Home

Revan's Fate

Jason Skywalker

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ideal fate of Revan would be trying to fight some sort guerrilla war against the so-called "True Sith" with the Exile and their companions. Of course, 22 people can't defeat an Empire, so they would get picked off one by one until only Revan and Exile are left. They manage to kill most of the major True Sith leaders, but the strain of everything that happened drove Revan insane, and she attempts to become the leader of the Sith again.

The Exile, who is still relatively sane, kills Revan to stop her plans and is subsequently mowed down by a horde of Sith minions. The Republic and the Jedi (who are being rebuilt by Atris or someone else, if Atris doesn't return from exile) never know what happened to them. Life isn't fair sometimes.

Yeah, 'cause getting captured, mindwiped and having his plans fall into total disarray is such an obvious sign of winning. >_>

Allow me to extrapolate on Avery's behalf.

Revan always won, no matter what, except in instances when his/her setbacks could clearly be milked for pro-Revan propaganda by the fans.

The ideal fate of Revan would be trying to fight some sort guerrilla war against the so-called "True Sith" with the Exile and their companions. Of course, 22 people can't defeat an Empire, so they would get picked off one by one until only Revan and Exile are left. They manage to kill most of the major True Sith leaders, but the strain of everything that happened drove Revan insane, and she [he] attempts to become the leader of the Sith again.

The Exile, who is still relatively sane, kills Revan to stop her [his] plans and is subsequently mowed down by a horde of Sith minions. The Republic and the Jedi (who are being rebuilt by Atris or someone else, if Atris doesn't return from exile) never know what happened to them. Life isn't fair sometimes.

Allow me to extrapolate on Avery's behalf.

Revan always won, no matter what, except in instances when his/her [his] setbacks could clearly be milked for pro-Revan propaganda by the fans.

Revan is light side male, the Exile is light side female, canonically speaking, and they never took their companions with them. They, purposely, left them behind because it was too dangerous. Plus, the Sith Emperor is one thousand years old by the time The Old Republic takes place, which makes him only seven hundred during the time Revan and the Exile would be fighting them.

I think that the guerrilla effort was them trying to sew dissent among loyal Imperials. That way, they can weaken the Sith Empire and gain allies, in the process, the expendable kind. This gives them an army without any emotional connections to their forces, which is why they left everyone else in known space to begin with. It will make it easier for them to take on the dark side without falling victim to it themselves.

Who knows, they might even hire some Mandalorians, since they are in the Unknown Regions to begin with.

Revan is light side male, the Exile is light side female, canonically speaking

I was speaking in regards to what I consider to be the ideal canonical outcome of the conflict in question. My slight deviation from the canon view of Revan is just another part of said outcome.

they never took their companions with them.

That doesn't mean they wouldn't follow the two into the Unknown Regions.

HK-47 isn't dead yet.

But there are hundreds of HK-74 (assault rifle analogy pun intended) and perhaps newer models like HK-107 running around the galaxy.

Have you seen the oversized lightsabers for The Old Republic? They look like a club. But, the fact that they clip to your belt is cool. Look at the screenshots on IGN, you'll see what I mean. That sure beats constantly holding your lightsaber in your hand when you are having a casual conversation or playing Pazaak.

True masters sheathe lightsaber into a scabbard without cutting it :xp: An ignited lightsaber in a semi-transparent scabbard (skin/holster) looks awesome :D

I saw them. There is a screenshot where the lightsaber is extremely massive.

Massive Lightsaber Image

This is The Old Republic times after all. The technology was not yet that advanced and lightsaber batteries were huge.

Revan always won, no matter what, except in instances when his/her setbacks could clearly be milked for pro-Revan propaganda by the fans.

Not sure I understand. What advantage could there have been to getting captured by the Jedi, mindwiped, and presumed dead by the galaxy at large? Revan failed to accurately peg Malak's resourcefulness (or at least all the factors in the battle), and screwed up.

True masters sheathe lightsaber into a scabbard without cutting it :xp: An ignited lightsaber in a semi-transparent scabbard (skin/holster) looks awesome :D

ROFL :D

This is The Old Republic times after all. The technology was not yet that advanced and lightsaber batteries were huge.

More elaborate not big, Lightsaber technology is well known and detailed throughout all the chronology, and lightsabers have been without the need of an external or bulky battery for well over 1000 years at this point.

Thrawn says hello

Yes, IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

To all fanboys; this is YOUR logic!

SITH EMPEROR IS THRAWN! He uses military tactics, so he is Thrawn! He time travelled back using a Delorean and Michael J. Fox is Luke Skywalker!

[/sarcasm]

Seriously. Revan is dead as a doormat. Bioware wants him dead, we want him dead. Only fanboys want him alive so the can camp around him in roleplaying servers (those servers are SCARY in WoW! ).

Not sure I understand. What advantage could there have been to getting captured by the Jedi, mindwiped, and presumed dead by the galaxy at large? Revan failed to accurately peg Malak's resourcefulness (or at least all the factors in the battle), and screwed up.

Revan losing in that instance is what I was referring to when I stated the exception to the rule. According to my extrapolation, Revan's defeat there served as "pro-Revan propaganda", often being used to label Malak as cowardly and afraid of Revan.

If that doesn't make any sense, then keep in mind that I was translating/extrapolating what Avery said, not necessarily stating my own opinion.

Archived