Home

Sarah Jane Adventures Series II and Torchwood series III

Taak Farst

YAY!!!!!! As a doctor who mega fan I had to make this..and no doubt The Doctor will make a post soon :p

SJA is back! I dint particularly enjoyed S1 but I watched the last sontaran pt 1 and pt 2 and I think it was quite good..for a little kid programme anyway.

I may watch this clown one coming up - seems interesting - and I crap my pants at clowns...

And now to Torchwood! For those who dunno official news was posted on BBC.co.uk/torchwood (official site) saying that Series 3 will indeed be reality. Only consisting of 5 episodes in consecutive weeks, and with the same story, I hope its good :(

Due to transmit in 2009 on BBC One, the series - called Torchwood: Children Of Earth - sees the team embarking on a single action-packed adventure as they battle for the future of the human race against the most fierce force they have encountered.

The highly motivated Torchwood team are John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness, Eve Myles as Gwen Cooper, and Gareth David-Lloyd as Ianto Jones. Other regular cast involved in their high-octane adventure are Kai Owen as Rhys Williams, Gwen's husband, and Tom Price as PC Andy.

WAAA no owen or toshiko...

So I bold 2 important bits - A) comin in 09 B) THE SERIES HAS A BLOODY NAME!

DISCUSS! AND YOU, THE DOCTOR, IF U DONT POST IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS I FALLEN OUT WIT U

Somehow...I knew you would pop in a comment like that sooner or l8r :p

I gave it a chance... I liked it at first. But one too many Destroyer of Worlds, homosexual encounters and erratic car chases involving blowfish killed it in my eyes.

I gave it a chance... I liked it at first. But one too many Destroyer of Worlds, homosexual encounters and erratic car chases involving blowfish killed it in my eyes.

I think S1 was crap but S2 made up for it. Ah well, were all different....and btw, there can neva be enough "erratic car chases involving blowfish" in my eyes :p

Any posts serving to do nothing more than bash Davies are not constructive, and will be reported. I'm sick of people bitching about the guy. He's no worse than George Lucas. Get over it or don't bother posting.

*breath*

I don't care for the Sarah Jane Adventures, but I've been pumped for season three of Torchwood since the beginning of the second - specifically, the second episode, Sleeper. I know there's no evidence to support the idea, but I'd love it if the Torchwood mini-series in '09 were about the Sleeper Cell aliens. That story has the potential for some serious long-term villains in the future.

EDIT: Twenty minutes, biotch. :p No falling out for me. w00tw00t!

Any posts serving to do nothing more than bash Davies are not constructive, and will be reported. I'm sick of people bitching about the guy. He's no worse than George Lucas. Get over it or don't bother posting.

It's just a joke... apologies if I offended you.

*breath*

I don't care for the Sarah Jane Adventures, but I've been pumped for season three of Torchwood since the beginning of the second - specifically, the second episode, Sleeper. I know there's no evidence to support the idea, but I'd love it if the Torchwood mini-series in '09 were about the Sleeper Cell aliens. That story has the potential for some serious long-term villains in the future.

EDIT: Twenty minutes, biotch. :p No falling out for me. w00tw00t!

YAY I KNEW U COULD DO IT!

I like that idea tbh. And seriously cant wait for S3!!!!!!!

@Darth Moeller

He's better than George Lucas.

Fixed

Hey DM...I didnt see RTD make a crappy Torchwood cartoon movie...honestly!

It's just a joke... apologies if I offended you.

It's ok, it wasn't you personally. It's an a number of people, some around here and some elsewhere that have just gotten on my last nerve about it. Apology accepted.

Actually, he is.

At least Davies has the brains to surround himself with writers like Steven Moffat. Lucas is an arrogant prick who won't let anyone else write a damn thing, because Heaven forbid they outshine his feeble skills. -_-

It's ok, it wasn't you personally. It's an a number of people, some around here and some elsewhere that have just gotten on my last nerve about it. Apology accepted.

At least Davies has the brains to surround himself with writers like Steven Moffat. Lucas is an arrogant prick who won't let anyone else write a damn thing, because Heaven forbid they outshine his feeble skills. -_-

*clap* well said, well said!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now plz lets go bak on topic :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, Doc. ;)

Well, the first and only time i've ever seen anything to do with SJA was the Doctor Who finale... So I have no idea about it - plus i'm at college when it's been on.

I'll watch S3 or Torchwood, in the interests of giving it a clean break... I enjoyed Series 1up until all the clock man stuff. I'm not one to refuse a second chance, and if it's sticking to one, solid story throughout it might be worth watching.

