Home

Revan's Fate

Jason Skywalker

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is this game so cartoony? Can someone explain, PLEASE?
BioWare is borrowing from the World of Warcraft style of characters. Lucas has done this a few times before. Gallactic Battlesgrounds was borrowed from Microsoft's Age of Empires. The cartoony style is a mimic of War of Warcraft and Diablo III. I hope they thin out some stuff. The final game will look very close to how it is now.

BioWare is borrowing from the World of Warcraft style of characters. Lucas has done this a few times before. Gallactic Battlesgrounds was borrowed from Microsoft's Age of Empires. The cartoony style is a mimic of War of Warcraft and Diablo III. I hope they thin out some stuff. The final game will look very close to how it is now.

Personally I only have a major problem with the Light Sabers. The trimmed down graphics are designed to be friendly to a large variety of computers, so I can understand why they did it.

Matrix Online has beautiful graphics, but due to them the community suffered a lot of lag and system problems.

But, these pictures are still pre-alpha. The look will evolve and change over time I'm guessing.

It is disappointing they wont be trying for an actual Kotor look though...

I don't think the game looks cartoony at all, definitely not like World of Warcraft and Diablo 3 does not look cartoony.

Example: http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/ss/SS_20081021_TombLightsaberDuel_full.jpg

It is disappointing they wont be trying for an actual Kotor look though...
I was wondering if the singleplayer games will remain close in style; thus, the online game will have its own seperate allure. I'm sure your right. This game still has some more roads to head down. We may endup getting a KotOR III in the future; however, it will be close to the style of the first two. Who really can tell? Anything is possible.

I don't think the game looks cartoony at all, definitely not like World of Warcraft and Diablo 3 does not look cartoony.

Example: http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/ss/SS_20081021_TombLightsaberDuel_full.jpg

It has to be those lightsabers and big hands. We will have to see how things progress from here.

I figured it out. The Sith Lords had less color tones and values. Everything in the second game seemed dark and muted. Kind of grungy. The Old Republic has brighter colors and a larger pallette. Light sources also seem to be brighter. Everything seems more polished and clean. Some things remind me of the first game; however, the color pallete has been opened up. People got use to The Sith Lords color tones; therefore, the second game's experience should have made you feel dark and helpless. The Old Republic will feel more epic and upbeat in some locations, and more darker and cold in other locations. BioWare is playing on color and their symbolic moods.

It looks like the borrowed the style of lightsabers from TemporaryTomato.

OT:

I don't mind the thought of Revan and The Exile getting pwned by the True Sith, since it makes sense Sith would end up returning anyway but the story of Revan is my(the players) story. I would of liked to seen it through to it's conclusion. I also would like to think Revan almost succeeded in defeating the Sith but in the end was overwhelmed. Martyrdom Baby! :xp:

I posted this elsewhere.

Revan is the New Emperor. All the bits fit. He was planning on destroying the Republic all along, the sneaky bastard.

You're right I found an artist concept of the new Revan!

******SPOILER********

******SPOILER********

******SPOILER********

REVAN

austin_powers_mike_myers_as_dr_evil.jpg

Hm? Revan's dead? Proof please.

By the way, I've heard from a fanboy who said Revan is still alive in the Galactic Empire era :D

300 years...that man has some wrinkles then :hor:

Anyways, I had a night to think about this. Revan's fate can actually turn out to be epically cool!

Imagine this:

-According to Kreia, the True Sith were already rebuilding

-They swiped Corruscant. Capital of the Republic

-It took them 300 years to find the Republic. But according to Kreia, they were already there...

So what....if Revan, the Exile, HK (we KNOW he joined the Sith, check the background in the interview) fought a Guerilla war there. Weakened the Sith infrastructure. Raids...try to postpone the inevitable, trying to save the Republic from invasion.

I can totally imagine it: Revan single handedly wiping out a communications facility, The Exile entering from the other side, eliminating several Sith....

I see great comic/book/game? Potential here!

Revan simply is dead or is the sith emperor. Him being the emperor actually makes a tiny bit a of sense. On the website it says the emperor is actually like 1000 years old and more importantly in the war against the republic it states he used brilliant tactics:

Over the course of the next thousand years, the Sith Empire recovered its strength. The Emperor developed a massive Imperial military, a fleet of advanced warships, and undertook dark rituals which prolonged his life and his undisputed rule.

When the time for vengeance arrived, the Sith began infiltrating star systems in the Outer Rim, sowing seeds of discord and making secret deals with local criminals and warlords. With all the pieces perfectly in place, the Sith launched an enormous offensive which caught the Jedi completely off-guard. In the first wave alone, the Sith succeeded in seizing control of several star systems in the Outer Rim, destroying the Republic’s shipyards in the Sluis sector, and strangling the popular Rimma Trade Route.

