Home

Revan, the Republic, The True Sith, and KotOR III.

Pikmin

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
K3 was never alive, obsidian made sure of that.

{snip}

Yup, Chris Avellone sent Revan and The Exile to their doom.

We know the Sith eventually come back so there was no possible way for them to succeed.

It's time to put KOTOR on the funeral pyre and pay your last respects.

Hopefully they went out in a blaze of glory.

What sucks is they could of still made it K3(MMO). Say instead of 300yrs after K1, you make it shortly after the events of K2. 10-20 yrs, long enough so that the Jedi order is all ready rebuilt.

Revan and The Exile come back with their tails between their legs realizing they've been outmatched but at least learning enough about the True Sith to combat them.

Now they have to raise an army. You wouldn't play as them but they would be the Generals you would serve under(Lightside players).

So when is The Unknown Regions going to be closed down? Kind of irrelevant now.

Well, they've shown a lack of creativity by selecting the weakest of many possible connects to the "true Sith": that they are Ludo Kresh's Sith that fled from Korriban and Ziost after the great Hyperspace War in 5,000 BBY. This was the most obvious connection, but it was also the weakest.

My latest theory was the idea that these "true Sith" were indeed of the Sith species, but not the watered-down, half-humanoid ones from the Great hyperspace War. My theory drew upon the observation that Sith king Adas and his forces had the technology (most likely from the Rakatan) to relocate themselves from Korriban to Ziost and conquer other worlds circa 28,000 BBY, having been a primitive species previously; and that the Sith that the Exiles encountered on these worlds in 6,900 BBY were primitive once again. My theory stated that there was a division among the Sith species; that those who embraced the Rakatan technology fled to build their empire in the Unknown Regions, leaving behind the "weak" Sith who could not adapt. The latter Sith were the ones encountered and conquered by the Dark Jedi, and the former are the "true Sith," waiting in secret to strike not at the Jedi or the Republic -- because they have nothing against them -- but the successors of the "weak" Sith of Korriban, with the audacity to build an empire themselves and attempt galactic domination (Revan's Sith Empire).

This was my latest and most favorable theory, and one I believe to be quite interesting. Past theories of mine include these people being an offshoot of the Legions of Lettow from the First Great Schism, as well as other theories that I can't seem to recall at the moment.

The idea that the "true Sith" are those that fled known space at the end of the Great Hyperspace War is the most obvious conclusion, but also the least interesting, in my opinion. It is a shame that LucasArt (or Obsidian or whoever came up with the story for The Old Republic) decided to take the easy way out and "dumb down" these mysterious people, as someone else here said.

Not only that, but my theory answered the question as to why the Sith species were able to travel to other planets but were a primitive, tribal people at the time of the arrival of the Exiles. What has been established by these new writers leaves the problem unsolved.

Very disappointed. Still, if it turns out to be good, I'll forgive them.

One thing that did pike my curiosity, though, is that the Jedi have relocated themselves to Tython, their birthplace. That sounds interesting. (Though I hope that what ever temple they have established there is some sort of bubble society complete with artificial sun energy, since Tython was established to have been a world encased in ineffably-present clouds in Darth Bane: Rule of Two. Life cannot exist without the sun.)

It also just occurred to me that this game may have been the mysterious "upcoming source" for the ancient Jedi Forge ceremony before the advent of lightsabers, mentioned in The New Essential Chronology. Since the Jedi have now returned to Tython, perhaps they are finding out new and interesting things regarding their long-forgotten origins?

The fact that there will be no true KOTOR 3 disappoints me quite a bit. Revan's fate disappoints as well. Not seeing the characters we know again kills the joy of any sequel for me. I want to know what happened to Carth, Bastila, Atton, Canderous, et all. While they're still alive. That the end of the story happens long after all these people have died? It's not K3. We get no real ending, imo. It would be like ending the original trilogy at ESB and having ROTJ happen 300 years later, only to tell you Luke died. What? You made me care about what happened to these people only to say "screw them" and start over?

