Home

Didn't learn from NGE?

Nedak

exactly, limiting the numbers or not allowing it at all is kinda taking away the only thing that makes Star Wars games unique. You can be a robot, a commando, a ninja, in just about every other game on the market. What makes Star Wars unique is crazy powers and glowing beat sticks. As long as two players of equitable levels can have a equivocal battle, ie: not where some guy stuns you and 3 hits later you're dead, then it's all good.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if we go along with Darth Revan's theory that the true battles were fought between the Jedi and/or Jedi Hunters of each faction, and that the larger conflicts hinged on these battles, one could easily justify this in PvP terms, as the classes would be designed and balanced around fighting/disabling enemy jedi, therefore making regular soldiers little more than cannonfodder to the extremely skilled/powerful player characters.

There doesn't need to be a specific, secret "method" to finding out how to be one, the process of simply being a Jedi just shouldn't be so simple and easy.

I agree. Jedi and Sith players should have a different experience. Since the life of a Jedi is about sacrifice, make them give up something, like mission rewards or something. All a Jedi needs in life is a lightsaber and enough credits to buy food, shelter, and transport when necessary anyways.

As for Sith, since they constantly betray each other, players should be able to attack them without warning at anytime, even from fellow Sith. The Sith should have to compete for prestige, which would encourage them to fight each other.

I would be all for a "Forceless" server, where the only Jedi and Sith are npc companions.

I agree. Jedi and Sith players should have a different experience. Since the life of a Jedi is about sacrifice, make them give up something, like mission rewards or something.

As for Sith, since they constantly betray each other, players should be able to attack them without warning at anytime, even from fellow Sith. The Sith should have to compete for prestige, which would encourage them to fight each other.

A good suggestion, that to become the most powerful (probably) classes, you have some large drawback to weigh against the benefit. However, I think the Sith variant will be unlikely, as it could badly unbalance the game to the detriment of the Sith Empire faction.

I don't even want to be a Jedi. I enjoyed being a Bounty Hunter and Commando better.

And if they announce a Mandalorian Faction? That speaks for itself.

Yeah that's how I felt in SWG. I never wanted to be a Jedi, and never became one. Mainly because I simply refused to do the hologrind, and I really didn't want to grind professions I really didn't want to play as. I loved my Master Pistoleer/Master Commando.

Good point about the Mandalorian faction...haven't thought about that... and if they do announce something like that sign me up ASAP.

Archived