Home

Is TOR as good as KOTOR III?

Darth_Yuthura

Is TOR as satisfying to people as KOTOR III?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Is TOR as satisfying to people as KOTOR III?

• It's an ending and I'm glad that they will continue from TSL.
    • Being 300 years too late killed the story.
    • Couldn't care less. The gameplay is what matters.
    • There's absolutely no way to know until TOR actually comes out.

Yeah, but "I'm going to talk to you to death The Video Game" is a very uninteresting Star Wars game.

It's even in the name - Star Wars. A Star Wars game without some combat isn't going to go very far. It's built on lightsaber duels and space battles.

Yes, maybe our all mighty man god jesus thor savior super saiyan Jedi Revan isn't there to fix the problems for the Republic... But aren't you tired of the Mary Sue fixing all the problems? There is in fact Republic before and after Revan. Revan isn't there for 25,000 years to keep the Republic safe.

QFE.

So, all I can assume is that the majority of the complaints are stemming from the fact we can't be our favorite mighty man god jesus thor savior super saiyan Jedi.

I'd say that's pretty likely. 300 years later, there's barely a chance of seeing, or being Revan.

I suppose I was hoping that enough people would display their discontent for the plot's timeline that Lucasarts would be forced to change it. It may seem like a vague hope, but if enough people made it clear that they wouldn't buy TOR unless the timeline were changed, Lucasarts would have to do it.

Somehow, I don't think Lucasarts are going to change an entire game that's already in development because 60 people don't like it.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look at the kotor3 vs TOR as apples to oranges.

Kotor3 is a sequel to kotor1 and kotor2.

TOR is a new story which is grounded by the events in kotor1-2.

I was not big into the idea of a mmo type of game but if they can pull off the story in this game then they will be successful.

I like the idea of putting TOR 300 years after kotor. This allows the writers a large amount of freedom which is what I feel hurts Galaxy. In TOR you don't know the ending of the story or what will be waiting for you around the next bend in the story. :)

TOR will be a game as big as all 6 star wars episodes. I do believe we will hear about Revan and the Jedi Exile in the game. Kotor1-2 will connect with TOR in a way that the Clone war connected with Episodes 4-6, as a back drop.

I will make a prediction that what ever the Sith Emperor is looking for will be connected to what happen to Revan. Revan might show up as a force ghost or his holocron will be found during the adventure.

Logan

I look at the kotor3 vs TOR as apples to oranges.

Kotor3 is a sequel to kotor1 and kotor2.

TOR is a new story which is grounded by the events in kotor1-2.

I was not big into the idea of a mmo type of game but if they can pull off the story in this game then they will be successful.

I like the idea of putting TOR 300 years after kotor. This allows the writers a large amount of freedom which is what I feel hurts Galaxy. In TOR you don't know the ending of the story or what will be waiting for you around the next bend in the story. :)

TOR will be a game as big as all 6 star wars episodes. I do believe we will hear about Revan and the Jedi Exile in the game. Kotor1-2 will connect with TOR in a way that the Clone war connected with Episodes 4-6, as a back drop.

I will make a prediction that what ever the Sith Emperor is looking for will be connected to what happen to Revan. Revan might show up as a force ghost or his holocron will be found during the adventure.

Logan

They ruined the storyline based on the following logic

The Old Republic's story does answer a few questions that we had at the end of TSL. We don't know for sure but based of the evidence presented in BioWare's backstory, and the end of the lightside female version of TSL, we can theorize that the Exile goes off to meet Revan. <GAP> The True Sith emerge unscathed.

We can only assume that they were killed in their attempt to stop the sith, but what a battle it must have been. On the scale of Anakin and the Clones, verse the entire Jedi Temple. Or, the Geonosis Arena battle.

Anyway, here's my point about KOTOR 3, you play a game for 30 - 50 hours of going around unknown space with Revan, the Exile, and your new character. You seem to get to the final battle and you beat the villan. Then, a cut scene starts that shows your entire party being slaughtered, the Sith emerge in known space with an armada, and you lose anyway. Would anyone really want to do all that work when you are guaranteed to lose, anyway?

