Home

Revan, the Republic, The True Sith, and KotOR III.

Pikmin

actually i think they will be able to do just that. And with Bioware there the game is sure to bring innovation to the MMO space.

I really dislike paying a mounthly fee but if they make the game as good as i think it could be i prolly will. Open beta please :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except an MMO can't have a story in the same way a SPRPG can. It just can't. It can have deep, complex quest-type things and such, but as far as a real cohesive storyline goes, I don't see how it can possibly happen.

Well, it can if the MMO aspects are limited to a few really hard quests or raids and battleground places.

Except an MMO can't have a story in the same way a SPRPG can. It just can't. It can have deep, complex quest-type things and such, but as far as a real cohesive storyline goes, I don't see how it can possibly happen.

True. However, I'm hoping that Bioware has figured out a good way to integrate a deep story into an MMO. :) (crosses fingers for luck)

All stories, plot outlines, characters and game ideas came from LucasArts.

Umm, actually BioWare creates the stuff, LA approves it or dissaproves it. I remember very well Avellone(lead K2 developer) talking about how the K2 team at OE came up with the story.

Seriously if LA created everything that the game relies on for it to be a game why didn't they do it themselves?

I do not think the game portion is going to die. Anyway, where can I read info about the new novel other than that it MIGHT be a TOR tie-in(if it is it might be about what happened to Revan.)

The Old republic series is great:

Tales of the Jedi - Dark Horse Comics.

Knights of the Old Republic - Dark Horse Comics.

Knights of the Old Republic - BioWare Corp.

The Sith Lords - Obsidian Entertainment.

The Old Republic - BioWare Corp.

Umm, actually BioWare creates the stuff, LA approves it or dissaproves it. I remember very well Avellone(lead K2 developer) talking about how the K2 team at OE came up with the story.

Seriously if LA created everything that the game relies on for it to be a game why didn't they do it themselves?

Sorry, my mistake. The real point of my post still stands, though.

I do not think the game portion is going to die. Anyway, where can I read info about the new novel other than that it MIGHT be a TOR tie-in(if it is it might be about what happened to Revan.)

Here's some info on it. It seems that it will assuredly not be answering the question of what happened to Revan as it will be set before the first game. So I have no idea when or how they will answer the question on everyone's minds. Perhaps the comic series will reach the time of the events just prior to the first game, skip a few years and cover the events between the games, and then skip a few more years relate what occurs after the second game? Perhaps there will be a second novel if the first is popular enough?

Or perhaps they'll leave this mystery to our imaginations, just as they are doing with Yoda's and Palpatine's pasts? Sometimes that's the best way to go. People can draw their own conclusions.

Edit: Ah, this is probably referring to Irvine's upcoming Nomi Sunrider novel. So yeah, this probably means no KOTOR book.

i *really* want tor to be good. for the sake of kotor. but then looking at the decisions LA has made, its making me cringe. come on, LA, BioWare, *PLEASE* dont screw it up

this hype about the 4th pillar: story is what redeemed it my my eyes somewhat... but after seeing the posts on the hype about tfu, im cringing agin.

*cringe*

No matter how we look at it, though, LA, Bioware and EA have just let all of us fans down.

They upset me so much doing that. Not only was it random, it was uncalled-for. Imagine doing something like this for all the HP fans, or the like? It's exactly the same.

No matter how we look at it, though, LA, Bioware and EA have just let all of us fans down.

They upset me so much doing that. Not only was it random, it was uncalled-for. Imagine doing something like this for all the HP fans, or the like? It's exactly the same.

Yes. The millions of Kotor members who joined the new MMO forums proof your point that they are disappointed.

With all the respect, MMO's are a new genre. Like sandbox was a little while ago. MMO's are a way of allowing millions of players to interact, unlike normal games, where 15 v.s. 15 multi player matches were the ultimate on-line format.

Plus, I get the feeling most people are just...angry because if the possible $ the game comes with.

And, like many have said before, get a job then. Even a lousy job like mine will get me easily enough to play.

This doesn't exactly preclude the chance of a KotoR III anyway. But people will complain about anything, and trying to stop them is like trying to stop an oncoming freight train with your bare hands.

Exactly...there's 300 years in between. ALL the space for a Kotor 3. it just grinds my gears how people complain without reading the material.

Nice metaphor though. :)

But nothing important happens in those 300 years. "Revan never returned" is the last The Republic heard of him.

Anything that KOTOR III could be about is that Revan and the Exiled failed and were never seen again.

So...only if Revan or the Exile are 'there' something interesting happens? I think the rebuilding of the Jedi order, rebuilding of the Republic, rise of the Sith, War for Coruscant disagree with you.

Plus, indeed, Revan left with a reason. He told Carth and Bastilla to fix it. Why do so if you plan to go back?

So...only if Revan or the Exile are 'there' something interesting happens? I think the rebuilding of the Jedi order, rebuilding of the Republic, rise of the Sith, War for Coruscant disagree with you.

Plus, indeed, Revan left with a reason. He told Carth and Bastilla to fix it. Why do so if you plan to go back?

Perhaps to visit his mom?

You have a interresting point, Revan maybe never has intended to return. Maybe he died in battle with the "true" sith (I never got that term, does it make Revan, Kreia and Sidious not-so-true sith?). Maybe he isn't dead.

We just don't know. All we know that on record he hasn't returned to the republic (maybe he did, maybe he returned under a different name, found Shan and Onasi and said what was going to happen, and then retire)

Also, maybe TOR will explain the sith and soldiers in FOC.

Archived