Home

The 'what are you playing' thread

Guest DarthMaulUK

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of 11/2/08: Star Wars: Empire at War (PC), Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360), James Bond 007: Nightfire (Xbox), RocketBowl (360), Star Wars: Battlefront (PS2), and, you're probably gonna laugh at me for this, but Rock Band 2 (360) :headbump

Waiting for: 150px-V8arcade_logo.jpg

Coming November 5th!

Read more about it here: http://v8arcade.com/

Oh yeah, and beat Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Xbox) for the 2nd time (last time I beat was around May 2005, right before the movie premiered

That game seems like such a waste of money.

I saw the E3 video of it and was thoroughly disappointed.

_EW_

I was like that before I bought it, but I did some research, saw some pretty impressive videos, and I gave in and bought it. To me, it's the ****. Any game that let's you play the Legend of Zelda theme with a bagpipe, sitar, cuica, NES, Jew's harp, and a banjo is an instant win. :D

Some neat videos:

• 2 weeks later...

Guild Wars--shepherding my legendary survivor through various different quests and missions in the campaigns to work on the KoaBD title.

Lord of the Rings Online--just picked that one up, having fun with it. I doubt I'll make it up to level 50 to start playing Mines of Moria right away when it comes out, but I'll get there.

Well I got Bioshock this past weekend so I have been playing that, I'm not very far though because I've been having crashing/freezing problems. And unfortunately it might get put on hold for a while as Wrath of the Lich King is released tonight. >;D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

LC Stories - played that one on the PSP the day it came out. It was a nice distraction, for a while, anyway...still, it was vastly superior to VC Stories!

I'm currently back to Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 on my PS3, trying to increase my rank to Warrant Officer! And I still play GTA IV regularly enough - GTA usually has immense replay value to me - and it's actually worth playing for a long time after the end of the story.

Haven't played much on the PC lately. Last things I played were Mafia (finally - far superior to PS2 release) and Rome: Total War. Now Empire taunts me from the shelves of every game store...cursed computer...

LC Stories - played that one on the PSP the day it came out. It was a nice distraction, for a while, anyway...still, it was vastly superior to VC Stories!

Aww. Well, proved my suspicions...I made the better choice :woo:

Still, being a VC lover (obviously, if you can't already tell by my name :xp:)

I suppose I ought to get VCS before it dissappears off the bargain shelves and ends up only on the internet for a wallet raping price. Happened to Jedi Academy. And some others like Marvel VS Capcom 1&2. ! was stolen from me though. :curse:

I'm currently back to Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 on my PS3, trying to increase my rank to Warrant Officer! And I still play GTA IV regularly enough - GTA usually has immense replay value to me - and it's actually worth playing for a long time after the end of the story.

I am going to crack open that Mafia in my cabinet for my PC, once I tire of KOTOR 2. Then again, my electronics shop table is looking mighty sexy to me right now...I've got a few projects in mind. ^_^

I may just get lost in diodes, resistors, capacitors and ICs...with some lasers.

GTA 4 is MAJOR cool. Too bad I cannot afford all the parts and whatnot for subscriptions to XBOX360 LIVE (it was a gift and I seriously can't afford jack as it is right now), because I'd download the expansion Lost and the Damned--about 10-20 additional hours of gameplay and a few other things not available in the regular GTA4.

otherwise I'd get megaman 9 (GO RETRO 8-BIT, BOYEEEE!), SF2 turbo (hell, just about any SF game), other classics

Haven't played much on the PC lately. Last things I played were Mafia (finally - far superior to PS2 release) and Rome: Total War. Now Empire taunts me from the shelves of every game store...cursed computer...

Hm. so mafia IS all that, eh? Coolness. You will be SO envious to hear this, but at a local flea market I bought it for a helluva deal. Box in good shape, CDs nearly perfect.

The guy just wanted to throw some stuff out. He himself seemed like a mafia-ish apartment owner tossing out some schmuck's stuff, real quick, real cheap.

I'll let you guess how much I paid for it...or little...if you care to.:shades2:

I have gotten back on the wagon (off the wagon?) and am playing WoW again. I never made it to 80 before I took about a 4 month break so now I am back at it, at 76 right now. Hopefully I will be 80 soon enough as that is when the real fun begins.

Still, being a VC lover (obviously, if you can't already tell by my name :xp:)

I suppose I ought to get VCS before it dissappears off the bargain shelves and ends up only on the internet for a wallet raping price.

Perhaps, but I advise you to try to get it for (at most) half the original RRP - and keep all expectations quite low. There was one bug in particular that irked me - cars disappearing from some garages. Whether or ot that was fixed for PS2 I don't know!

I am going to crack open that Mafia in my cabinet for my PC, once I tire of KOTOR 2.

Do, absolutely. It's great fun - and the Freeride/Freeride Extreme modes really make it!

GTA 4 is MAJOR cool.

It really is.

Too bad I cannot afford all the parts and whatnot for subscriptions to XBOX360 LIVE...because I'd download the expansion Lost and the Damned--about 10-20 additional hours of gameplay and a few other things not available in the regular GTA4.

Accursed Microsoft XBox thing...:swear:

You will be SO envious to hear this, but at a local flea market I bought it [Mafia] for a helluva deal. Box in good shape, CDs nearly perfect.

I remember that in another thread! And yes, I was very envious of your good fortune. Still, I managed to find my PC version for about £5, so not too bad!

Currently playing Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion as the Sassanid Empire. Close to completion now, really: I've got Mesopotamia, Alexandria, Armenia, Asia Minor, now I'm going to send a huge attack force on Constantinople to call it a day.

Also replaying the original Half-Life!

Currently playing Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion as the Sassanid Empire. Close to completion now, really: I've got Mesopotamia, Alexandria, Armenia, Asia Minor, now I'm going to send a huge attack force on Constantinople to call it a day.

That is also a piece of sheer brilliance in gaming! I alway choose Western Rome and start setting history right. :carms: Of course, their campaign is devilishy difficult at te start, but some abandoning of cities ruthless re-conquest and general toadying usually does the trick until the treasury builds up again!

Oh - and I just started TSL again. I doubt I'll see it through to the end, but it's fun to go back to it after a while! :D

Archived