That's about as anticlimactic as the King Arthur and the Knights of Round Table being arrested at the end of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and they didn't find the cup, either.

Again, sorry that you can't play your mighty man god jesus thor savior super saiyan Jedis.

Your argument would have plenty of feet if this was set 30 years after or so.

This is 300. Ok, please let that sink in for once.

Three hundred years.

Ok, now imagine that maybe Revan and Exile DID in fact do SOMETHING to the True Sith. After all, they did not attack til THREE HUNDRED YEARS LATER.

That's about as anticlimactic as the King Arthur and the Knights of Round Table being arrested at the end of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and they didn't find the cup, either.

It absolutely is not. At all.

King Arthur and the Knights make it to the end of Monty Python. Then a sequel is made 5 years later, and you play as a new King, but with mostly the same knights. At the end, you hear King Arthur might be off doing something and you'll go help him.

Then 300 years later, Hitler Germany invades and takes over Europe.

Not the greatest example, but you get my point. It has been 300 years.

This Sith invasion is just another invasion the Republic faces in its like, 15,000 year lifespan.

The Sith are attacking again, and this time they pretty much won. This doesn't even have to be Revan's True Sith. It doesn't have to be Exile's True Sith. For all we know, they made a truce or something with them for 300 years, then some new Sith Lord comes around and breaks it.

300 years. Thats the difference between America being a bunch of huts and small houses, and present day.

300 years.

That is 100 years, 3 times.

That is roughly how old our America is.

Thats longer than 50 years ago. Before World War 1 and 2!

Thats 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1.

Revan and Exile probably didn't make it past 100 years.

A lot happens in 200 more years!

Anyway, here's my point about KOTOR 3, you play a game for 30 - 50 hours of going around unknown space with Revan, the Exile, and your new character. You seem to get to the final battle and you beat the villan. Then, a cut scene starts that shows your entire party being slaughtered, the Sith emerge in known space with an armada, and you lose anyway. Would anyone really want to do all that work when you are guaranteed to lose, anyway?

Guess what?

darth%20sidious%205325.jpg

You lose in 3,500 years anyway.

Everything that they do in the old Republic is pointless, because we already know the Republic and Jedi both get wiped out by Sidious.

There, story over.

C'mon. Thats like saying Call of Duty is pointless to play because we already know Hitler is going to lose. Or saying that researching about Napoleon is pointless because we already know Barack Obama will be elected.

I read somewhere that having an ending that involves Revan and the Exile defeating the True Sith would be cheating and anti-climatic.

I would say that creating a 300-year gap with no logical explanation... that's cheating! Why not just leave TOR with a new cliffhanger and make the next game 300 years after that? If all you have to do is set the timeline a few hundred years later and give a vague explanation that doesn't even make sense, then Lucasarts has become very cheap indeed.

Why not just let the True Sith defeat the Republic and conquer the galaxy for the next 3450 years? Then somewhere along the line, for no reason, the Jedi emerge on top just in time for The Phantom Menace. Why would anyone like a climax if they know the resolution can just be nothing more than a vague description of something completely new?

The very existence of this game is a cheat! KOTOR III is the resolution, not TOR!

I read somewhere that having an ending that involves Revan and the Exile defeating the True Sith would be cheating and anti-climatic.

And they would be right. To an extent.

I would say that creating a 300-year gap with no logical explanation... that's cheating! Why not just leave TOR with a new cliffhanger and make the next game 300 years after that? If all you have to do is set the timeline a few hundred years later and give a vague explanation that doesn't even make sense, then Lucasarts has become very cheap indeed.

So you know every bit of dialog in TOR will have no explanation at all of why it took 300 years for the True Sith to attack? Exposition of godly deeds rather than somehow being the godly character.

Why not just let the True Sith defeat the Republic and conquer the galaxy for the next 3450 years? Then somewhere along the line, for no reason, the Jedi emerge on top just in time for The Phantom Menace. Why would anyone like a climax if they know the resolution can just be nothing more than a vague description of something completely new?

Interestingly enough, in the movies they say that the republic has stood for a thousand years. So technically they could have the True Sith defeat the Republic and conquer the galaxy for about 2500 years. Then the republic being reformed for the last thousand.

