Home

Dead Space

Lightsaberboy

^How exactly is Mass Effect more violent than TESIV:Oblivion?

I think the more awesomer question is how Viva Pinata is as violent as Oblivion. Also, you can go ahead and rip apart my entire post due to one mistake, I spent too long thinking through that list, and when I got down to 3/10 to 1/10 it was hard to think of games.

Anyway, if their definition of scary is just excruciating and gruesome violence, they need to rethink their concepts and go play some Silent Hill. What do you say, TiE? Is that all the game has to offer?

Go read some reviews of it. It's got Doom 3 (BOO!) and FEAR (oh my god who is that?!) style scares, but with more ominous "what the **** happened here". No super natural stuff, all gross and scary alien scares that rip you in half.

Did you read any of our quotes? That's pretty much what happened, except we couldn't really do anything about it without fear of getting our asses kicked until around 16 and up or so.
I wasn't saying that 10 yearolds should be allowed to play M-rated games, I was going for 15 yearolds should be allowed to play M-rated games. I was just stating my case because I was an anomaly.

Not everyone had parents that raised us on Doom. Christ, I didn't play doom until I was what, 15? It's not always as easy as just saying "I'm getting this game nuts to you if you don't like it."

Forgive me for not understanding your situation. It's just that the fact that every kid with an Xbox had Halo before they were 14 in "my day" just lead me to believe that most parents didn't pay attention to what games their kids played. I do remember my dad getting yelled at by my mom when she found out he was letting me played RTCW, kinda funny when I think back about it. : P

Edit: Oh, and how Gametrailers made mistakes in their video review was pretty much true. Where they say that there needs to be a health kit quick button... it's funny because it's X, it's a freakin' face button. Big mistake, har har.

Go read some reviews of it. It's got Doom 3 (BOO!) and FEAR (oh my god who is that?!) style scares, but with more ominous "what the **** happened here". No super natural stuff, all gross and scary alien scares that rip you in half.

I have, but they seem to resume to the "scariest game ever of the week" argument. Well, at least it seems like a good shooter and action game with the gruesome enemies.

I have, but they seem to resume to the "scariest game ever of the week" argument. Well, at least it seems like a good shooter and action game with the gruesome enemies.

It's about as scary as Resident Evil 4. There, and it's pretty much the same game but you can move around (albeit slowly) when aiming and shooting.

Wow, am I the only one besides Grooves who actually got this game? It's teh good. I wasn't able to play today, but I did play two more solid hours yesterday, some great stuff. Fought against the first two "Brutes" which are basically the equivalent of Berserkers from Gears of War. And ran into the first real boss... which was freaky because you fight the guy like 5 separate times as he's chasing you around the ship... and he's practically invincible until a certain point, making things incredibly intense. Oh, and I'm starting to die more often, it's got a good difficulty curve so far. Oh, and this boss? He has a kill move that essentially impales you... twice, then pulls off your legs and arms one by one, then your head, and I'm pretty sure rips you in two...

I started the 6th chapter and then stopped.

But really, if you're a fan of RE4, you'll love this game. Comparing it to other games like Doom and Bioshock and etc doesn't make that much sense because it's basically a sci-fi RE4. Aliens instead of Zombies... but they are technically alien zombies a-la the Flood. :V

My friend bought this when he came over to my house. I didn't play it, but I watched him play through to the 2nd chapter, and I must say that this game has some of the most intense **** I've ever seen.

Since I'm saving my money, I'll probably only end up renting it. Don't get me wrong though, this game is fantastic.

My friend bought this when he came over to my house. I didn't play it, but I watched him play through to the 2nd chapter, and I must say that this game has some of the most intense **** I've ever seen.

Since I'm saving my money, I'll probably only end up renting it. Don't get me wrong though, this game is fantastic.

If you make sure you get it done in the 5 or whatever days that are in the rental, definitely get this sucka... now for the other games... FarCry 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3...

And don't forget GH:WT and Gears of War 2.

God damnit, why do all the good games have to come out at the same time D:

Like GH3 I'm not going to feed those bastards at Actvision my monies. :V

Also, I could care less about GoW2 personally. Great games, but I don't need it, hurr... :V

Rented it. Didn't go much farther than the tram area on chapter 3, though. And I pretty much agree with what TiE said so far. The game certainly tries much harder than RE4 to be scary, but it's less successful for some reason. It might just be me, but all the "monster: booh" parts are predictable.

But it's a fun and very competent actions game, just as it's "counterpart" RE4. It incorporates all the must-haves components of today's action/shooter games, such as a gravity weapon and a little beyond (found the 'delaying burst' to be a good idea). The graphics are awesome as everyone may see, and the story is developíng, although it still sounds like a plot taken from a Doom game.

Enjoying it so far.

Archived