an Admiral by the time TSL rolls around. That might be the uniform of a Captain in Republic Starfighter Command. As for the Lightsabers, who said all Dark Jedi have to use Red lightsabers? In Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, they have a veritable rainbow of lightsaber colors, and only Jerec uses a red one.

Well, Jedi are allowed to play around with their outfits. I mean, look at Aayla Secura! That's not exactly what I'd call standard issue!

Then there's Luminara Unduli, Shaak Ti, Barris Offee, and Ahsoka Tano. I'm sure there are some male Jedi who mess around with costumes, too--just I can't think of any off the top of my head. :D

The Jedi don't actually have uniforms. They have what they consider the traditional attire of the Jedi that many choose to wear as a symbol of their ongoing legacy, but Jedi robes are not mandatory. A great example of this would be Aayla Secura, whom I don't believe has ever been depicted wearing traditional Jedi robes.

As for Carth, well, we only see him off-duty in the game, so naturally he is not in uniform. :)

Are you sure? I seem to recall Maw using a red one.

Ret-conned into Orange I believe. The in-game settings made it appear to be red though.

Same happened with the expansion. Showed Kyle with a orange saber where it should have been yellow. But they did show differently in-game. Good observation :)

If I were a Jedi Knight I would go around in all black robes and carry a red lightsaber, cause that's how I roll! :carms:

"Yes, Jacen Solo. Going for the galactic record for the fastest plunge into bloody anarchy and the most stylish black outfit."

―Admiral Natasi Daala, to Gilad Pellaeon, about Jacen Solo[src]

You've been spotted o_Q

I've always thought Bastila's clothes were a slave outfit, kinda like Leia in RotJ. I just assumed the game engine couldn't get a different costume when you get off the planet. I'm sure the game designers thought most would take Bastila after Taris, and would give her Jedi robes on Dantooine.

In case you didn't realize it from Endorenna's wording, that is definitely incorrect. Her outfit is a jumpsuit, and it covers her from throat to toe. Well, except for her hands. Look at her outfit. Or, to be more obvious, compare the color tones of her face to that of her outfit.

Archived