Home

The Wait is Over...

Tomak Ta-Zak

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to hear there is "something' coming out, Biowar does great work. I will look forward to the news with great anticipation and enjoyment whatever it is, and will very much enjoy seeing more of the remarkable KOTOR universe if it is indeed part of that. :) Good to see such lively discourse! The Force be with us all. :)

Wait you will, comes what comes it will.

Still, they need to get paid something for these games because they license them.

Hmm, here's something I'm curious about. If the other companies make the games, who decides how much they cost, Lucasarts or the other company?

LucasArts since they are the ones funding the project.

According to EA CEO John Riccitiello, EA is "funding the MMO in Austin" though that doesn't necessarily mean LucasArts isn't putting money into the development effort along with EA. No way to really know without someone from EA or LucasArts actually going on the record about how the funding is working for this project.

EDIT: No, I don't know who will set the price for the game. I just wanted to clarify that EA is apparently providing some level of funding for it.

I am ignoring this announcement until Monday! I'd like to keep my hopes at their usual depressing level until I've got a real reason to be excited. Or disappointed. Either is possible! :)

Agreed why dont we all just shut up until than and go out of out minds when it happens and the fate of the galaxy (and a whole bunch of Star Wars fans) is decided.

Hmmm well if I remember correctly(and someone can read through the pages of the speculation thread) Bioware did indeed deny working on a KotOR MMO.

Truthfully, it is more likely an MMO since Massively.com does not deal with SPRPG's. Why would they be invited if there was no MMO to be announced?

Personally though, I would rather see a Mass Effect MMO and a KotOR SPRPG. Anyone who's played the PC version of Mass Effect could see how it would make a great MMO. Just make colonization a possibility. Add in a crafting trade or three. A few different ships you can own.... several more quest lines... boom MMO

According to EA CEO John Riccitiello, EA is "funding the MMO in Austin" though that doesn't necessarily mean LucasArts isn't putting money into the development effort along with EA. No way to really know without someone from EA or LucasArts actually going on the record about how the funding is working for this project.
Does LucasArts prepay for work being done? I don't know how LucasArts does buisness; thus, I thought someone may have the answer.

I truly think that the last Star Wars game that was perfect was probably one of the Rogue Leader Squadron games. KotOR lacked some things, KotOR 2 lacked alot of things, EAW got really old really quick, Jedi Knight series just got worse and worse atleast that guy is making KOTF for JKJA. Republic Commando fell at customization and was the casual Star Wars version of some game. BattleFront lacks LOTS of physics in the game itself and the 1st one lacked story. I kind of feel The Force Unleashed was like a Star Wars version of Assasins Creed. I mean KotOR was probably one of the best Star Wars game series and it is slowly going to waste, It had probably the largest modding community... But like I said we will soon find out 5 days 120 hours.

Does LucasArts prepay for work being done? I don't know how LucasArts does buisness; thus, I thought someone may have the answer.
Someone has to pay for the software/technology licensing, equipment, facility and the salaries of the development team during the course of creating the game. It's usually the publisher who provides funding for these activities. Will this game be co-published by EA and LucasArts? I don't know the answer to that question but I think chances are good we'll find out soon. ;)

I don't really care if it's an MMO. It's still KOTOR, and if it comes out, then I'm buying. :)

I'd prefer if it were an ordinary RPG, like K1 & K2, but even if that doesn't happen, I won't be disappointed.

a K3 RPG would be difficult anyway... I mean, the story is already laid out, as well as the characters.

It matters not to me... just end the cliffhanger that's been there for five years and tell the story! The game would be nice, but I'm more interested in knowing how it ends.

If I had to choose, I would prefer something significantly different than the last two, so long as it has the inventory / influence / multi character use and I'm happy.

The wait isn't over for me. I'm going to ignore this MMO when it releases and view it as a bad mistake made by LA. And when that happens, I'll still be waiting for the true KoTOR 3 to be released.

Good luck there. I wondered if the 4th Warcraft would come out after WoW, being that WoW was an MMO.

Whats it been now... getting close to 5 years or so?

All we can do is wait and see. I mean It can end up being something else and not Kotor related at all. Let's see if its a SRPG or a MMORPG. After all , our prayers will be answered this Monday Tuesday (Hopefully)
Fixed! Likely late Tuesday since the press conference starts at 2 PM in San Francisco (GMT -7 I believe).

I beleive a MMO would probably be more succesful than a RPG. But it won't be storydriven, you'd just end up farming bosses to continue the cliffhanger. But there are more people who'd buy an MMO just because its an MMO. Plus it has name recogniston with Star Wars and KOTOR. It could be terrible and still do well. Either way even if its a good MMO it won't continue the story well.

Archived