Home

Manaan/Tatooine Rataka reference help?

asdfff

I was browsing wookiepedia for KOTOR stuff today, and found this:

"...it is possible the Rakata had placed a majority of Tatooine's moisture on the oceanic planet."

( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tusken_Raider )

alongside other things that are obviously from KOTOR. However, I don't remember this factoid from any stories or databses in KOTOR...has anyone else come across this? If so, where roughly did you see it at?

Just looked at the dialogue for the Kashyyyk star map and there is no reference to Tatooine whatsoever, just suggestions that Kashyyyk was being bio-seeded as an agricultural world to meet a greater demand. Whatever source that information was taken from hasn't been cited, so I don't know how accurate it is.

Admittedly I haven't read any EU KotOR-era material beyond KotOR, so I can't help much other than to check on that dialogue question.

• 2 weeks later...
Wikipedia can be a very reliable source if it's well-cited. If something isn't cited you should definitely question it, though. :)

Thank you! I hate when people act like Wikis (and especially Wikipedia) are the most horrible sources in the world.

I'm pretty sure the only thing ever confirmed in regards to Tatooine's water is that it was vaporized via orbital bombardment. The Manaan thing isn't a bad speculation, but I don't think it's fact. I assume that the Rakata did siphon water from the planet to disperse across their empire, though.

Archived