Home

Is TOR as good as KOTOR III?

Darth_Yuthura

Is TOR as satisfying to people as KOTOR III?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Is TOR as satisfying to people as KOTOR III?

• It's an ending and I'm glad that they will continue from TSL.
    • Being 300 years too late killed the story.
    • Couldn't care less. The gameplay is what matters.
    • There's absolutely no way to know until TOR actually comes out.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i know... we want kotor 3 why the hell they dont hear the fans!!! gosh they should stop thinking of money money and money.

I'm gonna guess that it wasn't the money they were worried about since it is a Star Wars game and they know that a certain percentage of people will buy it just because it has star wars on the label.

But with all the new game and video graphics, they probably wanted to make something new, advanced and young. Which is BS! Since it should be about the graphics, but the story.

That's the world for you! Greedy Jerks!

I think that such a huge gap makes the story of TSL a little...remote. It seems more of a new era than a continuation of the last in that respect. That in itself is not an altogether bad thing, but I personally would have preferred the outstanding era to be resolved first.

Here is the catch -

4:38 Scooter: "most MMOs have background, and the people you MEET have a story, but YOU don't have a story"
Revan and Exile had a story that included the player character's participation. We no longer have this element.

Actually we do, they were saying that is typical in most MMOs, but in this one you will have an individual story.

It just doesn't work as well with 2189470128410948112034 "the ones" running amok begging for "1337 1007" and "sabverz."

I'm going off to weep.

The good conclusion would have been an offline one. It could be set 500 ABY and still call it a direct sequel to the TSL as long as it stayed SP for me.

Actually we do, they were saying that is typical in most MMOs, but in this one you will have an individual story.

Yeah, as a trader or farmer maybe. Perhaps a fighter pilot at best. I can't really think of players getting any significant role on such a world.

I think that TSL was just ended with a conflict so great that they couldn't come up with a dramatic conclusion for it. Odds are that they were interested in selling a third installment that they tried to make the best cliffhanger they could for TSL.

This was clearly meant for the KOTOR fans, but is not a conclusion for the cliffhanger they left from TSL. This is the WORST way they could have continued the franchise. At least before, the ending was open to the imagination. Now it's carved in stone that KOTOR III was never going to be.

This is an abomination that killed KOTOR!

I think that TSL was just ended with a conflict so great that they couldn't come up with a dramatic conclusion for it. Odds are that they were interested in selling a third installment that they tried to make the best cliffhanger they could for TSL.

I refuse to believe they couldn't come up with a decent ending for that cliffhanger. They're more likely exploiting the gold mine that the starved KotOR fans have become while we're still dry.

Is TOR better than Kotor 3? That's like asking 'is the Chateau Lafite 2066 wine better than the Chateau Margaux 2075?'. We can hardly compare without having both. :)
Judging the second wine requires tasting and experiencing both. Very articulate. :)

Is TOR better than Kotor 3? That's like asking 'is the Chateau Lafite 2066 wine better than the Chateau Margaux 2075?'. We can hardly compare without having both. :)

That wasn't the question I posted. The majority of fans looking forward to this game were KOTOR fans and wanted KOTOR III. Instead, they got... this.

It is NOT what Lucasarts had advertised it to be. Who had been waiting for something that they did not know exist?

Who here have been waiting for TOR? I most certainly wasn't!

If I hadn't started playing Guild Wars and got a good MMO experience from that, I'd probably be unhappy about this being an MMO instead of a SP RPG. However, with the MMO experience under my belt, I'm a lot more receptive to the idea of a Kotor MMO, so I am actually looking forward to this game quite a bit.

I sure hope they have family pricing, because I bet the entire family will want to play. :lol:

Lucasarts was referring to the 5-year wait for KOTOR III. There was NOTHING indicating something other than KOTOR and I would not imagine anyone who were waiting for the third installment would have wanted this. This is a new thing, yet it was portrayed as a continuation of the KOTOR franchise.

Lucasarts is abandoning KOTOR and saying this is what the fans have been wanting for five years... it's not.

Archived