Home

Where was the Endar Spire going?

jamestl2

And why was Revan aboard it?

I know the game needed someplace to start, but I'm speaking from a storyline perspective.

Some of the characters (like Trask) mention that Bastila was in charge of "the mission". What was that mission?

There were no star maps on Taris, and Revan didn't know of their existence at the time due to amnesia (all Revan remembered was fighting Bastila).

(OK, yeah, sorry about the wrong forum there, I was thinking general KOTOR, not just III and TSO ;))

So essentially it was just a "random ship" over a random world (Taris) chosen by the Jedi to set Revan in motion?

If so, did they have any reason for going to Taris then? (Or whatever the intended destination was.) And also how did the Jedi know Darth Malak and the Sith were going to ambush it?

Plus I'm not sure how the other soldiers would really feel about being apart of a "sacrificial" mission (Well, depending on what the Jedi told them the "mission" was, that is).

(Just started a new game, and...)

The opening craw states something along the lines of "A Jedi battle fleet engages Darth Malak to halt the Sith's Galactic Domination".

Doesn't explain why it was there in the first place though. I wonder if it will be elaborated upon.

They might have been on their way to dantooine when Malak ambushed them. Or they might have been on a mission to taris itself.

I believe the Council had already did their trick with Revan's mind by the time he awoke. He was just supposed to have awakened on the Academy, so I believe that the Endar Spire might have been indeed ambushed.

Four thousand years before

the rise of the Galactic

Empire, the Republic verges

on collapse. DARTH MALAK,

last surviving apprentice of

the Dark Lord Revan, has

unleashed an invincible

Sith armada upon an

unsuspecting galaxy.

Crushing all resistance,

Malak's war of conquest

has left the Jedi Order

scattered and vulnerable

as countless Knights fall in

battle, and many more

swear allegiance to the new

Sith Master.

In the skies above the Outer

Rim world of Taris, a Jedi

battle fleet engages the

forces of Darth Malak in a

desperate effort to halt the

Sith's galactic domination…

I think that that should answer your question.

Is it just me, or do you guys think that it is a little bit stupid that one Republic flagship was sent to overrun a planet infested/conquered with Sith?

Is it just me, or do you guys think that it is a little bit stupid that one Republic flagship was sent to overrun a planet infested/conquered with Sith?

1. The crawl should answer your question, as well. It clearly says a Jedi battle fleet. Implying more than one ship.

2. There's no evidence suggesting that the Endar Spire was a flagship in any sense of the word. In fact, knowing the Jedi, they would probably intentionally place Revan and his 'guardian' Jedi on a ship of relatively low standing in the fleet.

As for the mission the Endar Spire was on, it could have been as simple as a supply run, or a patrol of the Republic border territories. We don't know the composition of the rest of the fleet she was with, nor of the condition of the war-time borders.

1. The crawl should answer your question, as well. It clearly says a Jedi battle fleet. Implying more than one ship.

That is very true. Sorry. I doubt that there was more than one Hammerhead class cruiser...

2. There's no evidence suggesting that the Endar Spire was a flagship in any sense of the word. In fact, knowing the Jedi, they would probably intentionally place Revan and his 'guardian' Jedi on a ship of relatively low standing in the fleet.

Hammerhead-Class Cruiser

Battle of Taris

According to this wookie article, it does not mention that there were other ships present. We can really only infer.

As for the mission the Endar Spire was on, it could have been as simple as a supply run, or a patrol of the Republic border territories. We don't know the composition of the rest of the fleet she was with, nor of the condition of the war-time borders.

It clearly states in the opening crawl that the Endar Spire "engages the forces of Darth Malak in a desperate effort to halt the Sith's galactic domination…" There was no supply run or patrol.

As for the war time borders, we don't know about them.

Another thing to think about....why don't we see any more Republic escape pods on the surface of Taris. If there were more than one ship, there would most likely be more escape pods launched with means that there should be more than just several escape pods on the surface of Taris....just some food for thought.

I still see no mention of the Endar Spire being a flagship of any kind. Closest term I see is Capital ship, which =/= flagship. But I guess my comment about this was a minor terminology thing that I picked up on more than anything. It's not really important, even by our nit picky, fan-boy standards. :p

And simply because the crawl says that the fleet was engaging Malak's doesn't mean they were sent there to do so. In fact, Carth said as much, saying that "[they] didn't choose that battle, anyway, it got forced on [them]". They could very well have been on a supply run or patrol, and been ambushed.