After the initial crush, the Emperor’s brilliant strategies continued and the brutal force of the Imperial military slammed the Republic time and time again, from the deep sinkholes of Utapau to the tall forests of Agamar. Though it seemed the Empire was capable of waging war indefinitely, the Emperor surprised the Republic yet again.

I don't think Revan has the monopoly on brilliant military tactics.

And it will be disappointing to see him turn Sith again after all he has been through in Kotor. The options that he's offspring of Revan is acceptable, but Revan himself? No.

I've had enough of insanely old Sith with Krayt..

Quote:

300 years after KOTOR II

4:27

Scooter: uneasy truce between Rebpulic and Sith Empire

4:27

Scooter: two jedi found the sith, got turned, and founded Sith empire, essentially

2 jedi? maybe revan and exile?

can you give me the source for that? i saw that live blog by that guy on VG247.com, but i cant find that little bit about those two sith!

it would stink for me if the emperor was revan... and if he(/she-?) is a descendant of revan... well, unless bastila went off and found revan or something. i kinda thought the emperor would be one of the dark lords from pre-k1 era. but who knows? anything is possible... "always in motion, the future is..." (well, in our brains, anyway :xp:)

i dont really like the cartooniness of the concept art either.. but if the story is crazy epic like they say it will be, ill look over it!

but they seriously need to fix those lightsabers... the hilts alone look like they could clobber someone to death.... *duel sounds of lightsabers* *vmm vmm KSSSCHK! vmm KSSCK! vmm vmm vmmm....* *clonk.* *die*

or

Guy:"hey, cool dumbbells ya got there!"

Jedi Guy:"oh these? theyre lightsabers."

Guy: :eek:

maybe there'll be a new saber combat style: Form VIII/Ishi - the way of the rock.

It seems highly unlikely that Revan is the Sith Emperor.

Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow led his armies in an aggressive campaign to destroy the Galactic Republic. Though the Sith were successful at first, the Jedi Order rallied back to defeat their dark counterparts, systematically destroying the Sith civilization on Korriban.

Unbeknownst to the Jedi however, the last Emperor of the Sith managed to escape the carnage and fled into Deep Space with his most trusted Dark Lords.

And he extends his life, apparently. It looks more likely that Revan fell before him.

can you give me the source for that? i saw that live blog by that guy on VG247.com, but i cant find that little bit about those two sith!

it would stink for me if the emperor was revan... and if he(/she-?) is a descendant of revan... well, unless bastila went off and found revan or something. i kinda thought the emperor would be one of the dark lords from pre-k1 era. but who knows? anything is possible... "always in motion, the future is..." (well, in our brains, anyway :xp:)

i dont really like the cartooniness of the concept art either.. but if the story is crazy epic like they say it will be, ill look over it!

but they seriously need to fix those lightsabers... the hilts alone look like they could clobber someone to death.... *duel sounds of lightsabers* *vmm vmm KSSSCHK! vmm KSSCK! vmm vmm vmmm....* *clonk.* *die*

or

Guy:"hey, cool dumbbells ya got there!"

Jedi Guy:"oh these? theyre lightsabers."

Guy: :eek:

maybe there'll be a new saber combat style: Form VIII/Ishi - the way of the rock.

Yeah, forget dueling with lightsabers. Just run around hitting people upside the head with the hilts. The whole server will be nothing but cheapshots. Jedi running around clobbering people over the head.

Can anyone say bar fight?

Revan is the New Emperor. All the bits fit. He was planning on destroying the Republic all along, the sneaky bastard.

actually reading that Sith Empire description again, there's no way the Emperor could be Revan (unless someone messed up, lol), since the Sith Emperor was alive before Revan's "Sith" Empire was even formed.

Still, Revan could be that unknown Sith Lord carbon frozen with Sith Troopers in some undisclosed location from the end of Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, lolz. 'Course he'd have to fall to the Dark side...again...

So what....if Revan, the Exile, HK (we KNOW he joined the Sith, check the background in the interview) fought a Guerilla war there. Weakened the Sith infrastructure. Raids...try to postpone the inevitable, trying to save the Republic from invasion.

I can totally imagine it: Revan single handedly wiping out a communications facility, The Exile entering from the other side, eliminating several Sith....

I see great comic/book/game? Potential here!

see, that's what I mean...what would not be awesome if that was KotOR III? Sure, we know they failed to stop the Sith, but it would still be epic!

Couldn't the much simpler answer have been that Kreia Lied about everything, (including just inventing the existence of the "True Sith") to scare the exile, kill the force, etc.?

Would've made things much easier to come up with, IMO :D.

I'm kinda doubting it though, it does sound like they're really real (and in known space) now....

• 1 month later...

Archived