Home

Will u bother with DLC if its not free?

oliath

I am really enjoying this game at the moment and i love going through again being more powerful.

It was great news to hear that DLC is being released but a bit disapointing to hear that its such a minimal amount (one pretty small level and some skins) and even more disapointing with suggestions that they will not even be free.

While i understand that it takes time and resources to develop DLC, its pretty obvious that the tactic here is to hold back stuff from the final game so that it can later be released as DLC.

I personally don't think that new skins are worth anything as they will add no difference in game play.

The new level will add at max an hour of extra gameplay to FU and as i said before... is clearly something that has been held back.

Just curious as to what other peoples opinions are on this.

Just to clarify i really do enjoy the game and i am surprised at how many times i have played through it now. After intitially thinking it had no replay value... i have gone through it about three times in total so i am not a hater of the game at all.... just a very disapointed fan.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a matter of principle, I don't see why I should have to pay more for tacked-on content that really should have been in the original release anyway. If it was a revised and re-released version of the game on a disc (like Call of Duty 4), then I might buy it, but I am not paying for what is essentially a mod - no matter who makes it - that'll add next to nothing to the game!

And a few skins...nah. Not even particularly good characters, in my opinion...

Yep

Something like multiplayer or would be game changing and add lots of life to this game so could be worth it.

I also can't believe we didn't even get challenge mode on next gen consoles when they have it on PSP!!

Something simple like that WITH leaderboards can add loads of value to a game.

I rarely do the whole DLC thing anyway. I really have to be into a game before I can warrant it as it is, having said that if I feel the DLC for Force Unleashed is worth it I'll download it.

But... I love the virtual console on the Wii...I rarely download things on my 360.

The skins aren't worth jack; I don't care if they look cool or have anything fancy about them. No changes to gameplay, as others have said. If they aren't free (which they're not gonna be), I probably won't get them. That level better be pretty damn amazing for me to dish out Microsoft Points on it.

As long as it is under maybe 5 bucks, max, I'll buy it. I hate it when the developers hold back stuff form the original game for DLC to make some more money.

That is my primary concern with downloadable content in games in general; that something that should have been in the game to begin with is lifted out and sold separately, thus watering down the game itself. I don't mind DLC that actually adds something substantial and separate to the game though (like the "Bring down the Sky" add-on for Mass Effect for example). Those can be fun and add more to do in the game when you're getting tired of the main plot. :)

Is it any surprise that the game is called FU?

I tend to abbreviate it as "STFU". :)

Minor Spoilers.

MANDALORE - Master Kota Costume (cannot be saved)

HARDBOILED - Blind Kota Costume (cannot be saved)

PROTOTYPE - Proxy Costume (cannot be saved)

FERRAL - Scout Trooper Costume (cannot be saved)

TK421GREEN - Kashyyyk Trooper Costume (cannot be saved)

TK421WHITE - Storm Trooper Costume (cannot be saved)

TK421BLUE - Storm Trooper Commander Costume (cannot be saved)

VICEROY - Bail Organa Costume (cannot be saved)

WOOKIEE - Master Kento Costume (unlocked by holocron)

HOLOCRON - Jedi Adventurer Costume (unlocked by stage progress)

DANTOOINE - Ceremonial Jedi Costume (unlocked by Jedi ending)

KORRIBAN - Sith Stalker Costume (unlocked by Sith ending)

Theres the cheats I found on IGN. The PROXY costume is funny.

Archived