Home

Will u bother with DLC if its not free?

oliath

I am really enjoying this game at the moment and i love going through again being more powerful.

It was great news to hear that DLC is being released but a bit disapointing to hear that its such a minimal amount (one pretty small level and some skins) and even more disapointing with suggestions that they will not even be free.

While i understand that it takes time and resources to develop DLC, its pretty obvious that the tactic here is to hold back stuff from the final game so that it can later be released as DLC.

I personally don't think that new skins are worth anything as they will add no difference in game play.

The new level will add at max an hour of extra gameplay to FU and as i said before... is clearly something that has been held back.

Just curious as to what other peoples opinions are on this.

Just to clarify i really do enjoy the game and i am surprised at how many times i have played through it now. After intitially thinking it had no replay value... i have gone through it about three times in total so i am not a hater of the game at all.... just a very disapointed fan.

I agree with all of this completely. I think it's such a shame that even if the extra level adds only an hour, which it won't, the producers obviously feel that it's completely legitimate to charge 60 dollars for a 8 hour game. What I'm trying to say is, if they are willing to do that, what's them to keep from charing us for an extra hour. Oh, and let us not forget, the skins. Ummm, skins are old news, those are for counter-strike days, not for TFU days. We want Vader playable can they not see that. We also don't want to see luke and obi shooting lightning when you press Y on the xbox 360, and I can talk for the ps3 players as well, whatever their lightning button may be. Please... I beg of the developers to listen to what their fans are saying, greed is what took our economy down, and greed is what is taking these games down. Money is not what is important here, staying true to the real fans that support lucasarts and his endeavors is!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not seeing as I only rented it and beat it in a weekend. It would probably be like $5 so it would make more sense for me to rent it for the Wii for $8 so I can get the content missing from the Xbox360 version (there just putting the extra content form the Wii, PS2, and PSP as DLC for the Xbox360 and PS3).

What I meant to say was "the DLC (in total) is not worth it."

I'm still waiting to find out exactly what will be offered, so I'll reserve (a little) judgement until then, but I am beginning to lean this way. If it turns out only to be the four or five skins publicised, and a token part of the Temple, then no I won't pay for it. If the Temple is more extensive, or if it emerges that this is a test run, then I may think it worth a small payment. They are deceiving themselves, however, if they think anyone will pay double figures, or even high single figures, for it.

If so, not many people will still be interested in TFU anymore.

Maybe - already I am playing this game more and more rarely. Regular, or at least every-so-often, infusions of new levels and content may be just what it needs to stay fresh.

the only thing that can keep games fresh is multiplayer...

Again, I'm inclined to agree - it's something I'm hoping for in later DLC projects (if there are to be any.) Multiplayer on the next-gens would be great - especially if they let us do online multiplayer. Take notes, LucasArts! :lol:

Yeah i am playing less and less now.

Just milking the last few achievements here and there.

I have to say though i am quite surprised about how many times i have played through after intitialy thinking it would be dull to go through again.

I don't think DLC will save this game from trade in though... if anything it will encourage it.

If the DLC is charged then its going straight back to the shop in exchange for another game.

If its free then ill probably hang onto it for a while longer... depending on what is added.

Sadly another level will only have limited apeal and what i am now REALLY looking forward to is a sequel or prequel or whatever... but something using the same game engine... only this time a FINISHED game

Archived