I reject this canon and substitute my own! Revan Lives! ^^

deathdisco, I like your idea. Can you be in charge?

How many times can a single Sith Lord surviving the otherwise complete annihilation of the Sith after some great battle and going on to rebuild the order from scratch remain interesting? Doesn't it get a little old after a while? It happened with "the unknown Darth" at the destruction of the Sith Triumvirate, it happened to Darth Bane, and it sport of happened to Darth Krayt (though he did not actually become a Sith until well after their destruction). And now it's being revealed to have happened after the Great Hyperspace War? Can you think of something different, please?

Here's what you guys at LucasArts and obsidian need to do: scrap everything you've done so far, visit these forums, listen to Zerimar Nyliram's story ideas and use them (you have my permission to do so), and start completely over again, making this a regular RPG sequel.

I was hopping this never becomes true, but they are making a MMORPG as K3 unfortunately. I am mostly disappointed of this news because of my hate of MMORPG’s because of my experience with two of them. I can’t get myself to pay to buy a game and to pay a subscription to play it. Plus in my town, the internet cost hell to play online game at a descent speed on it. Even worst, in those MMORPG I played, when you make an action there’s no going back, you scraped your player or your quest, then you will have to run on your knees in a field of broken glass to correct your mistake (if the game in question let you this option). Life is already a question of choice, good or bad decisions that stress you all day long, so when I get home, alone, unhappy with my life, I like to play someone who can rule the world or save it without having to use my brain to much, because having fun is suppose to be easy sometimes.

So for all those sad points, Lucas Art can keep this probably too awesome story for themselves.

I admire the fans that think this idea will work, and are saying it will be "a damn good game." The fact of the matter is that for any fan of this game(During the current financial crisis), an MMO is a pathedic, desprate, shallow, and obviously greedy direction for Lucas to take. It HAS to be an AMAZING game for them to restore the HUGE amount of fans they will have lost. It won't matter if its just a "good" game or not. Galaxies was a "good" game and got wasted. Not only have they just given the finger to any current Galaxies player, but also any current SPRPG KotOr 3 players aswell. The facts that..

-LA has laid off TONS of employees.

-Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated movie was an undeniable failure.

-They are making a spin-off series to a movie which is an undeniable failure.

-The Force Unleash was over-hyped, and is a C Grade game.

-Starwas Galaxies...Enough said.

Lucas is failing left and right, and now the ONLY reason ANYONE would contemplate playing this upcomming MMO is: Bioware.

LA is bringing in the Dream Team rpg developers. That is the ONLY saving grace for The Old Republic, and in all honesty, may turn it into the AMAZING game that it needs to be.

How many times can a single Sith Lord surviving the otherwise complete annihilation of the Sith after some great battle and going on to rebuild the order from scratch remain interesting? Doesn't it get a little old after a while? It happened with "the unknown Darth" at the destruction of the Sith Triumvirate

Ah, but this clears that bit up at least. There is no unknown Darth. Revan's Sith died with the Triumvirate on Malachor V. The Sith Order to which Sidious and Bane belong would almost certainly be formed from the True Sith empire that's come into the spotlight in TOR. At least that's wrapped up in a neat package, even if most everything else still isn't.

Not only have they just given the finger to any current Galaxies player...

What did they do to SWG now? lol

You seriously think your story ideas are to par with a professional writer's, Zerimar?

how many professional writer's manage to write utter crap? just think of any movie, game, or book you've ever hated and you'll know a few.

when it comes to anything involving creativity, being "professional" doesn't mean jack...

