Home

Revan's Fate

Jason Skywalker

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Jason here. Revan become an iconic figure in the Star Wars Universe and the game developers just threw it all away to create some brand new, advanced, young game.

KOTOR was the greatest game I ever played, but this WILL NOT be of interest to me unless they push back the timeline from 300 years to <25. If this means that KOTOR meant nothing in the grand scheme of things, then I have no interest in ANY of it.

Revan and the Exile, along with all they have accomplished would be tainted.

DON'T MAKE IT TAKE PLACE 300 YEARS TOO LATE!!!!

I also agree with Darth_Yuthura. Kotor was my favorite game and it had just a great storyline, awesome charcters and a different persective for Star Wars.

I doubt I'll get the game.

Has no one heard of cryogenics? I think that might be one of the few possible theories if Revan is somehow still alive after three centuries.

Something else from the official site:

Will I see any characters from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic?

Given that it is approximately 300 years since the events of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, many of the characters have passed away. However, their legacy does live on as many of their descendants will be part of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Some droids can last a long time as well.

Our only hope: HK-47 makes a comeback. :D

Totally. They majorly screwed this up and I'm sure alot of loyal fans to Kotor are extreme disapointed and frustrated.

Its impossible to make everyone happy.

From what the conference has said so far, it looks to be a GW style set up with Single Player storyline mixed into a multiple player world.

You get both while getting neither.

And there I was thinking that LA would do the sensible thing and finish the trilogy properly...

So, instead we're catapulted 3 centuries forward, when Revan, the Exile, and everyone that ever travelled with them is dead. Any attempt to explain their ends is going to seem, to me anyway, highly contrived.

As for this 'Emperor', I fail to see how he could be realistically related, with any proximity, to our beloved Revan and/or Exile. They would have to be very distant ancestors, anyway.

I've got to think BioWare will do something in TOR to provide us the opportunity to learn something of Revan's ultimate fate.

Seems like that puts the kabosh on the story of the Exile as well. Sorry Obsidian. At least BioWare and LucasArts used your "True Sith" idea. :)

Has no one heard of cryogenics? I think that might be one of the few possible theories if Revan is somehow still alive after three centuries.

Something else from the official site:

Our only hope: HK-47 makes a comeback. :D

Correct. For those that recall, he survives another 4,000 years and counting into SWG.

EDIT: Wrong, Avery. It was EaW: FoC :p

Well, maybe not T3, considering HK would've recovered his memory or something, and remembered something unpleasant, and blasted the little astromech's memory core out.

/positive thinking

The new Emperor could be Jedi Exile's and Revan's offspring.

Great a person who was borne to two light side Jedi (against the code) with Revan (Light side male is canonical) being close to Yoda in Midichlorian count and The Jedi Exile (Light side female) who is powerless, but cyphons power from other Force users, Revan.

Assuming Revan was happy to see the Exile after trying to kill her at Malachor V for disloyalty, Revan would have to betray Bastila to have the offspring with the Exile.

Yes, I know you were joking, but still.

I haven't seen a mention of the Jedi Exile. I wonder if they cut her out of the story. We will have to wait and see.

That's true! But since she is part of the Official Star Wars lore for the Expanded Universe, they can't, just forget she ever existed either. Although, I noticed that they seemed to get rid of Obsidian's Jedi robe concept that looked more like the Prequels.

Have you seen the oversized lightsabers for The Old Republic? They look like a club. But, the fact that they clip to your belt is cool. Look at the screenshots on IGN, you'll see what I mean. That sure beats constantly holding your lightsaber in your hand when you are having a casual conversation or playing Pazaak.

True Sith Empire Story

The true origins of the Sith remain shrouded in mystery. The Sith race was, in fact, largely unimportant until three thousand years ago, when Dark Jedi exiles arrived on Korriban and subjugated the Sith beneath their rule and their philosophy.

As the years passed, the Dark Jedi intermarried with those they ruled, and within generations, the word “Sith” took on new meaning. This powerful new civilization began expanding rapidly, led by a growing population of ambitious dark Force-users. Fifteen hundred years ago, the Sith civilization’s boundaries reached the Republic, and the Great Hyperspace War began.

Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow led his armies in an aggressive campaign to destroy the Galactic Republic. Though the Sith were successful at first, the Jedi Order rallied back to defeat their dark counterparts, systematically destroying the Sith civilization on Korriban.

Unbeknownst to the Jedi however, the last Emperor of the Sith managed to escape the carnage and fled into Deep Space with his most trusted Dark Lords.

These surviving Sith began rebuilding their society on a distant planet, hoping to one-day return for revenge.

Over the course of the next thousand years, the Sith Empire recovered its strength. The Emperor developed a massive Imperial military, a fleet of advanced warships, and undertook dark rituals which prolonged his life and his undisputed rule.

When the time for vengeance arrived, the Sith began infiltrating star systems in the Outer Rim, sowing seeds of discord and making secret deals with local criminals and warlords. With all the pieces perfectly in place, the Sith launched an enormous offensive which caught the Jedi completely off-guard. In the first wave alone, the Sith succeeded in seizing control of several star systems in the Outer Rim, destroying the Republic’s shipyards in the Sluis sector, and strangling the popular Rimma Trade Route.

After the initial crush, the Emperor’s brilliant strategies continued and the brutal force of the Imperial military slammed the Republic time and time again, from the deep sinkholes of Utapau to the tall forests of Agamar. Though it seemed the Empire was capable of waging war indefinitely, the Emperor surprised the Republic yet again.

While the Emperor’s Dark Council engaged Republic leaders in peace talks, several Sith Lords and an elite Imperial army sacked the Republic’s capital planet.

Destroying the Jedi Temple and holding the planet hostage, the Sith left Republic leaders no choice but to surrender several outlying star systems by signing the Treaty of Coruscant.

Since the treaty, the Emperor has withdrawn to pursue his own mysterious goals, deferring control to the Dark Council, and setting the stage for a brutal power struggle. In the political vacuum, the strongest and most cunning Sith and Imperial leaders are rising up to assume authority, consolidate the Empire’s dominion and crush its enemies.

Holy Henna! BioWare went by the Star Wars Databank.

Over the course of the next thousand years, the Sith Empire recovered its strength. The Emperor developed a massive Imperial military, a fleet of advanced warships, and undertook dark rituals which prolonged his life and his undisputed rule.
Revan?

Have you seen the oversized lightsabers for The Old Republic? They look like a club. But, the fact that they clip to your belt is cool. Look at the screenshots on IGN, you'll see what I mean. That sure beats constantly holding your lightsaber in your hand when you are having a casual conversation or playing Pazaak.
I saw them. There is a screenshot where the lightsaber is extremely massive.

Massive Lightsaber Image

Archived