Home

The 'what are you playing' thread

Guest DarthMaulUK

I'm currently playing Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS), and Peggle (XBL).

Professor Layton is like the perfect game for me, because I absolutely love puzzles, mind benders and riddles, and the ones in this game are truly brilliant. They are just the right level of difficulty to get the little grey cells going, and give you a great sense of satisfaction when you figure them out. The game is presented beautifully in it's setting and text, and Layton himself is as charming as Sherlock Holmes. One of the best games to come out on the DS in a very long time.

Peggle is simply one of the most addictive games there is. I got it yesterday, sat down and hardly moved from the sofa until I'd completed the Adventure section. Play the XBL demo, and you'll see exactly what I mean, or check it out on Steam.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Lynk and I beat RE5 last night. :D Only took 16:45, and we took our time exploring, not as long as I had hoped it'd be, and not as long as 4. In any case it was very enjoyable. So now that I am done with that (for now) I had also picked up No More Heroes for Wii so I've beaten the first two bosses so far, and then like I mentioned earlier WoW.

• 3 weeks later...

FCEU emulator: CastleVania 3 original from japan--WOW, this music sound is incredible compared to the version the us console got--apparently didn't come with the extra channels for the improved music and sound quality. I want a famicom now.

Then it's back to liberty city in 1998. :xp:

Interrupted my Mask of the Betrayer playthrough for another run through KotOR2 with TSLRP. I'm quite lucky there are so few games that really interest me these days. gives me the time to catch up on some classics and play some games for a second time (like Mass Effect).

Currently started to play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

I dunno if it's a good thing or bad thing, but I answered the questions at the beginning as myself, and was embraced by the Malkavians... I was hoping for Brujah.

Of course with the Malkavian, I tend to see my answer almost word for word in the dialog choices....

AHAHAAHAHAHAHA... oh wait.. um... no.

plus I love the way the responses are typed all funky wierd...

Tommycat--make sure to get the official patch. There are game-stopping bugs otherwise. That game is phenomenal, and it's my favorite second only to the Kotor games. There are some great fan-made patches too--check those out once you get through your first or second playthrough. Use dementation whenever you have the opportunity in conversation--some of those conversations are hilarious.

leXX--I picked up the Professor Layton game--I'm going to play that one after I play through GTA: Chinatown Wars that I picked up along with the DS a couple weeks back.

My kids and I are playing Rock Band 2 and we are just having a total Blast with it. I actually practiced some of our favorite songs in hard mode before they got home from school yesterday. They were absolutely ecstatic that I'd d/l'd the Spongebob songs, so of course we had to play those. Point Man laughs when we sing Eye of the Tiger and Hello There at the top of our lungs.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (I had to take great pains to steal his copy), and its pretty slick. Needs quite a bit of patience and I can't play it for really long stretches, but it has that special quality of making you want to come back to it and get into more espionagy hijinks. The controls are a bit clumsy to use though, could have used more fluidity.

I hadn't played Left 4 Dead in a month or so till the other day, and I'm glad I got back into it because that game is a hell of a lot of fun even if I am terrible at it. Me Niner and leXX completed all 4 campaigns and then I played another campaign later with some others.

leXX--I picked up the Professor Layton game--I'm going to play that one after I play through GTA: Chinatown Wars that I picked up along with the DS a couple weeks back.

Hope you like it as much as I do. :)

I hadn't played Left 4 Dead in a month or so till the other day, and I'm glad I got back into it because that game is a hell of a lot of fun even if I am terrible at it. Me Niner and leXX completed all 4 campaigns and then I played another campaign later with some others.

Was great fun. We have to do that way more often. ;)

I've ordered Eternal Sonata. Heard nothing but good things about it, plus it's Chopin, so I don't see how I can go wrong with it. So, I'll probably be playing that for ages when it arrives.

Also waiting for Riddick to be released on the 24th.

I've ordered Eternal Sonata. Heard nothing but good things about it, plus it's Chopin, so I don't see how I can go wrong with it. So, I'll probably be playing that for ages when it arrives.
For what system did you purchase Eternal Sonata? Hmmmmmm?

Archived