I was hopping this never becomes true, but they are making a MMORPG as K3 unfortunately. I am mostly disappointed of this news because of my hate of MMORPG’s because of my experience with two of them. I can’t get myself to pay to buy a game and to pay a subscription to play it. Plus in my town, the internet cost hell to play online game at a descent speed on it. Even worst, in those MMORPG I played, when you make an action there’s no going back, you scraped your player or your quest, then you will have to run on your knees in a field of broken glass to correct your mistake (if the game in question let you this option). Life is already a question of choice, good or bad decisions that stress you all day long, so when I get home, alone, unhappy with my life, I like to play someone who can rule the world or save it without having to use my brain to much, because having fun is suppose to be easy sometimes.

So for all those sad points, Lucas Art can keep this probably too awesome story for themselves.

Yes, here too, internet costs hell to have mmos played at descent speed. Nad again, for me it is imposible to play this game, waving with lightsaber or with laser beam gun whatever and not to think of Reven, Exile and the rest of the crew. It seams for all of us, we are intentionaly left out of all this, again I cannot play mmos cuzz of technological issues,and mmos simply cost toooo much to play arround here, on the end I do not think is possible at all because no such IP.

Somebody said it is too early to judge this game, ok, NO, I say better have it sacked before then to regret latter on.

Bottom line, this is NOT KOTOR 3, nor 4, nor 5, nor whatever, those producers can say anything they like, but they simply DO NOT understand what KOTOR realy is. Raven Exile combination was on the way to be bigger and better than millions of Dart Vaders, but no, LA&Bioware have deceided to destroy all that, took'em long enough though, damn them.

300 years, MY GOD. I donot wanna guess for another kotor sprpg possibility, tooo havy for me wright now, but those 300 years tell me that they wanted to erase any idea of kotor frenchize (as we know), kotor charcters, kotor set, ans start something else that they dare to resemblle with KOTOR 1, 2. Now that is transparent, lowdown.

Well, they've shown a lack of creativity by selecting the weakest of many possible connects to the "true Sith": that they are Ludo Kresh's Sith that fled from Korriban and Ziost after the great Hyperspace War in 5,000 BBY. This was the most obvious connection, but it was also the weakest.

My latest theory was the idea that these "true Sith" were indeed of the Sith species, but not the watered-down, half-humanoid ones from the Great hyperspace War. My theory drew upon the observation that Sith king Adas and his forces had the technology (most likely from the Rakatan) to relocate themselves from Korriban to Ziost and conquer other worlds circa 28,000 BBY, having been a primitive species previously; and that the Sith that the Exiles encountered on these worlds in 6,900 BBY were primitive once again. My theory stated that there was a division among the Sith species; that those who embraced the Rakatan technology fled to build their empire in the Unknown Regions, leaving behind the "weak" Sith who could not adapt. The latter Sith were the ones encountered and conquered by the Dark Jedi, and the former are the "true Sith," waiting in secret to strike not at the Jedi or the Republic -- because they have nothing against them -- but the successors of the "weak" Sith of Korriban, with the audacity to build an empire themselves and attempt galactic domination (Revan's Sith Empire).

This was my latest and most favorable theory, and one I believe to be quite interesting. Past theories of mine include these people being an offshoot of the Legions of Lettow from the First Great Schism, as well as other theories that I can't seem to recall at the moment.

The idea that the "true Sith" are those that fled known space at the end of the Great Hyperspace War is the most obvious conclusion, but also the least interesting, in my opinion. It is a shame that LucasArt (or Obsidian or whoever came up with the story for The Old Republic) decided to take the easy way out and "dumb down" these mysterious people, as someone else here said.

Not only that, but my theory answered the question as to why the Sith species were able to travel to other planets but were a primitive, tribal people at the time of the arrival of the Exiles. What has been established by these new writers leaves the problem unsolved.

Very disappointed. Still, if it turns out to be good, I'll forgive them.

One thing that did pike my curiosity, though, is that the Jedi have relocated themselves to Tython, their birthplace. That sounds interesting. (Though I hope that what ever temple they have established there is some sort of bubble society complete with artificial sun energy, since Tython was established to have been a world encased in ineffably-present clouds in Darth Bane: Rule of Two. Life cannot exist without the sun.)