The very existence of this game is a cheat! KOTOR III is the resolution, not TOR!

HAHA Riiiiiiiight. A Godly character isn't a cheat, but a game you have NO idea what the story is, somehow is a cheat. Or is it because it's 300 years later. Set only a few years after TSL would be like the ANH era, with no or very few jedi. Setting it 300 years later gives an abundant pool of fresh jedi to pick from.

Yeah... cheat. If you disagree, then don't support my side of the argument. I would think a god-like character is a lot better because it at least required some effort. Lucasarts cheated by not completing the KOTOR series and starting anew 300 years later.

What if for the last Harry Potter novel, Atkinson just resumed the plot after the villain was defeated? Voldomort was too powerful, everyone was dead, and everything was hopeless, so her solution... Just start afresh!

Try making a good ending to such a climatic ending to TSL. If anyone wants to complain, then remember that the TSL ending is bad because they created such an anti-climatic end with TOR. My anger is directed at the ones who decided to begin anew and just leave the climax in limbo indefinitely.

Yeah... cheat. If you disagree, then don't support my side of the argument. I would think a god-like character is a lot better because it at least required some effort. Lucasarts cheated by not completing the KOTOR series and starting anew 300 years later.

No, they didn't cheat. They just didn't feel there was a game's worth of content following the god created by TSL.

What if for the last Harry Potter novel, Atkinson just resumed the plot after the villain was defeated? Voldomort was too powerful, everyone was dead, and everything was hopeless, so her solution... Just start afresh!

Not comparable. It would be like if they Killed Voldemort in the first novel and the second novel only had honorable mentions of Harry, while you follow a new character around, who defeats a trio of bad wizards, then the third comes out and explains how the two stories are related.

Try making a good ending to such a climatic ending to TSL. If anyone wants to complain, then remember that the TSL ending is bad because they created such an anti-climatic end with TOR. My anger is directed at the ones who decided to begin anew and just leave the climax in limbo indefinitely.

Did you even PLAY TSL? The story end was anti-climatic long before TOR came out. Granted the game was rushed, but the end of that petered out completely. TOR didn't kill the story, TSL did more so than TOR. By not having the main character from the first in there as anything more than an honorable mention, and flinging him off to face psychotically stupid odds in a region of space that he had no idea about.

Ok, now imagine that maybe Revan and Exile DID in fact do SOMETHING to the True Sith. After all, they did not attack til THREE HUNDRED YEARS LATER.

King Arthur and the Knights make it to the end of Monty Python. Then a sequel is made 5 years later, and you play as a new King, but with mostly the same knights. At the end, you hear King Arthur might be off doing something and you'll go help him.

I think people are missing the point that DarthJacen was emphasizing. It's not a matter of whether or not they have a good idea or not, but that their idea completely tramples upon the ending of TSL. I don't want a clean slate! I don't want an ending that leaves the KOTOR story stagnant for 300 years! If it takes place 300 years after KOTOR ends, but is not an ending... THAT'S alright with me.

The True Sith were introduced in the second game for the purpose of being used in the third installment. If everyone is so disappointed in the second game, then why are so many for this to come out? Don't forget that the True Sith were introduced in the second game... they were NEVER officially stated in the first.

It doesn't matter how great TOR ever will be because it isn't completely new, but it doesn't properly end the KOTOR series. It is a pathetic attempt by lucasarts to give the game two faces... one new and as a KOTOR continuation.

No, they didn't cheat. They just didn't feel there was a game's worth of content following the god created by TSL.

Then why are they doing TOR at all?

You can't attack TSL and defend TOR at the same time because the climax of the sequel is the reason for what's in development. And no, TSL did not end until TOR came along.

Then why are they doing TOR at all?

Simple answer: they can tie up loose ends while still having a good game with a new possibly better story.

Yes you can tie up loose ends with an MMO. What happened in the unknown regions with Revan and the Exile has not been fully explained. At least not in the FAQ's or the game info. In fact nothing much is stated about them there. This may be something you get to discover as you play the game. There may even be an optional quest line that has you learn much more about the two characters' exploits in the Unknown Regions than a game right after the end of TSL. At this point, it is too early to say they killed the story.