As far as Wookiepedia's lack of mention of other ships is concerned; not only is Wookiepedia one of the least credible sources out there, but it can by no means retcon information from the game itself - which clearly states that a fleet was engaged in the battle of Taris.

Also remember that we only see a minuscule part of Taris. The entire planet could have been riddled with escape pods, easily.

Another thing to think about....why don't we see any more Republic escape pods on the surface of Taris. If there were more than one ship, there would most likely be more escape pods launched with means that there should be more than just several escape pods on the surface of Taris....just some food for thought.

Aren't you forgetting about the escape pods that crashed on the Undercity? We only manage to see one, but there are certainly others around, as stated by the dwellers and Lower City gang members. There's also the crewmembers found on Zelka's Clinic. He says that on the aftermath of the battle, "people started secretly bringing them [the republics] here [the clinic]."

The same can be said of the Jedi battle fleet. We only get to see one cruiser, but that doesn't mean there aren't others - they're simply implicit. And by the time the initial cutscene starts, the battle seems to be ending. We may notice that on the way the Endar Spire looks damaged.

I think you're forgetting that the entire planet is one big city - and we only get to play in a very small part of it. Not all of the escape pods would have landed in the area that we get to see...

I still see no mention of the Endar Spire being a flagship of any kind. Closest term I see is Capital ship, which =/= flagship. But I guess my comment about this was a minor terminology thing that I picked up on more than anything. It's not really important, even by our nit picky, fan-boy standards. :p

Yes. Looking back on it, I guess that it was just a minor terminology disagreement. :lol:

And simply because the crawl says that the fleet was engaging Malak's doesn't mean they were sent there to do so. In fact, Carth said as much, saying that "[they] didn't choose that battle, anyway, it got forced on [them]". They could very well have been on a supply run or patrol, and been ambushed.

True, but logically (or in my logic, lol) why would a Republic ship be that close to Taris on a supply run? A planet overrun by the Sith and is obviously a base planet for them. That is just me though. I guess that I should say this again..."desperate effort to halt the Sith's galactic domination".

But doesn't Trask say something about being ambushed by the Sith...some of it doesn't make sense though...

As far as Wookiepedia's lack of mention of other ships is concerned; not only is Wookiepedia one of the least credible sources out there, but it can by no means retcon information from the game itself - which clearly states that a fleet was engaged in the battle of Taris.

Do you know of any other Star Wars databases other than Star Wars Databank and wookiepedia?

Also remember that we only see a minuscule part of Taris. The entire planet could have been riddled with escape pods, easily.

Very true.

Aren't you forgetting about the escape pods that crashed on the Undercity? We only manage to see one, but there are certainly others around, as stated by the dwellers and Lower City gang members. There's also the crewmembers found on Zelka's Clinic. He says that on the aftermath of the battle, "people started secretly bringing them [the republics] here [the clinic]."

The same can be said of the Jedi battle fleet. We only get to see one cruiser, but that doesn't mean there aren't others - they're simply implicit. And by the time the initial cutscene starts, the battle seems to be ending. We may notice that on the way the Endar Spire looks damaged.

Yes. One guy can't remember everything at 10 o'clock at night though. :lol:

I'm thinking the same as the Doctor, and had always assumed that Taris fell under Sith control only after the Space Battle that took place at the beginning. And the power and gov't transferring all happened while Revan was unconscious for the past few days, giving them time to prepare.

This was the reason why they declared Martial Law and later destroyed the planet, to search for Bastila and Co. and then later prevent them from escaping.

Also, when the opening crawl states "In the skies above the Outer Rim world of Taris.....", why would they attempt to halt the Sith's domination above Taris at that point in time, being that they were ambushed?

Plus it doesn't specifically say where the ship was heading beforehand, just that they engaged in a battle (presumably because of the ambush), and the Jedi decided to try and stop them right then and there.

No, I have to say that I disagree with that. Remember that the Sith had quarantined the planet in order to prevent Bastila from escaping. I myself doubt that the Sith could have put at least a million soldiers on the planet in just a few days. I guess that the opening crawl text is a little vague.

That is just my opinion though...

It's possible the sith were in the middle of takeing over Taris and the Spire and whatever fleet it may have had was the closest ship to Taris. the Spire may have been going to Taris to counter the Sith attack. Malak may have somehow found out Bastila was on the Spire and knew where the Spire was going so he set the Ambush above Taris

Archived