Home

Bebo messages sent into space

SW01

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7660449.stm

A planet 20 lightyears from earth had the misfortune of being chosen to receive 501 messages, photographs and texts from a competition held on Bebo, transmitted in binary form.

It is thought that this planet is likely to be capable of sustaining life, though why they would want mesages from Bebo I can't imagine!:xp:

What do you think about this? And, out of interest, what would you want to send, given the option?

I'd rather it was 501 Bebo users sent up into space but no one said life is fair. I'm thinking any planet receiving this massive spam bomb of teenage relationship angst stories and irrelevant crap ought to start massing an invasion fleet soon.

Personally i'd send them a standard greeting and ask them to take me back to their world, teach them what love is etc. /shatner

Well, if it's 20 million lightyears away, I don't think we'll have to worry in our lifetime. :xp: But seriously, I'd probably send a short history of humanity and maybe some of our 'great accomplishments.' Great accomplishments as is social achievements, not technological, in this case. If another civilization's receiving this, I'd would want them to see some of our advances as a people.

Some Alien will probably be on his computer chatting it up on a nAlien Myspace, and all of a sudden his computer will go insane with a bunch of pictures of Earth will pop-up and he'll be like "what the ****?!"

Then it will crash his computer and cause his girlfriend to break up with him.

This dude then goes crazy and destroys the universe.

Yepp, my theory. Just call me Stephen ****ing Hawkins

Let's just hope the aliens can't translate English.

"Want to please your lady with a little something extra?"

"Bigger is always better, and doubly so when it's within your pants."

"I am a Nigerian prince, looking for a bank account to deposit my funds..."

"Penis growth big time for free?"

Let's start preparing Earth's defense...The women and children will be sent on Mars, and the men will barricade the Moon as a first defense line, and if it falls we must battle on our planet...These aliens must be going crazy, why are they attacking us? :xp:

Alien: No more earth spam!!:lol:

|I|

Indeed - Bebo Wars here we come!:lol:

The thing that struck me was the dopey presumption that any intelligent life would be able to speak English. :xp:

But, if they are anything like me, they'll get an unknown message in their inboxes and delete it!

"So if anybody's out there and they find that signal, they at least know it that, in the direction of that star system over there, there must be a planet with some pretty clever things on it." - Seth Shostak, SETI

:lol:

Topics submitted ranged from the environment, politics and world peace to family relationships and the sender's first kiss.

Politics - not really the best advertisement for earth...

World Peace - "Ooooo...pacifists!" :vsd:

Sender's first kiss - *reaches for spam button*

Archived