Tie up loose ends? You mean conclude KOTOR... how? By killing off all the characters and extending the conflict for 300 years? The reason why I liked TSL better than the first was because it enriched an already great plot, but this has destroyed all that.

This all comes down to one VERY minor change that makes ALL the difference: set the game to take place in the KOTOR era. There is an entire Galaxy, so there is nothing that restricts the storyline in any way. By killing Revan and the Exile and keeping the same villain for 300 years, I would rather they not touched KOTOR at all. They must either have all or nothing about how the conflict is resolved. I do not want this new plot touching KOTOR in any way unless they make it into the third installment. And everyone knows WHEN that installment should be.

Tie up loose ends? You mean conclude KOTOR... how? By killing off all the characters and extending the conflict for 300 years? The reason why I liked TSL better than the first was because it enriched an already great plot, but this has destroyed all that.

YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT! This did not destroy anything. You are projecting what you believe with VERY little knowledge. They tie up the loose ends of two overly powerful characters that would be impossible to make a game from. YOU HEAR THAT PART, IMPOSSIBLE! You cannot have an RPG that starts out with such a super godly creation as was described in TSL. It made Revan out to be super godly. All knowing and able to eat sith while killing mandalorians by the millions with each swing of his saber. Revan became too powerful(because of TSL) to be let back into the universe. The Exile was so powerful that she could destroy the Force. Those two characters CANNOT be continued.

This all comes down to one VERY minor change that makes ALL the difference: set the game to take place in the KOTOR era. There is an entire Galaxy, so there is nothing that restricts the storyline in any way. By killing Revan and the Exile and keeping the same villain for 300 years, I would rather they not touched KOTOR at all. They must either have all or nothing about how the conflict is resolved. I do not want this new plot touching KOTOR in any way unless they make it into the third installment. And everyone knows WHEN that installment should be.

No, Because after the events of TSL BOTH Revan and The Exile are both removed from the story as far as known space is concerned. Kicked out into fairy dust land. POOF, Gone. That was their grand plan to get rid of the Mary Sue characters. If anything having it set so far away makes it easier to tell what happened. Set right after TSL there would be no way of knowing what happened. Set after the True Sith invasion, you can get the whole story about how they sacrificed their lives to delay the invasion until after the jedi and republic had time to rebuild.

Impossible to resume the story from the end of TSL? Lot's of fan fictions have been resumed from the ashes of TSL and emerged pretty interesting to me. I think my favorite one was that the Council were right from the beginning. The True Sith staged the Mandalorian wars, knowing that if they were victorious, they would eventually eradicate the True Sith.

This would explain why the Council refused to get involved in the war... because they knew the True Sith were setting themselves up to be destroyed only so that the Jedi would defeat the Mandalorians for them. Remember Canderous saying "the sith would be nothing more than a boarder skirmish"? That's exactly what would have happened if Revan didn't get involved in the first place.

How about another example that KOTOR III is not only possible, but would be the best option? If you had seen Episode three before the Star Wars trilogy, wouldn't it have been the least bit disappointing to have the next plotline happen 300 years later? How could anyone possibly say there is no way for a third KOTOR when there is a perfect example in the Star Wars trilogy and pretrilogy?

I'm not just trying to say the same thing time and time again, but I don't agree with the reasons that have been given for TOR. It is clearly possible that there can be a KOTOR III, but it would just require some effort to come up with a conclusion rather than start anew.

my favorite one was that the Council were right from the beginning.

Why do you need fan fiction to tell you that?

Remember Canderous saying "the sith would be nothing more than a boarder skirmish"? That's exactly what would have happened if Revan didn't get involved in the first place.

No, it isn't what would have happened. I think Canderous has read too many Karen Travesty novels.

Impossible to resume the story from the end of TSL? Lot's of fan fictions have been resumed from the ashes of TSL and emerged pretty interesting to me. I think my favorite one was that the Council were right from the beginning. The True Sith staged the Mandalorian wars, knowing that if they were victorious, they would eventually eradicate the True Sith.

