Home

Why bother playing Jedi?

K_Kinnison

What is the point of playing Jedi when you have to follow rules and are limited in what you can do

Yet a Sith only should have to worry about other sith who might see them as a threat.. yet I doubt we will ever see that happen in the game.. we certainly didn't see that in SW:Galaxies.

So in short, SIth get to do whatever they want, with no restrictions, and would think becoming a Jedi as punishment. Yet Jedi have to be Galactic Boy scouts or risk becoming sith themselves.

seems kinda unfair

Sith:

-Yah. I'd love to compete to the death with fellow classmates for the function of apprentice.

-Yah, I love the wrinkles and corrupted body you get when you go DS.

-Yah, you can't heal yourself with the Force. Seems unlucky in a war.

-Everyone will be preying on your position. The strongest one wins.

Not a nice environment. :xp:

So in short, SIth get to do whatever they want, with no restrictions, and would think becoming a Jedi as punishment. Yet Jedi have to be Galactic Boy scouts or risk becoming sith themselves.

seems kinda unfair

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morality :D

In all seriousness it's been made clear that the Jedi feel a calling in their lives much like priests, monks, and others that dedicate themselves to an ideal. They believe in peace and only use fighting as self-defense. While a Jedi believes in discipline and restraint the Sith lust for power and domination.

Plus we all know that the Sith have way higher insurance premiums on their cruisers with such aggressive drivers :p

They live longer as a whole yes, but individually I'd say vice versa. That is to say that you would be striving to become the strongest Sith. If ya don't you're a goner :D While Jedi will accept any body that plays by the "rules".

Do you really think the game designers will create a perma-death for Sith characters? Otherwise it is rather pointless to use it as an argument

it was a joke, but now that you bring that up....

how exactly would the constant struggle against your Sith associates work when everyone respawns? You might beat one guy in a fair fight, beat a second, and then all of a sudden out of nowhere the first guy comes in and whollops your severely weakened self...the Sith mentality kinda requires perma-death to function properly or it's just an endless civil war. Maybe they'll judge by the number of victories or something...

it was a joke, but now that you bring that up....

how exactly would the constant struggle against your Sith associates work when everyone respawns? You might beat one guy in a fair fight, beat a second, and then all of a sudden out of nowhere the first guy comes in and whollops your severely weakened self...the Sith mentality kinda requires perma-death to function properly or it's just an endless civil war. Maybe they'll judge by the number of victories or something...

They won't have perma death for that exact reason. Nobody wants to get ganked after a hard fight by an annoying player and have to start the game all over from scratch.

They will probably have something like WoW's arena system. Battles between players of the same faction will be pitted, non-deathmatch events. And yeah, this is gonna run contrary to the Sith idea of kill or be killed, but lets face it, they're gonna have to do it that way if they want to keep players happy.

They won't have perma death for that exact reason. Nobody wants to get ganked after a hard fight by an annoying player and have to start the game all over from scratch.

They will probably have something like WoW's arena system. Battles between players of the same faction will be pitted, non-deathmatch events. And yeah, this is gonna run contrary to the Sith idea of kill or be killed, but lets face it, they're gonna have to do it that way if they want to keep players happy.

yeah, that would work. Plus, they could always be a little divergent from the usual Sith...I mean, they probably want as much cannon-fodder Sith as possible for the war, after all. XD

Well for one, Sith would be vulnerable to both Jedi and Sith. So if we're in a Jedi-Sith fight, one Sith may just slaughter the other. The Jedi, on the other hand will work together in a team.

But I'm sure there will be some sort of balancing mechanisms anyways. :/

You have a rather good point here :(

The dev's did mention the 'Sith training.' And everyone remembering the Kotor 1 Sith training knows how that goes...being rewards for killing fellow classmates...it's the essence of the Sith. But how to put it in the game? Like you said, balance is lost is the Sith turn on each other.

Just play as a Jawa and hide from everyone! :xp:

Maybe the thing will be arranged so that only so many people get to become Sith every...week? Month? Whatever, anyway - maybe there will be, as suggested, non-deathmatch contests, tournaments, to decide who gets to ascend in that cycle.

I'd personally like to play as a Jedi, and co-operate with the other Jedi to kill Sith...The master-apprentice system that works in SW Galaxies is a very good example of how the relationship between master and apprentice should go...But that's just my opinion.

|I|

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To be honest, the Jedi will always be the winners. You don't need fancy lightning skills or fancy choking skills when you've got Stasis Field to freeze people and Force Wave to stun people.

That was seriously overpowered in KotOR. I even Force Confusion'd Sion and he didn't hurt me.

• 2 months later...
To be honest, the Jedi will always be the winners. You don't need fancy lightning skills or fancy choking skills when you've got Stasis Field to freeze people and Force Wave to stun people.

That was seriously overpowered in KotOR. I even Force Confusion'd Sion and he didn't hurt me.

I agree on that

Sith:

-Yah. I'd love to compete to the death with fellow classmates for the function of apprentice.

. . .

-Everyone will be preying on your position. The strongest one wins.

Not a nice environment. :xp:

O yeah,

being Sith does not come with dental care in it's insurance package...

Maulsnarl.jpg

So, are you saying that the Sith operate in a fully free market and the Jedi are unionised? :confused:

Archived