Home

After 5 years...

urluckyday

Hey guys,

Well, I'd be the first to admit that I've never been a fan of Galaxies (be it the bad reviews, bad feedback about changes, not really a fun demo, etc.), but I've never really played the full game. The game is celebrating its 5 year anniversary, and I'm just wondering how the game is progressing.

Has the game turned into more of a war between rebels and imperials, or do people just do their own things? I mean, that was my main draw to the game when I first saw it so many years ago...I wanted it to be like a galactic war between the rebels and the empire...

Has anything important changed recently? I'd def. consider getting into it if there were enough people left playing and the game has continued to progress and mature to a more fun experience...

Thanks and as always MTFBWY

What I would do if I were you.....I would wait til Tuesday the 21st, around 5pm eastern time is when Bioware/LA officially announce their new game. Now if it turns out to be a MMO, I would forget Galaxies and follow the Bioware game. If it's not a MMO and you still want to play one [or if you don't want to wait for the Bioware MMO to go live], then maybe Galaxies might be worth playing a little while.

Well, I'd be the first to admit that I've never been a fan of Galaxies (be it the bad reviews, bad feedback about changes, not really a fun demo, etc.),

But just quickly judging by your comments, I have a feeling you won't enjoy it. Who knows though, the demo is only a sample and not much of the game really happens in the low levels. Might be worth checking out for a month and see how it goes. It's all about the server you get on - get on Starsider, or Bria, or Chilastra. I used to play on Starsider, so yeah I'm a little biased. :D I think a lot of the active players on this forum play there too.

They actually haven't put out any official number for quite a long time - not that I blame them. So anything you heard recently is mostly rumor, nobody knows for sure. I can say this - there aren't complaints left and right on the official forums about the lack of people playing the game because the servers are full. People have been going on for years about wanting server mergers and come next year, they will get free server transfers. My gut tells me there will be mergers after the transfers.

I have an interesting question.. if they merge servers, and you have two characters on each of the servers that are getting merged... What happens to the characters? On top of that... what happens if all your 8 characters end up being on servers that are merged with a larger server...

Or will they just change the rules so that you can have 8 toons regardless of server

• 2 weeks later...

No server mergers have been announced. And if mergers do occur, you can bet it won't close too many because of the lot management involved; so, no, all eight characters won't end up on one server. Even with the free character transfer, the two character-limit per server will still be enforced.

Archived