That's a fan fiction though. Pure speculation and wishful thinking on the part of the writer.

How about another example that KOTOR III is not only possible, but would be the best option? If you had seen Episode three before the Star Wars trilogy, wouldn't it have been the least bit disappointing to have the next plotline happen 300 years later?

'If you had seen' it before doesn't matter. The Original Trilogy was made before the prequels - which where then made to explain how things came to be. The prequels wouldn't exist if the Original trilogy didn't.

How could anyone possibly say there is no way for a third KOTOR when there is a perfect example in the Star Wars trilogy and pretrilogy?

Because it's not a perfect example.

I'm not just trying to say the same thing time and time again, but I don't agree with the reasons that have been given for TOR.

As I said before, Lucasarts doesn't care. They don't owe us a KOTORIII, just like they don't owe us a JK4.

No, it isn't what would have happened. I think Canderous has read too many Karen Travesty novels.

Unfortunately, too many people have.

That's a fan fiction though. Pure speculation and wishful thinking on the part of the writer.

More like "badly-written self-insertion fantasy fulfillment wishfully-speculative thinking" (much like the stuff KT writes, come to think of it, but not official).

Read.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1749933/19/Shattered_Knight

This is not just some cheap piece of work... the quality of this is remarkable. It predates TSL, but it is an example of the many possible options that could be done for KOTOR III. The point is that it is not only possible, but probable that you can have a decent conclusion that doesn't involve erasing everything and starting anew 300 years later.

The point is that at the end of TSL, you're left thinking the Council were the villains, but it would have been astounding to realize that they were right from the beginning and that Revan was, in fact, not the godlike Jedi TSL made him out to be... given that he did exactly what the True Sith wanted from the start.

And to Astor_Kaine... unless you have a reason to say otherwise, don't just contradict what I say. The ending to the pretrilogy is an excellent example because it is chronologically ordered so that episode three PRECEEDS episode four. The plot is virtually the same as is for the ending of KOTOR. The Jedi are crippled and struggle to survive while an enemy has become more powerful than ever. If the original trilogy was not liked, then that's something to argue with.

This is not just some cheap piece of work... the quality of this is remarkable. It predates TSL, but it is an example of the many possible options that could be done for KOTOR III. The point is that it is not only possible, but probable that you can have a decent conclusion that doesn't involve erasing everything and starting anew 300 years later.

Just because there is the possibility doesn't mean there should be a KOTORIII. Again, they don't owe us a KOTORIII.

And to Astor_Kaine... unless you have a reason to say otherwise, don't just contradict what I say.

I do have a reason, thank you. Do you?

The ending to the pretrilogy is an excellent example because it is chronologically ordered so that episode three PRECEEDS episode four.

That is the general meaning of a prequel, yes.

My entire point is that your example is wrong. The prequels only exist because they were made to answer the questions raised in the Original Trilogy.

The Star Wars prequels were pre-destined to lead up to the Original Trilogy, which I why I disagreed with your example - it's not a very good one.

Again, sorry that you can't play your mighty man god jesus thor savior super saiyan Jedis.

Your argument would have plenty of feet if this was set 30 years after or so.

This is 300. Ok, please let that sink in for once.

Three hundred years.

Then 300 years later, Hitler Germany invades and takes over Europe.

Not the greatest example, but you get my point. It has been 300 years.

This Sith invasion is just another invasion the Republic faces in its like, 15,000 year lifespan.

The Sith are attacking again, and this time they pretty much won. This doesn't even have to be Revan's True Sith. It doesn't have to be Exile's True Sith. For all we know, they made a truce or something with them for 300 years, then some new Sith Lord comes around and breaks it.

300 years. Thats the difference between America being a bunch of huts and small houses, and present day.

300 years.

That is 100 years, 3 times.

That is roughly how old our America is.

Thats longer than 50 years ago. Before World War 1 and 2!

Thats 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1.

Revan and Exile probably didn't make it past 100 years.

A lot happens in 200 more years!

Guess what?

darth%20sidious%205325.jpg

You lose in 3,500 years anyway.

Everything that they do in the old Republic is pointless, because we already know the Republic and Jedi both get wiped out by Sidious.

