The big bad Class discussion!

Ztalker

Right.

Let's roll.

2 classes have been confirmed, with a third one pending:

-Jedi

-Sith

-Commando

What classes would you like to see? Give a detailed description!

Personally, I'd love a Mandalorian Soldier class. They bring some balance in the game. They are Jedi killers and we wouldn't like to have 90% of the game's inhabitants to be Jedi because it's the strongest class, no?

So, I'll go ahead:

Soldier class

Trained to battle, trained in battle.

The strong arm of the Republic, strengthened by wars of the past, equipped with modern technology and weapons.

Speciality:

Jedi hunter

This Soldier has learned all there is to learn about the killing of Jedi. Trained to block all thoughts, trained to target the Jedi when he/she is weak. Armoured with cortotis this one is a force to be reckoned with!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will definitely be a Bounty Hunter class, I have no doubt of that. I may even go with it, probably. IMO, Bounty Hunters will be loners that fight for cash whenever bounties are put up on people. Should be a good way to play without actually hugging any alliance.

There will have to be some sort of Rogue/Thief/Scoundrel class that will be skilled in all sorts of tricks and abilities. They will probably end up most valuable when adventuring with battle-geared players (of which I think there will be too many :xp: ).

Some sort of a Scout class, that may strike a balance with Scoundrel and Soldier. I'd rather it concentrates on speed, reconnaissance, scouting etc. It would be interesting if you can play as a scout and chart out an area with stealth and then sell the map to the highest bidder, with info such as treasures, enemies etc.

It doesn't really matter. As long as "Jedi" and "Sith" are beginning classes and not sort of prestige classes/factions you can join later, then there's going to be a million sith noobs and about half of that jedi and every other class with have around a thousand. In short, it doesn't matter what classes there are, unless something special has to be done, jedi and sith will be the only classes that see play.

It doesn't really matter. As long as "Jedi" and "Sith" are beginning classes and not sort of prestige classes/factions you can join later, then there's going to be a million sith noobs and about half of that jedi and every other class with have around a thousand. In short, it doesn't matter what classes there are, unless something special has to be done, jedi and sith will be the only classes that see play.

That's why we are having this discussion. To see if there are unique thoughts to keep the balance. Or skills to even out the PVP balance? Invisibility as a Mandalorian/Special Forces class?

He still has a good point. The sheer attraction of a glowing lightstick will be enough to attract everyone to those classes, not to mention every emo/wannabe bully would turn to the Sith class to role-play their dream.

If it's done well though, this could be nothing more then a temporary thing, meaning everyone would start out as a Jedi or Sith but after the game has a month or two of activity, many would realize that the class does not fit their play styles. After all, many would prefer gunning enemies from afar then charging in melee.

The most important thing here, in my opinion, is to allow bending of lore. True, Jedi are the all-around good warriors but here, they must be ''just warriors''. Neat little tricks unavailable to them, but available to other classes like say...jetpacks for bounty hunters. I know...everyone could technically equip one, but such restrictions are sometimes necessary.

We should also avoid ''counter'' classes such as Jedi hunter and such. I sort of sucks that a class would have an inherent advantage over another. I know how much whining this will cause...

That's why we are having this discussion. To see if there are unique thoughts to keep the balance. Or skills to even out the PVP balance? Invisibility as a Mandalorian/Special Forces class?

No, frankly I don't think balancing will work well trying to balance a soldier and a jedi/sith.

Seeing the original Kotor games, why not?

At least in the games, enemy soldiers wore Cortosis armor (or a layer) that protect them a bit. In the movies and novels, no normal soldier does.

I agree with you that a Jedi is....logically stronger then a soldier, I have to say. Soldier is indeed not a good example. The Sith Assassin squad from Atton perhaps? Or just Assassin?

Seeing the original Kotor games, why not?

But this is why in the original games, you didn't start off as a Jedi, well, K2 you sorta did, but in K1 you got no force powers till you trained yourself.

That's how class balancing should work. You are a soldier, or an assassin, or whatever, and then you add jedi/sith aspects on top of that. That way the amount you sacrifice of your original class is how much you gain in leet force skillz.

I think you should have to meet certain requirements before being able to start advancing to a Jedi level.

We should all start off as non-Force users, or at least the vast majority of us should, then be permitted to advance after meeting (possibly high) targets in terms of combat, etc. or only at a certain point in your character's story.

Obviously, there would be a massive amount of opposition to that from those that cannot be bothered waiting (just the sort of people we'd want to prevent playing as Sith/Jedi:xp:), but it would , I think, go a long way towards balancing our chances.

Guest DarthMaulUK

hmmm Bounty Hunter. That was one of the best parts in Galaxies. Until it all changed. I used to love hunting Jedi scum.

Its going to be interesting how the character trees pan out. The one thing that set Galaxies apart early on was the fantastic skill tree. I hope it will be something along those lines.

I'm gonna be a scruffy looking nerf herder.

Ooooo beer and pie for you

I intend to be a smuggler... if I have to role play it, so be it, but I will be a smuggler.

Smuggler seems like the perfect scout. stealth and speed things that benefit the scoundrel. and good with animals too. Cute cuddly ones... er... well walking carpets... sorta...

And NO I don't smell worse than him....

In addition to jedi, sith and non-force users, I'd like to see some other variations of force users added to the mix. How about a force hound, a force sensitive trained to track other force users? Pair one up with a bounty hunter and you could have trouble. Maybe go with a semi-class system where you have a main profession but then have skills that any class can train in(like various martial arts, minor force sensitivity or cybernetic enhancement) to diversify yourself.

Archived