Sleepers? Weren't they those things that had the weird sword arms? The ones the Army couldn't take down?

That's the only episode I actually liked last season, so if it's about them I might have a reason for watching...

*HIGH FIVE*

astor in is da houzes

...He's no worse than George Lucas. Get over it or don't bother posting....

Here's some things RTD needs to to before he can even be worthy of mention alongside GL

*Finance research and development of new film making techniques with proceeds from his own films

*Lead the way for use of digital video in movie making.

*Lobby for directors rights, and a decreased artistic stranglehold by major studios.

*Support creative artists internationally, in diverse media with the establishment of Lucasarts, Pixar, Singapore Animation Studio, Skywalker Ranch & ILM, Lucasbooks

Russel T Davies... indeed, he has helped breath new life into DW, but I daresay the visual effects (which GL was the progenitor of) have helped add to the mass appeal the show has today.

OT:

CapN Jack is my favourite character in the Whoniverse, even more than the Doctor himself. Hence, I am excited Torchwood is coming back.

SJA was cool, best kids show ever :D I loved how they integrated it into the finale of the last season. I also think SJA is pretty sexeh for an older broad ;)

mtfbwya

Can we at least agree that neither of them is exactly the best writer in the world, and that stating said fact over and over again in the same thread gets redundant to the point where it threatens to pop one of my veins? :p

As for Jack, I must admit that he is pretty badass. Definitely my favourite character - following the Doctor, I mean. :xp:

Torchwood - Awesome, mostly for Jack Harkness. The character is absolutely amazing. Barrowman does a fantastic job.

Sara Jane Adventures - No.

Just... no. No, never, no. The show is silly, the situations are silly, and the whole concept of it is silly, and the fact that it's a kid's show is no excuse. Mr. Smith makes me want to punch babies, and Elisabeth Sladen, somewhere between her first guest appearance on the new Doctor Who and the first series of the Sarah Jane Adventures, became an melodramatist that cries at the drop of a hat. She used to be a fantastic actress, and I have no idea what happened to her, but that's gone now.

Either you dislike the show or you're wrong. That's it. I've drawn the line, let's do battle. :p

Sara Jane Adventures - No.

Just... no. No, never, no. The show is silly, the situations are silly, and the whole concept of it is silly, and the fact that it's a kid's show is no excuse. Mr. Smith makes me want to punch babies, and Elisabeth Sladen, somewhere between her first guest appearance on the new Doctor Who and the first series of the Sarah Jane Adventures, became an melodramatist that cries at the drop of a hat. She used to be a fantastic actress, and I have no idea what happened to her, but that's gone now.

Either you dislike the show or you're wrong. That's it. I've drawn the line, let's do battle.

CARRY ON - IM REPORTING U? OK? SO STAY ON TOPIC OR JUST DONT POST IF U DONT LIKE THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD! Do not make statements like the last sentence you made in this thread!!

As for Jack, I must admit that he is pretty badass. Definitely my favourite character - following the Doctor, I mean.

Goooood i envy your thoughts...dr who fans must think alike

... Okay, wow.

1. I was on topic, giving my opinion on the two shows. I will be watching Torchwood, won't be watching SJA. I'm really not going to apologize for what I think about the shows, and I'm very sorry if you disagree with me, but I'm not changing it.

2. The last line was a joke. I'll add a smilie on the end if you'd like me to make that clear.

Now we can get back to topic. I never really got into Torchwood up until recently, so I'm looking to be more learned on the show when the next series comes out. I doubt they can do much wrong with Jack Harkness, but I'll knock on wood just the same. XD

Now, now. None of this, or i'll turn this car right round and no moon trip for either of you.

You know, out of all this i still think they could milk another spinoff out of Doctor Who. Maybe one more serious. Not BSG serious but something in a different realm of believability. I'd be all for it. The thing is, with two other shows in the franchise. They could use all three to shape up any show they want. They make a good springboard. Good times ahead.

Taak I don't know if you realized it but it was you who was doing the attacking here, people have a right to their opinions and Adavardes stated his/hers no need to attack people here. Ok? I have deleted your quite rude post, but will leave the others for now.

Carry on people...

Can we at least agree that neither of them is exactly the best writer in the world...

GL is a perfect example of how writing a story versus a screenplay are two quite different things ;) How many people have taken cracking good stories and destroyed them with their 'treatments' ;)

mtfbwya

Archived