Home

The Wait is Over...

Tomak Ta-Zak

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just checked out the screenshots. Imho choosing 'stylised' (cartoonish) graphics is a cheap way to make a game. The lightsabers look like massive pipes and it doesn't appear to have the artistic style of the Kotor games. I was excited for the mmo but this cartoon appearance does not appeal to me.

That said, i really like the idea of companion characters. Basically you take them up, build them and they go with you. That's pretty unique for an mmo, providing it's more advanced than a simple pet system. Maybe i can finally have my droids that will be useful as oppose to just stand there.

I just checked out the screenshots. Imho choosing 'stylised' (cartoonish) graphics is a cheap way to make a game. The lightsabers look like massive pipes and it doesn't appear to have the artistic style of the Kotor games. I was excited for the mmo but this cartoon appearance does not appeal to me.

That said, i really like the idea of companion characters. Basically you take them up, build them and they go with you. That's pretty unique for an mmo, providing it's more advanced than a simple pet system. Maybe i can finally have my droids that will be useful as oppose to just stand there.

I agree. The people are sp cartoonish its wierd and the lightsabers are just ****ed up.

It's pre-alpha screens. Basically the standard figures/characters from the engine (which is cartoony) with a saber in hand.

Was just mentioned in a live- q&a with Bioware panel. If you watch closely you can see it's a 'toony superhero' engine actually. The artwork is better on the concept art though.

Thats nothing new. Go a necromancer in EverQuest II. You get a companion that levels with you and gets new abillities as it levels.

I am p***** that both LucasArts and BioWare are not doing a KOTOR III. And what's worse is that they didn't say nothing for like 5 years, and when fans were expecting a KOTOR game that tells that fate of what happened to The Exile and Revan... instead all we got is a MMO. No KOTOR III...

However, I'm going to give the MMO a chance when it comes out. Then I'll see how it is and everything. I'm not going to be close minded.

Wow Lucasarts has just managed to screw all of its loyal fans once again.....I didn't think they had it in them but it just goes to show you should never underestimate George Lucas and his never ending quest to fill up his pockets.....

...and build up a loyal fanbase, make it wait for several years, only to ruthlessly crush its hopes and dreams. Yup, typical Lucas.

I'm seeing a pattern here. Astrotoy7 was right. As the pattern repeats itself over and over again more and more childhoods will indeed be raped. I've come to the conclusion that LucasAnything is a sadistic, evil entity that must be destroyed for the good of mankind.

I personally don't mind if we don't get a K3, but some of the things in the KOTOR series needed wrapping up properly instead of simply saying 'Revan never returned' - i'm certainly not going to buy an overpriced, overhyped MMO to find out whatever loose semblance of an ending they put together for him.

the concept art is sweet,the premise is sweet then the gameplay is the single worse thing i ever saw in my ****in life, what were they thinking???, that has completly ruined the entire thing, theres no way i could sit and look at that **** for 8 hrs, never mind 5 years rofl, way to go LA/Bioware

I personally don't mind if we don't get a K3, but some of the things in the KOTOR series needed wrapping up properly instead of simply saying 'Revan never returned' - i'm certainly not going to buy an overpriced, overhyped MMO to find out whatever loose semblance of an ending they put together for him.
I agree. Too bad LA doesn't give a flying **** about what their fanbase wants.

"You'll take our crap and you'll like it!"

Even LucasForums?

I just witnessed something early this morning that I never thought I would ever see here, so the jury's still out on that one. ;)

Archived