Home

Oversized Hilts

Pwnzor326

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they were made too be realistic they would look outdated in a couple of years.

Its less of them being outdated, and more of computers themselves constantly being out of date.

WoW may have a cartoonish art style, but its an art style that hass lasted them like, 5 years and on 8 million computers.

Having Kotor 1 style graphics would be great, but even my rig can lag out at high graphics in a decent sized fire fight. In WoW I could fight a flaming demi-god with 40 other people at 30 frames per second.

The models are still early concept guys......but I admit it kinda looks cool that way you can actually see the detail of the lightsaber.

The other screen shots look totally awesome, very lush environment's with good detail, the game developers are heading in a good direction :)

• 3 months later...
i like the big lightsabers maybe there will be a quest to go forge your lightsaber and you will get to make your lightsber how you want it.

i think i will have the little thorn at the end of mine with a green blade!!!!

A good level of customisation of the hilts is one thing I am really hoping for - and I know others are too, and it would seem quite essential for an MMO with any level of individuality. But the outsize issue is a big problem in my view, as they just look ridiculous - or, rather, looked. They appear a little better in more recent shots.

Nice bump.

:lol:

• 1 month later...
A good level of customisation of the hilts is one thing I am really hoping for - and I know others are too, and it would seem quite essential for an MMO with any level of individuality. But the outsize issue is a big problem in my view, as they just look ridiculous - or, rather, looked. They appear a little better in more recent shots.

We all know that one's lightsaber is a personal design/representation of the wielder. With that in mind, I'd love it if we can design our own hilts for ourselves and others to see.

If they can implement some sort of copyright/ownership file server, one can share their design with others, so long as the original designer gives permission.

A made saber and gives a copy to B. C likes B's saber and wants a copy, but has to go ask A. A no stealing policy that should encourage modders, don't ya think?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I want it on my belt as well, no /emote /ponder, with a hilt moving through my face while i scratch my chin hehe :)
That was another thing I was happy to see at the E3 demo, the lightsabers were on your belt when you weren't using them. When the Sith equipped 2 sabers at the end, one of them was on each side of his waist. Glad they finally got that right, was annoying in KotOR always holding it.

Holy smokes, that's big! But the lightsaber hilts don't really bother me, what bothers me is the sort of cartoony style graphics they've picked for this game. I want the more realistic style graphics from the first game, where the characters actually looked like real people! This kinda worries me...

Holy smokes, that's big! But the lightsaber hilts don't really bother me, what bothers me is the sort of cartoony style graphics they've picked for this game. I want the more realistic style graphics from the first game, where the characters actually looked like real people! This kinda worries me...

I thought they were going with the "we want everyone's computer to be able to play it" deal. Some people still got issues with the KotORs.

They are never going to be able to make it run on everyones computer but at the same time they want it to run on as many as possible without sacrificing too much. It's a fine balance that they will need to get just right!

Archived