Home

"Enter the Dark Lord" (Vader SP Level) beta

Lord Skywalker

Hi!

Anyone has a copy of the "Enter the Dark Lord" mod's beta version? If yes, then please upload it somewhere, i spent weeks looking for it, but couldn't find it on the internet. I really hope that someone has it. I would be really happy if someone could upload it.

Here's the original topic of the mod if it helps:

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=147163

Thanks.

Hey Lord Skywalker,

I e-mailed AK Piggott about this very thing, and here's what he said to me:

I put a lot of work into Enter the Dark Lord and sadly, I'm not sure if I even have any of it anywhere. I mean, I must ... but who knows what I've done with it after all this time. I would love to upload the beta to give people a go, but honestly I don't think I even have a copy anymore.

All I can say is, if I happen to stumble across it at some point I'll be happy to share it with the folks at Massassi.

So at this point, that's where things stand. I'm sorry if that's not good news. I wish he had left up at least one of his previous betas he had uploaded to 4hoursleep. :(

Hey Lord Skywalker,

I e-mailed AK Piggott about this very thing, and here's what he said to me:

So at this point, that's where things stand. I'm sorry if that's not good news. I wish he had left up at least one of his previous betas he had uploaded to 4hoursleep. :(

Well, thats sad.:( But thank you for your answer.

• 3 weeks later...

here it is for everyone who wanted to play it!

I have put the level enter the dark lord here:

http://dashboard.filefront.com/jedimike2234/

just put the files into a folder, the dl assets 1 and dl assets 0 , titled dark lord in the gamedata and run it through the batch file,hope everyone enjoys it,this was the last beta,that i think was made availabile over at map review.

this was requested by my good buddy chris g.

have to say ak piggot did a fantastic level its a shame it was never finished.

• 2 months later...

I am trying to get in touch with him now, he has not replied yet but he is still about on occasion :) the mod is really fun, i am playing it now, and he did a great job on it. if you dl the files from the link that Jedi Mike so kindly put up, you may need to rename the two pk3 file, in my case they dl as zip files and would not run, but once i just removed the .zip they renamed properly and run fine. :) Mr P is a master map maker and it is a blast to be able to play as Darth Vader

darklord0hj7.jpg

darklord1rb8.jpg

darklord2co7.jpg

darklord3cq3.jpg

what i find real interesting is that AK Piggot was really ahead of the curve so to speak,in the game the force unleashed you also play as vader fighting against wookies and rebels,here in enter the dark lord ak piggot has us play as vader as we kick much rebel butt and aslo many wookies,the cutscenes are fantastic and the gameplay is also great!

I loved the moment where you see a stormtrooper try to run minus his arm as he falls and dies and a wookie appears with said stormtroopers arm in his hand and roaring,that was a great moment!

Its a shame he never finished it and i think the only person to finish it should be ak piggot because he has the map file without that you cant really finish it.

I agree on all points Mike, and i am just now writing to the folks at the M Temple to see if they can reach him, i have tried thru someone that had heard from him recently but so far JK has not replied to my e mails. I will keep trying. :)

Do we know where he left off? I get to the south hanger and kill some rebels and a imp officer calls and says something like 'we have the rebels in the North hanger, I'll meet you in a control room just east of you" and then I'm stuck. Just wondering if that is the end or if I haven't gone to the right part yet.

katanamaru, did you get past the exploding rooms ?after that you come to a large room with several stormtroopers waiting around,that was the last room ak piggot made for the beata,if you no clip you can go past but it just ends in a very large arena.
Yep that is where I got to. I used no clip to find the large room that was unfinished, but I was wondering if I had to backtrack somewhere. Thanks jedimike for telling me that was the end. That fire room and how ak piggot made the stormtroopers obey commands was some of the coolest things I've seen in JA.

yes,that where it ends ,sadly.Me and chrisg are trying very hard to get in contact with ak piggot,just to let him know we have posted the beta and just to thank him as well for a project that i know was difficult for him but it stands even now in its unfinished state as a great sp mod.

• 4 weeks later...

We have heard from Anthony and there is hope of seeing this great level set being finished...please contact me or Mike if you may be interested in helping with this, and know Radiant...this is a chance to see a remarkable work completed that really shows what JKA can do. :)

I can't map but I can do animations if that will help you out. You can see some of the stuff if you head over to the OJP forums @ ojp.filepanther.com. I can't give out any of the animations that are posted there for the mods use until the newest version has been out 3-4 weeks. I can make some new animations in the mean time or you can wait for the others to become open.

For instance I can make some Vader stances or such.

Archived