It also just occurred to me that this game may have been the mysterious "upcoming source" for the ancient Jedi Forge ceremony before the advent of lightsabers, mentioned in The New Essential Chronology. Since the Jedi have now returned to Tython, perhaps they are finding out new and interesting things regarding their long-forgotten origins?

Good theory, worth thinking about and it would answer many questions. Now, this Sith empire Bioware is talking about on swtor is more like hunting party gang going after the Jedi (here we go again) and Republic (ofcourse) against which Sith had a grudge for some 1000 years more or less, it realy doesn't ring any bells, at all, or is it just me. Now aboveall, the only individual who had knowledge about it got removed from the scope of the game, and we really know that HE holds the fundamentals of the game series, his story is essentially crucial for the game. Nope, people playing power (LA&Biware) think otherwise. God help us all.

Ah, but this clears that bit up at least. There is no unknown Darth. Revan's Sith died with the Triumvirate on Malachor V. The Sith Order to which Sidious and Bane belong would almost certainly be formed from the True Sith empire that's come into the spotlight in TOR. At least that's wrapped up in a neat package, even if most everything else still isn't.

What did they do to SWG now? lol

Yes, there was. Look him up on Wookieepedia and look at the sources.

You seriously think your story ideas are to par with a professional writer's, Zerimar?

I know they are. But what I've posted here doesn't necessarily count as they are just theories. The other things I write are great ideas, I've been told. It's all about the characters. Mediocre writers have a story with characters; great writers have characters with a story.

I have always thought the Star Wars Database was correct. Keeping things grounded in already established lore is a good idea. Its all about how you mold the foreward story. I have no quams with BioWare commiting to EU canon. Lack of creativity? Nah. Maybe everyone's expectations are too high.

Just look at the Star Wars Database and you will get your answers. True Sith was being interpreted by fans with too much complexity. Everyone ignored the Star Wars Database.

But what I proposed is part of established EU. Unless you are referring to the rift theory -- that the technologically advanced Sith abandoned the primitive Sith on Ziost, accounting for why the exiled Dark Jedi found a primitive, easily-conquered species. This is just speculation, of course, but a much needed one. This is a problem that the EU has never addressed thus far.

I'll give you the fact that, yes, perhaps my expectations were too high. However, such high expectations were hardly unfounded. After all, the "true Sith" were a gimmick used to instill in fans a sense of awe and wonder over the idea that they've got this enigmatic, unique organization planned for the future of the series; something totally original (or at least partially) that we've never seen before.

That said, it was quite reasonable for so many fans to expect something a little more unique than what it turned out to be, which was the easiest and least imaginative choice.

deleted the quote of a now-deleted post, so I went ahead and deleted the response because it didn't make sense otherwise. --Jae

You write Fanfic. Now you want Bioware to turn your fanfic into a game.

I honestly don't think I need to say anything else.

My grandma always said, 'If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it.' Keep comments constructive, even if you disagree with some or all the points in the story. --Jae

No, I don't write fan fiction. No, I've written no Knights of the Old Republic fan fiction that I want Bioware to turn into a game. I've written theories in this thread that I thought would have made a better plot premise than what they have announced. And I never said any of the stories that I do write were Star Wars-related. I write original stories. I think you're grabbing for anything now that you know you've been checkmated.

Learn to listen and think before you speak so as to spare yourself from sounding like an idiot.

I don't think I need to say anything else as well, either.

The only way for this to succede is if LA can convice players that this is better then the MMO they're currently playing. And just offering "The Star Wars Experience" isn't going to cut it. Because we all could just pop in KOTOR and get the experience for free.

Lets face it:

Force = Majic

Speeder = Horse

Blaster = Bow and Arrow

Clans = well...clans

They have to find something that Games like Eve or WOW just don't have. Does anyone seriously think that LA is smart enough to figure that out before they release this?

Archived