Home

Bastilla: Like her or hate her

Endorenna

Bastilla: Like her or hate her?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Bastilla: Like her or hate her?

• What an awesome character! I love her!
    • She got cool after she turned Dark Side
    • I like her solely for her looks and her accent
    • Meh, she's okay.
    • Romance her? Gag me...
    • Shut up, you spoiled, pampered little twit of a Jedi Princess!
    • Die, Jedi dog!
    • Yoda...

^lol!

that you expected her to be nice but got a snoot was probably exactly the intended dynamic the writers wanted imo.

(sigh) You're probably right.

lol. the box and the game bastila look completely different. in fact, all the other illustrations of bastila are different from each other as well. heck all they need is a youngish woman with black hair and that bodysuit. it annoys me that they cant keep it similar.

Glad I'm not the only one. :)

frame? afaik her body is just the same model used for all the medium females...

Hmm. I dunno, maybe it's the body suit. :giveup: Actually, now that i think about it, she looks pretty nice in a maroon Jedi Robe I got in a mod...

or are you meaning something else...s -?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I'm pretty sure I don't mean anything except that I think she looks too curvaceous in her bodysuit.

fyi im not angry or anything. shes a character i like... but im not having giant hearts in stead of eyes and a slack tongue about it :lol:

:lol: That I know. :lol:

...as Jolee Bindo once said: Oh...and that body. Bastila is hot...Hot...HOT!

He said what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jolee said oh...and that body when speaking of his wife. I think Bastila is Hot!..sorry for the confusion there....

I never talk to Jolee long enough to get to his wife, lol. :xp:

I put a strange image in your head didn't I?

Yes...yes you did...Jolee hittin' on Bastilla... :scare5:

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I'm pretty sure I don't mean anything except that I think she looks too curvaceous in her bodysuit.

i mean the same thing. *cough* yes.

but thats nothing compared to the visual assault you get a beach/pool!

the worst thing is when you're sitting there, staring blankly at a wall thinking of something. then you realize you're staring directly at a girl with 2% of clothing on. so you look away and you can practically taste the looks people are giving you... "perv."

trust me, its happened more than once.

so the next time you hang around a body of water, think of the poor christian guy and cover up!

:lol:

she looks pretty nice in a maroon Jedi Robe I got in a mod...

can you give me the link for that mod?

I never talk to Jolee long enough to get to his wife, lol.

*gasp!* you dont talk to jolee?? some of that stuff is the best dialogue in the game!

Yes...yes you did...Jolee hittin' on Bastilla...

bastila would hit jolee. hard.

i mean the same thing. *cough* yes.

but thats nothing compared to the visual assault you get a beach/pool!

the worst thing is when you're sitting there, staring blankly at a wall thinking of something. then you realize you're staring directly at a girl with 2% of clothing on. so you look away and you can practically taste the looks people are giving you... "perv."

trust me, its happened more than once.

so the next time you hang around a body of water, think of the poor christian guy and cover up!

:lol:

How embarrasing! How em-barrassing. :yodac:

can you give me the link for that mod?

I will as soon as I figure out which one it is! (My override folder is stuffed!)

Edt: Found the link! Here it is. :)Brotherhood of Shadow I'll try to get a screenshot up ASAP.

*gasp!* you dont talk to jolee?? some of that stuff is the best dialogue in the game!

Hey, I don't talk to anyone anymore! Not even myself! :lol:

bastila would hit jolee. hard.

Care to try for 'through the wall'? :xp:

• 2 months later...

Bastila...she's always been an enigma to me. On the surface she's your stereotypical ***-kicking heroine who happens to be a Jedi. Plus given that I do not view the Jedi Order (not including the New Jedi Order) favorably, she did not have much credit with me to start with.

Then I started listening to her dialog carefully. Her personality is interesting: her personal demons are mostly self-perpetuated, but are also fueled by the foolish Jedi ideology of stifling one's passions. You actually feel sorry for her.

But then she gets turned to the "Dark Side." That isn't the "Dark Side" (provided that the Dark Side actually exists), that's just the Bastila Annoyance Enhancement Mod that Bioware not only threw in but actually hardwired into the game. Actually, it's not entirely Bastila, it's also characters like Malak and Atris: they all instantly regret their actions when they've been defeated or are about to die. No one just flips convictions like that. Plus her dialog at that point is so...wooden.

On the other hand she actually pretty hot in that Dark Jedi Robe.

In terms of game play, I wish she was more powerful, especially as a Sith. She's the second least powerful member of the Party (Carth being the worst). I wish she had some unique powers (maybe actual Battle Meditation).

