Home

Star Trek (Pic Heavy)

HerbieZ

Okay before i begin. Posts containing (But this is a Star Wars...) will have their owner hung, drawn then quartered.

I simply can not wait for this film. It is looking amazing although slightly like Mass Effect. The blue monitors, the odd glass panels, even the design of Kirks chair all Mass Effect. If you look closely, they are even using Korataki, which is the font used in Mass Effect. This does little to concern me though as i always thought Mass Effect was what Enterprise should have looked like. Anyhoo, all the cast look ace, especially Karl Urban. Ca'nt wait to check out their performances.

For any enthusiasts, interesting thing i have noticed. The Kelvin. I automatically assumed we were looking at it head on. We are not. It is actually going <-- that way. The letters are on the side of the saucer. It's clear when you look at the bridge design, the direction of smoke from the hole near the 'K' and the staggering of the blue pulsed weapons fire. For any diehards.. :) It is a single nacelled ship which has a blue front to it. It's registration is NCC-0514

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

usskelvin1.jpg

new-trekkie-photo.jpg

star_trek_800x340.jpg

star-trek-20081015025340385.jpg

One of Spock throttling Kirk and one of Nero the Romulan.

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2008/bigspock.jpg

/newsimages :tsk:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to say it, but shots 2 & 4 reminded me of the thunderbirds movie.

I've had reservations about this ever since JJ 'lost/alias/MI:3' Abrams was named director, but I really, really, really, really hope I'm proved wrong.

BTW, what's with Simon Pegg's face in pic 2? :D

Interesting pics... But I think they've possibly just dampened my enthusiasm... I don't like that Bridge...

I know it's a reimagining, and even though this ship isn't the Enterprise - the red and white of the original has a special place in my heart (Yes, I love TOS - I don't care what people say about it - without that we wouldn't even have Trek).

Although, my fears over the actors' suitability for their roles has gone - SImon Pegg looks pretty convincing as Scotty, as does Urban as Dr. McCoy.

But is the guy in the black supposed to be Kirk?

Although, my fears over the actors' suitability for their roles has gone - SImon Pegg looks pretty convincing as Scotty, as does Urban as Dr. McCoy.

I agree, but we have to wait until we hear them. I hope they sound right without sounding like they are doing impersonations.

I still wish Paul McGillion was Scotty, though. He would have been perfect.

But is the guy in the black supposed to be Kirk?

Aye, that is Kirk.

Kirk wasn't captain back then.

Well, they are "re-imagining" it... so, basically they are rewriting history. I guess there is no Christopher Pike anymore unless they throw him in as a "cameo" or do something cheesy like make him the villain and pissed at Kirk for getting command of the ship when it should have been his.

Watch, they are going to do that too and make all the fans of the original angry... er, angrier.

The Bridge is all wrong. Like Astor, I don't like it. Everyone's in the wrong places. It looks more like the Motion Picture bridge - which isn't really a ringing endorsement...

The absence of Christopher Pike is disappointing. If I remember the early episodes, he was captain...so they'll just mess it up beyond repair!

Won't be the same without the definitive actors, in my opinion. They should have gone on with the TNG characters, or switched to DS9 or omething like that. LEAVE TOS ALONE!! :carms:

Kirk wasn't captain back then.

I know Kirk wasn't the captain back then - but he is in the film.

The absence of Christopher Pike is disappointing. If I remember the early episodes, he was captain...so they'll just mess it up beyond repair!

Pike is in it, so i've heard. And he was only the Captain in the Pilot episode - by the time of Menagerie he was driving around in a coffee machine.

But what about April? Why is he never mentioned?

I agree, but we have to wait until we hear them. I hope they sound right without sounding like they are doing impersonations.

"Damn green-blooded Vulcan" is all we needs to hear in that respect... :)

I'll certainly give it a chance - i'm hoping that it'll be just what Star Trek needs - an injection of fresh blood - and, thinking about it, the bridge doesn't look too bad...

After all, people were upset with DS9 at first, and I grew to love that - Same with Enterprise - crap to begin with but great towards the end.

It might even spawn a new series if popular enough, I guess.

Why is Spock throttling Kirk? I must know!

It's not Spock. It's Sylar in disguise. :D

As for the movie, even though the new faces don't thrill me too much, I'd still like to see it. Who knows, perhaps it'll be interesting. At least the costumes have been drastically improved.

What bugs me is why they never made a movie starring the Voyager crew. IMO, Voyager was the best series in the franchise. Heck, here's an idea - what about a movie featuring the USS Incursion (those people who played Star Trek Away Team know what I'm talking about), that might be interesting to see, providing a good cast can be found.

Archived