Home

RUMOUR: Rogue Squadron Trilogy for Wii

EGM is saying that LucasArts has handed over the Rogue Squadron series to a new developer and that that developer will be creating a Rogue Squadron game for Wii which is an updated version of the Rogue Squadron Trilogy (Rogue Squadron on the Nintendo 64 as well as Rogue Squadron 2 Rogue Leader and Rogue Squadron 3 Rebel Strike for the GameCube) with enhanced visuals and Wii controls.

Sources:

EGM - rumors- What are you waiting for?

Rumor: Enhanced Rogue Squadron trilogy due on Wii - Joystiq

I hope this is VERY true. I'm a big fan of this series and it's what got me to be a member of LucasForums for MANY years... XD

(copied and pasted from here: http://www.twilightlynk.com/forums/t92/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the rumors are on xbox 360 too i hope they release them on HD graphics and online...

They are? That wouldn't make sense, especially if the versions of Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike are a straight port with minor enhancedments as has been suggested. Are you sure it's just not 360 players trying to be optimistic? Like how they always expect all the PS3 exclusives to jump ship?

I sense drama... yes, much drama under the surface...

Anyway, I'd love a port of the RS trilogy to, well, anywhere. I haven't played that game in years. ('Course, that's also because I have a Mac and I've no money to get Boot Camp... and also because I have had barely any time for video games these days. :p)

I think a lot of people here stopped playing Rogue Squadron after Factor 5 didn't release the PC version of Rogue Leader... which is a shame.

Remind me again, was there a PC version of Battle of Naboo?

Well either way, I really hope LucasArts would release the original Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo on Wii VC... and also the Super Star Wars series and Shadows of the Empire and Episode 1 Racer.

So many good Star Wars games that they're not letting us play. Instead they release what? The Force Unleashed?! BAH!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived