Home

The Wait is Over...

Tomak Ta-Zak

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The content would be the problem. The experience KotOR offers is somewhat unique, and on my view impossible to be reproduced to a MMO. How about the choices, the dialogs? A plot and, for God's sake, an ending? The characters? The feeling that the galaxy really relies on you and not on "Joe_Doe4evar" to save the day?

I personally think that the original KOTOR is a lot more boring than the second one, at least after seeing the plot twist once. In the second one, there are a ton of powers to try out, hundreds of lightsaber upgrade options, TONS of dialog options (well, except for Bao-Dur and Disciple ;)) and, IMO, a much more interesting storyline. I'm still trying to sort out the true stuff Kreia said (however sparsely placed it may be) and the baloney.

^ plus its heaps more interactive than the 2nd one in every sense IMO :p

The idea of a KoTOR MMO just wouldn't be KoTOR at all. It has a certain unique experience that I know the MMO prject will never be able to duplicate. If there is anyone to blame for this; it should be EA for coming up with such an incompetent, lazy idea.

(lol I'm sorry. An overeacting fan here...)

Something just came up in my mind (doesn't happen very often, blame alcohol).

I wasn't an active member at the time K2 was released.

But I do remember Lucasarts released a trailer. One trailer only. Including the date the game was to be released.

Does anybody know how many months were between them?

Because, I have a certain feeling the 21th will give us a trailer. Because artwork won't do. "The wait is over." We aren't waiting for a boring announcement.

I know this has been in development since 2007, but does anybody know how much time was between the trailer-release of K2? We might have a possible release date for k3 too then.

PS: Since Christmas is impossible. Maybe a Q3 2009 release?

In the second one, there are a ton of powers to try out, hundreds of lightsaber upgrade options, TONS of dialog options (well, except for Bao-Dur and Disciple ;))

Content-wise and graphically, I will concede that TSL was (marginally :carms:) superior, but IMO the storyline of KotOR was better.

I'm still trying to sort out the true stuff Kreia said (however sparsely placed it may be) and the baloney.

Good luck with that! I gave up trying the third or fourth time round! :lol:

The only thing that confuses me is the idea that TSL has no ending, yet K1 supposedly does.

Maybe it's just that the KotOR endings are more interesting, more dramatic - especially considering it was a standalone - while TSL was alway supposed to be part of a series (True Sith bit). TSL's ending was a little bit of a letdown, IMO, as the two were so similar no matter what, contrasted to KotOR.

I personally think that the original KOTOR is a lot more boring than the second one, at least after seeing the plot twist once.

For me it's incredibly hard to see KotOR as boring. Even the second game... well, except for Nar Shaddaa and it's waves of uninteresting NPCs.

In the second one, there are a ton of powers to try out, hundreds of lightsaber upgrade options

Naturally. If it didn't, it would be an expansion pack, not a sequel.

TONS of dialog options (well, except for Bao-Dur and Disciple

And Visas, and Handmaiden, and Mira, and HK, and Hanharr, and...

It goes without mention that Atton's back story ends with an eye blink.

I can get Visas, Handmaiden, Mira, and HK to talk with me for a long time. Hanharr--he just goes in a circle. The thing that redeems Atton out of the 'needs to be thrown in the garbage' oblivion is that his backstory was interesting.

And he'd play pazaak with me in the middle of a battle...y'know, let my Force points recharge...;)

Kreia--no comment. ;)

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a bash KotOR II thread.

I'll be glad when this announcement has finally been said. All this pointless banter about how empty K2 is, and how fulfilling K1 was.

In terms of a KotOR MMO, well, if the announcement turns out to be the MMO, I'll laugh and say I told you all so. If the announcement brings other news, I'll, errrm, calmly walk on, lol. :xp:

i hope it turns out to be a "mass effect kotor",but i don't really believe that's gonna happen,i'll do leaps of joy if it does.

You mean a good RPG or one that lets you have sex with a hot blue alien? :D

Still, I'd be OK with an MMO if it's well done, but I think it'll really take away a lot of what was great about the other Kotor games, ie: some semblance of an actual story.

Didn't know they were mutually exclusive

Still, I'd be OK with an MMO if it's well done, but I think it'll really take away a lot of what was great about the other Kotor games, ie: some semblance of an actual story.

It would be the one thing that is severely lacking in a good percentage of the MMO's out there. I would really like to see an MMO that has a very good and long lasting story. It would also be nice if you didn't have to spend days grinding womprats to gain a level haha...

that depends,mission is gonna be in it or not? :xp:

Archived