Home

Is anyone else so excited for Brutal Legend you can't even listen to Black Sabbath?

Kroms

I wasn't into Black Sabbath before the Brutal Legend trailer, but I've gotten some of the albums since. And they're cool (some cooler than others). So even though I did enjoy a few weeks of listening to them (at first to just soften myself up for Schafer's new game - to get the whole concept; later out of pleasure), I can't do so now.

Why?

I've finally played Psychonauts PROPERLY. (Oh, God, I've drawn so much fanart; how is it that I remember all the characters?) And I now know what Schafer is truly capable of. Because Fandango and Throttle were great, but Psychonauts showed there's more to the man. And now that I visit Brutal the Legendary Fansite and read the previews I get so excited that a little bit of that Sabbath kills me.

I can not be more excited for a game, even the new, unannounced Team ICO one.

Is anyone else suffering from this condition?

(I should add that I listen to most music fine, even metal. But for some reason I can't really listen to Sabbath or Dio without getting hit by a dose of adrenaline.)

Huh?

I'm so excited for Brutal Legend that I can't even listen to Black Sabbath without getting overly-pumped. Am I the only one?

This is actually probably one of the few Tim Schafer games I'm not overly excited for. I do want to play it, as based on Tim Schafer's reputation I'm sure it will be fun. But, the setting is not really my cup of tea.

The first trailer was kind-of disappointing because of all the fighting but when I think about it the concept is pretty awesome; and the passion Tim Schafer's been putting into the project, it just seems to be the best thing to come out in the next two years. It can't go wrong.

This is actually probably one of the few Tim Schafer games I'm not overly excited for. I do want to play it, as based on Tim Schafer's reputation I'm sure it will be fun. But, the setting is not really my cup of tea.

I'd agree with this. I'm not particularly excited about it at the moment, but I think I'll probably change my mind when I actually see it, because of the fact that everything Tim touches turns into Awesome...

TBH I'm more interested in old games than new. I've just been playing Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom -- I love all those 2D historical city building games. I tried the 3D Caeser IV demo but I didn't like it. Too modern for me! (Also my computer fails).

At the moment I'm playing Broken Sword. I got about a third of the way in last time I played it, and then stopped. So I'm playing to finish the story this time. I'm really loving it. The game has so much atmosphere. The puzzles are the only weak point, but most of them are good. They feel more realistic than LucasArts ones.

:( You need to play Psychonauts, Gabez.

I haven't been that excited by a computer game in years. I guess I'm all old and cynical now, but I know, exciting as it will undoubtedly be, it's just a game.

I had that attitude a few years ago but I enjoy games/music/films/books again and nothing can stop me.

Archived