Those are my thoughts.

Oh, and Visas is one of my top TSL faves. And yes, she is quite the looker. :D

I saw this great video of mission and Bastilla on taris. Mission is complaining how everyone is calling her too young, then basilla uses the force to trip her. god it was hysterical.

Y'see, and that was one of the things that set off my alarm bells and made me a little afraid of her. Mission starts out asking an honest (albeit sophomoric) question, and Bastila totally flies off the handle, capping it off by doing the very "petty and trivial" thing she said she would never do.

She reacts to a kid's question by losing her temper and then attacking her with the Force? Oh, ten to one, I'm going to be addressing her as "Darth" later in this story. If she can't play nicely with others, I'm probably better off keeping her on the ship.

I kept thinking there would be another banter or something where she would admit her behavior was out of line, but there wasn't. And it wasn't just Mission - Bastila couldn't take a little teasing out of Canderous (and thanks to Athena Prime, my view of that banter's been corroded), was pretty short with Carth, and quite dogmatic with Jolee. Now, I can understand her being brusque with your PC, but the others didn't earn that kind of rudeness.

Bastila is a wonderful character, and easily the most interesting one. She is willing to show compassion to anyone who repents, such as Revan (and Mekel on Korriban if you use the Bastila on Korriban mod). Considering what she knows of Revan, her compasssion and willingness to work with him is astounding. Of course, since neither Malak or Canderous ever repents, she rightfully despises them for their evil ways.

She has a huge responsibility riding on her shoulders; on Taris, Carth says that only Bastila stand between the Sith and victory. By the beginning of the first game, she has carried that burden for more than a year. Then she also takes on the burden of guiding mind-wiped Revan on the Star Forge mission. Is it any wonder she cracks under those burdens?

Her inner conflicts also grant the character depth, a depth that none of the others can match.

Frankly, Bastila is the only one of the crew which shows any inner strength at all. The others are just quitters in various forms: Carth is broken by simple betrayal and loss of his wife, much the same for Jolee. Canderous is broken by being defeated and finding no challenge working as a merc. Zaalbar is broken for being cast out. Mission is broken by being abandoned by her no good brother. Juhani is broken by failing her test.

There is nothing in any of their background, etc. which suggest any of them have even tried to improve their lot. Seriously, the rest of the crew is a pathetic bunch of losers in comparison with Bastila :D. At least she fought on, the rest just seemed to have given up until Revan came along. Yeah, I know it is just a game, but the difference is striking :)

Mission starts out asking an honest (albeit sophomoric) question,

And then she continues to push the issue when being told the very idea is preposterous :headbump. That scene makes Mission look not only dumb, but also bratty. Notice how Mission flies of the handle at the slightest mention of age? She really deserved what she got (and a force trip seems very mild in context).

Bastila couldn't take a little teasing out of Canderous

He isn't teasing her, one would have to daft or willfully ignorant to believe that. He is insulting her (and her beliefs), and he does the same to Carth, once Carth admits to finding war horrible.

but the others didn't earn that kind of rudeness.

Have you seen Carth's banter with Jolee? Here are the opening lines:

Carth: So, Jolee, you decided to leave your little hermitage in the forest and come help us stop the Sith. I guess you realized this was worth coming out of retirement for, huh?

Jolee: Yeah, that's right, sonny. The Sith are the greatest evil to hit the galaxy since, well, the Mandalorians. And they're the worst thing since Exar Kun. Blah, blah, blah, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Carth: Okay, old man, you lost me there. Are you trying to make a point?

Compare with the opening lines from Bastila's banter with Jolee:

Bastila: Jolee, may I have a moment? There is something I wish to speak to you about.

Jolee: Yep, I figured it was only a matter of time until we had the whole "come back to the Order" discussion. Well, I guess there's no avoiding it now, so let's get it over with.

Bastila: I know you have... issues... with the Order. But you are a Jedi, Jolee. You command the Force. Without the guidance of the Council how can you avoid falling to the dark side?

Carth wins hands down in the rudeness department. He is only marginally less rude in his banters with Bastila.

Canderous is rude/insulting to everyone, except Revan.

Jolee is patronizing and rude toward Revan, and to a lesser extent Bastila and Carth.

Mission is a brat to anyone but Revan and Zaalbar.

Seriously, the others are far worse than Bastila, when it comes to being rude.

She treats them no worse than they treat each other or her, and she often is more polite and patient with them than they deserve.

Archived