Home

The Wait is Over...

Tomak Ta-Zak

When I was playing SWG, I felt incredibly special and singled out because I was different than everybody else. I was my own person. I looked like my own person. I was the only one with my name. And I felt like I was part of Star Wars, which was what I want. I'm sure that TOR will give me the same impression, and I can't wait for it. :)

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I was playing SWG, I felt incredibly special and singled out because I was different than everybody else. I was my own person. I looked like my own person. I was the only one with my name. And I felt like I was part of Star Wars, which was what I want. I'm sure that TOR will give me the same impression, and I can't wait for it. :)

Should that answer how a MMO can feel personal and story driven?

Do you think so? To me they look very dated. On thing I'll potentially be disappointed about is the lower end graphics to accommodate the MMO style...

dated maybe, but not very. No it's not necessarily "Star Wars" graphics and it could be much better than they are, but you make too personal and should look at it from an objective point of view. If your not an MMO gamer don't get so beat up about the fact that they decided to make an MMO at all. Its a hot, new thing and developers(not all) want in.

They said that an MMO is being made to tell more than one story, and something like that has great potential for an MMO whereas WOW has essentially no story at all. This game isn't even KOTOR, its just TOR. I wouldn't give up KOTOR and say its dead, I wouldn't even call it evolved, its just in a corner of a room in the back of a filing cabinet waiting to be found.

well then...should we have a funeral? For me I'm happy either way just playing Fable 2 at the moment. KOTOR is behind me for now.

The existence of KOTOR 3 is already dead in my mind, but if I were playing Fable II it would be buried 6 feet under :D

By "driven by your own story", the point being made WAS using your imagination which in doing so gives you a story. For example, a backstory to your character and what drives your character to do what they do. What are their goals? Is there a twist? Your Imagination can do all this.

Archived