Home

The Wait is Over...

Tomak Ta-Zak

Economics is a big issue. We are going through an economic crisis; thus, people are making changes in spending habits. Placing anything on a creditcard at the moment is insane. Paying for a singleplayer game is quick and easy. Extending the cost of a game to include online entertainment is painful. I recently closed out two of my credit accounts. I have one more to go, and I will be dept free in a time of economic crisis. I don't see myself returning to intense consumerism anytime soon.

Too bad this wasn't a singleplayer game.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economics is a big issue. We are going through an economic crisis; thus, people are making changes in spending habits. Placing anything on a creditcard at the moment is insane. Paying for a singleplayer game is quick and easy. Extending the cost of a game to include online entertainment is painful. I recently closed out two of my credit accounts. I have one more to go, and I will be dept free in a time of economic crisis. I don't see myself returning to intense consumerism anytime soon.

Too bad this wasn't a singleplayer game.

Seal yourself in a room for 5 years then. I'm sorry but that is the most ridiculous complaint against a Kotor mmo i have ever seen. I for one will be happy to spend my money on a Kotor mmo.

Why can't it be a single player game with an MMO component?

I think there's a realistic chance game designers will look for other options then a 'full' mmo, since the competition is killing.

I think stuff like Battlenet and semi-online MMO stuff in Diablo 3 will be the future.

To charge at a game with 11 million players...with a SW disaster backing you up...not a smart move.

If they find a good system for the Jedi, I'll gladly pay though...I wants to be a Wookiee!

Seal yourself in a room for 5 years then. I'm sorry but that is the most ridiculous complaint against a Kotor mmo I have ever seen. I for one will be happy to spend my money on a Kotor mmo.
Good for you. Enjoy the monthly creditcard charges and fees. Pfft... I have plans on buying a second car; however, I'm going to pay for it through cash. Other things in life are more important. I'm not try to discourage people from playing a MMORPG. I'm telling people how I see where a MMORPG fits into my life. I'm sure it will be exciting to play; however, I'm not going to spend credit to do so.

Edit --

Your 21?! I get it now. Mom and dad still pay your bills. I wish I had someone who could do that. I'm buying my first house next year. Your buying a year subscription to a game. Go figure.

I'm willing to bet a responsible young adult is looking at this MMO saying, "I pray for a seperate singleplayer KotOR." Why? They are cutting back on unnecessary spending. They still want to enjoy a KotOR game; however, they don't want to waste anything beyond their future needs. There are other important things to worry about.

A responsible young adult would be able to keep up with the credit card payments accompanying the monthly fee, Yar-El. Despite the crisis.
A responsible adult would cutback in case they lose a job, need to pay for the gas bill, or need money for emergencies. We are living in a depression - recession environment. Being on time with creditcards doesn't help in this environment. Having money available for the unseen is responsible. I'm moving into a house because it will save me money. Its also an investment. Paying for a video game subscription is wasteful spending.

Star Wars MMO will be a great game for players. Some people will be able to join in; however, other people are going to play it safe with spending. I'm sure people will have a grand time.

I will make everyone a promise. I won't bring the excitement down when the forums opens up. I will visit to see reviews, screens, and debates. I will not comment in anyway to drag things down. This is an exciting time for everyone; thus, I won't be the one responsible for crashing the party. I hate when people do that. :disaprove

Things don't exactly work like that. I'm 21. I currently have no job but i still have money i saved from my last job for me to live on for more than a year. I still pay rent. I also have a debit card, quite a useful lil thing. I have never needed a credit card. I would quite happily pay a monthly subscription because i know how to enjoy mmo's. I got my moneys worth out of Galaxies, and I'm confident with the mistakes Lucasarts will learn from Galaxies, they will make a higher quality mmo which i can enjoy even more.

For the record, as i am 21. I'm still young, despite the fact i don't drink now and don't smoke, i'm still at an age where i'd like to have fun. This mmo will be my idea of fun. Wasteful spending? How many times you been to a bar and ended up with less in your wallet? That said, i understand that people save money in different ways, the fact you have a house now is brilliant. I wish i did, but unfortunately house/flat/apartment prices in this country are ridiculous for a 21 year old in my condition to start wading in. So for the moment, that money is only going in one direction. Because it sure as hell isn't enough for a house.

Oh and just incase this is turning into some argument, i donate a smiley: :wavey:

I just don't like what you seem to be implying, 'Yar-El': that anyone who doesn't choose to abstain from the KotOR MMO is irresponsible. I'm resentful on behalf of those who plan on playing it.

It's also possible you might be being a little hypersensitive.

Note to self: resenting being called irresponsible makes me hypersensitive. I'll keep that in mind. :dozey:

:wstupid:

Seems I'm being chewed out for stating my feelings. :rolleyes:

I'm done here until the announcement is over.

:rofl:

You even win at IRONY.

Top score.

Curses, you've discovered my secret weapon! :xp:

However, I still fail to see how being unappreciative of the implication of being irresponsible makes me hypersensitive. I must have a different understanding of the word than you do, it would seem.

But, Herbie is right. No need to bicker on the big day. :D

It's possible he actually was being hypersensitive, on the other hand. It sure looks that way to me.

Curses, you've discovered my secret weapon! :xp:

However, I still fail to see how being unappreciative of the implication of being irresponsible makes me hypersensitive. I must have a different understanding of the word than you do, it would seem.

But, Herbie is right. No need to bicker on the big day. :D

I think what really took the cake was when you replied to TKA-001's one-smiley post.

I just don't like what you seem to be implying, 'Yar-El': that anyone who doesn't choose to abstain from the KotOR MMO is irresponsible. I'm resentful on behalf of those who plan on playing it.
I gave the wrong impression. I was only responding to your original reply. I keep forgetting there are mutiple demographics on these forums. My apology for telling anyone they are irresponsible for buying this game.

Things don't exactly work like that. I'm 21. I currently have no job but i still have money i saved from my last job for me to live on for more than a year. I still pay rent. I also have a debit card, quite a useful lil thing. I have never needed a credit card. I would quite happily pay a monthly subscription because i know how to enjoy mmo's. I got my moneys worth out of Galaxies, and I'm confident with the mistakes Lucasarts will learn from Galaxies, they will make a higher quality mmo which i can enjoy even more.

For the record, as i am 21. I'm still young, despite the fact i don't drink now and don't smoke, i'm still at an age where i'd like to have fun. This mmo will be my idea of fun. Wasteful spending? How many times you been to a bar and ended up with less in your wallet? That said, i understand that people save money in different ways, the fact you have a house now is brilliant. I wish i did, but unfortunately house/flat/apartment prices in this country are ridiculous for a 21 year old in my condition to start wading in. So for the moment, that money is only going in one direction. Because it sure as hell isn't enough for a house.

Oh and just incase this is turning into some argument, i donate a smiley: :wavey:

I see where you are going. I was a little reckless with what I said. I'm at a different point in life. Thats all. You get no argument from me. I see your smiley and raise you another. :wavey:

Archived