There, story over.

C'mon. Thats like saying Call of Duty is pointless to play because we already know Hitler is going to lose. Or saying that researching about Napoleon is pointless because we already know Barack Obama will be elected.

Except, that the Sith Emperor, here, is one thousand years old, I don't think there is a hovercraft built, yet for that kind of age. He must have some serious health issues. Not to mention the cat naps and senility. Anyway, my point is that the Emperor was alive when Revan first showed up with Malak to learn the sith ways. And, he was around when the Exile met with Revan. He wasn't kill by either of them working together. I can only assume that Revan and the Exile were slaughtered once they trespassed on Sith soil. They would have put up one heck of a fight, no doubt about it. They may have even wounded the Emperor in the battle, but the Emperor survives and emerges unscathed, when Revan and the Exile do not. How is that not anticlimactic?

We were all expecting the good guys to triumph over evil. The stage was set for a ROTJ finish, but it ended like TPM with this sense that we won the battle but could still lose the war.

I suppose I was hoping that enough people would display their discontent for the plot's timeline that Lucasarts would be forced to change it. It may seem like a vague hope, but if enough people made it clear that they wouldn't buy TOR unless the timeline were changed, Lucasarts would have to do it. Of those who voted here, more were disappointed than those who were neutral or against it being 300 years later.

Besides, I like reading the inciteful comments left behind by others.

Well, the comments in this thread certainly has incited a great deal of activity.... ;P

LA isn't going to change it. Bioware is already well into the development, and the TOR forum at bioware.com has a few thousand people going absolutely gaga over this project. The few people here who express discontent aren't going to outweigh the huge number of people over at Bioware and a lot of other places (including here) who are already going nuts waiting for the game to come out.

I do have a reason, thank you. Do you?

The Star Wars prequels were pre-destined to lead up to the Original Trilogy, which I why I disagreed with your example - it's not a very good one.

That's right. They don't 'owe' us anything... they're trying to make as much money as possible from fans. That's why they're giving something that vaguely touches upon an ending for KOTOR... that way, they could leave open the possibility of a K3 if this goes under. If this came AFTER K3 were finished and released, then it would no longer have a base of fans to rely on.

I still stand by my example because it doesn't really matter what order they were released in real life. The first three ultimately lead to the last three chronologically. The story is the same no matter what order they were released... if you want to say that you hated Episode Three and ultimately hated how they transitioned to the original trilogy, then that's something I can't argue with.

If you're saying that because Episode three was ultimately a terrible movie, then you can say the same thing would happen with any K3 conclusion. Just dismissing my example on a mere technicality doesn't really apply because any K3 would be the same as an episode three.

------------

Anyway, I already said it once, but since it is not doing anything other than expressing discontent, I should just leave this thread to its demise.

Except, that the Sith Emperor, here, is one thousand years old, I don't think there is a hovercraft built, yet for that kind of age. He must have some serious health issues. Not to mention the cat naps and senility. Anyway, my point is that the Emperor was alive when Revan first showed up with Malak to learn the sith ways. And, he was around when the Exile met with Revan. He wasn't kill by either of them working together. I can only assume that Revan and the Exile were slaughtered once they trespassed on Sith soil. They would have put up one heck of a fight, no doubt about it. They may have even wounded the Emperor in the battle, but the Emperor survives and emerges unscathed, when Revan and the Exile do not. How is that not anticlimactic?

Since when does it have to be climatic anyway? I'd take that over the average fan's idea of how it should go, if for no other reason than the fact that it would be a breath of fresh air.

We were all expecting the good guys to triumph over evil.

I'm sick of the good guys winning every single freaking game. I'd like some variation. At least have them win in a different way.

Well, the comments in this thread certainly has incited a great deal of activity.... ;P

LA isn't going to change it. Bioware is already well into the development, and the TOR forum at bioware.com has a few thousand people going absolutely gaga over this project. The few people here who express discontent aren't going to outweigh the huge number of people over at Bioware and a lot of other places (including here) who are already going nuts waiting for the game to come out.

While your logic is sound, what relevance does that hold? Nobody here is pretending that they can change the situation.

Archived