Home

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, good. Now it's the "Paul was a False Apostle" argument.

Um, that's not what I said at all. Please stop trying to put words in my mouth - especially stupid ones.

Paul was a good apostle. He wasn't perfect. He didn't know everything.

I take it you do not believe the Bible is actually Divinely Inspired?

I believe that the apostle Paul was trying to spread the faith in his own way.

I believe that the passages that have quotation marks attributed to Jesus Christ are divine words.

But divine inspiration? No.

No, it doesn't. Why is it a problem that the Bible does not condemn slavery?

Because it's immoral, maybe? Perhaps you should take an ethics 101 class.

_EW_

Right. I should let another...human teach me my ethics.

FYI, the Bible was written by humans. So you're getting your ethics from humans no matter what.

Also, I wouldn't say the Entire World condemns slavery. We didn't exactly have it for the better part of six thousand years because it was universally condemned.

The entire world today has come a very long way with regards to how people treat each other. The fact of the matter is, slavery is immoral and completely and utterly wrong. Yet the Bible says it's okay.

I believe the Bible was Divinely Inspired. Sort of the hallmark of a believer, that the Bible is more than just a book.

You say it's wrong. The populace says it's horrific. So, basically...what the mob says, gos.

From my perspective, the fact that the Bible doesn't condemn it doesn't surprise me in the slightest degree, given that it states that we're either the slaves of Satan or God, or, to quote Matthew,

"Come to me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest. Place my yoke on you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest for your souls, because my yoke is pleasant, and my burden is light."
(International Standard Version. The other translations are pretty much the same.)

We bear a yoke no matter what.

Archived