Home

We need a Corley Motors shirt...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I actually just found a Corley Motors logo on the internet somewhere, and then started fiddling with it to eventually get that weathered look. Stupidly, I didn't keep the original that I downloaded, but it wasn't that big to begin with. Come to think of it, it might have been the same image that CookieMonster4Sael posted in the first post here. Maybe he still has it. I'm sorry if I'm not much help...

That was intentional, I thought for some reason that some of the shirts looked better without the letters. If you want though, I guess I could make it so that there are letters on the black shirts as well.

Also, welcome to the forums! :)

If it wouldn't be much trouble, I'd love a version with the letters. Can't wait to order one of these - I might also order a shirt with sanguineheart's logo too. :D

Thanks for the welcome!

I've also made a vector graphic of the Corley Motors logo. It's probably not 100% accurate, but I think it's pretty close. Here's a preview:

corley.jpg

Here it is to download as an EPS file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/203382403/Corley.eps

If you would like to make a shirt, I would suggest something other than CafePress. Their shirts come out fuzzy looking. There are better alternatives on the web, just search around.

Spiralout, your vector is indeed super fantastic. However, when I open in Photoshop the typography is jacked up because I do not have that font installed on my machine. What font did you use here? Looks very close...

I know of a local place here that'll do fairly cheap, though high-quality printing on shirts. They use American Apparel shirts, which are quite nice. The image is sort of baked into the fabric - not an iron-on or anything like that. Gonna check on costs.

Be nice to get that "can't beat a corley" bike + chick image on the back. I have a pretty decent image of that from an old ebay auction that can be seen here. Maybe someone here can do something to improve on it?

Be nice to get that "can't beat a corley" bike + chick image on the back. I have a pretty decent image of that from an old ebay auction that can be seen here. Maybe someone here can do something to improve on it?

The image is going to be hard to reproduce, but here's the text for starters:

cant.jpg

Download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/203654074/Cant.eps

Any chance that you can scan that in at a higher resolution? It might be easier to trace out if it isn't blurry.

So, I'm working on reproducing the chick with bike artwork, and am slowed down by the loss of detail on the woman's face. I can wing it and get a close approximation, but am keen to be as accurate as possible on this.

It occurs to me her outfit is that of an old timey female aviator. An Amelia Earhart type. Checkout this picture. And this one (of Ruth Elder). Those outfits are very close!

I'm thinking now the bike is an original drawing, and the woman is an old historical photograph or something along those lines. I've dug through Google Images using various keywords, but haven't found the exact image yet. It's possible it isn't even a photograph, but an old drawing.

Anyway, thought that was neat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived