Home

The Wait is Over...

Tomak Ta-Zak

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the Knights MMO. After all that time, the rumor turns out to be true. Thanks Lucas Arts, thanks a lot. ****ing amateurs. I'm not going to play an MMO, warcraft and stuff like that just doesn't appeal to me. I'm not happy about this at all, but hey to those who like MMO's and Star Wars, congrats on getting a new game to enjoy!

If it's free monthly like Guild Wars, I'll play it. if it costs money, I'll just wait till somebody makes a private free server for it.

Seriously, games are too expensive as it is, I wanna be able to afford new games every so often, not have to keep dumping cash into the SAME game(unless paying for it gives me some service beyond "stable gameplay", because you don't need an MMO for stable gameplay.)

Guest DarthMaulUK

You should be excited ( I hope!). I think LucasArts have learned from Galaxies where the canon has gone right out of the window. Rumour has it, this announcement will be an MMO set in the Old Republic - allowing players to be either Jedis or Siths. How all that will work, is unknown but we have around 12 hours left to find out.

This is Biowares first MMO and its using the new(ish) Hero engine to power it. Although EA now own Bioware, I can't see them being involved in the marketing process, unless its territories that already distribute LucasArts' games (Like in the land of Oz).

What is more interesting, is that Activision/Blizzard already do this for LucasArts games, who are now EA's biggest rivals. Its all interesting stuff!

This is Biowares first MMO and its using the new(ish) Hero engine to power it. Although EA now own Bioware, I can't see them being involved in the marketing process, unless its territories that already distribute LucasArts' games (Like in the land of Oz).

What is more interesting, is that Activision/Blizzard already do this for LucasArts games, who are now EA's biggest rivals. Its all interesting stuff!

no it's not,i couldn't care less about these companys market battle and how much money they make,i just want the game we've been all waiting for.

and sadly it's not gonna happen

I urge all to keep open minded, I have learned that MMO's can indeed be remarkable expansions of single player games, and that there is much that can be gained for eveyone. There is ample chance for an individual player to enjoy the story, and I really really am looking forward to this, Biowar is such an awesome company and i agree with DarthM that Lucas has certainly learned from Galaxies. Lets keep open minded and be very very glad the Force will be with us again. That alone is a great gift. Lets remember the many lessons of the Jedi and see the positive in what unfolds.

Some have worked very hard to mend the omissions and the things that got left out of Kotor I and II in restoration work and mods and this is a chance for much to unfold that was interrupted before. There is a great positivness in this. And games are not created and published in a vacumn, with no considerations for economics, that is part of life and we are very fortunate to have this new step along the journey at all, considering many things including recent Terran events in the economic sphere.

no it's not,i couldn't care less about these companys market battle and how much money they make,i just want the game we've been all waiting for.

and sadly it's not gonna happen

Perhaps when you're a bit older you'll start to gain an interest in the rivalry between two of the biggest game publishers in the world. Or perhaps not.

I'm always amused though by those who think that everyone has been anxiously awaiting KotOR 3. Sure, there are no doubt many people, especially here, who want KotOR 3, myself included. I recognize however there are a lot of people who want to play a Star Wars MMORPG too as will quite likely be demonstrated in the weeks and months after today's announcement. :)

Perhaps when you're a bit older you'll start to gain an interest in the rivalry between two of the biggest game publishers in the world. Or perhaps not.

I'm always amused though by those who think that everyone has been anxiously awaiting KotOR 3. Sure, there are no doubt many people, especially here, who want KotOR 3, myself included. I recognize however there are a lot of people who want to play a Star Wars MMORPG too as will quite likely be demonstrated in the weeks and months after today's announcement. :)

how much older?

i'm 26 already :(

and you're right,i shoudn't speak for everyone else

Guest DarthMaulUK
how much older?

i'm 26 already :(

and you're right,i shoudn't speak for everyone else

LOL sorry, but that made me laugh.

You should be excited ( I hope!). I think LucasArts have learned from Galaxies where the canon has gone right out of the window. Rumour has it, this announcement will be an MMO set in the Old Republic - allowing players to be either Jedis or Siths. How all that will work, is unknown but we have around 12 hours left to find out.

I will have to look at the screens. I don't like paying more than once for a game. Monthly fees add up pretty quickly. I'm not a big fan of MMORPGs; thus, I will probally pass on this game. I also don't like to be in a game that is not personal. Having others playing in the game with me takes away my privacy. I wanted a game that caters to the single player. I'm sure it will be an exciting time for those who do play. BioWare is not a small fish anymore. I wish them luck and more success.

Yar.

I urge all to keep open minded, I have learned that MMO's can indeed be remarkable expansions of single player games, and that there is much that can be gained for eveyone. There is ample chance for an individual player to enjoy the story, and I really really am looking forward to this, Biowar is such an awesome company and i agree with DarthM that Lucas has certainly learned from Galaxies. Lets keep open minded and be very very glad the Force will be with us again. That alone is a great gift. Lets remember the many lessons of the Jedi and see the positive in what unfolds.

Yes! Someone who agrees with me! :D

Perhaps when you're a bit older you'll start to gain an interest in the rivalry between two of the biggest game publishers in the world.

In one word: economics!!!!! :xp:

I recognize however there are a lot of people who want to play a Star Wars MMORPG too as will quite likely be demonstrated in the weeks and months after today's announcement. :)

Like me?

Just a few more hours...

Archived