Home

Your Favourite Planets!

Sabretooth

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mandalore would be an AWESOME planet to see, especially in this time era. Also, I would like to revisit some planets and see how the exile and Revan effected them in the long run. Some new planets would be cool too, since we've seen a lot of these old ones already. I don't know, being an MMO it could be HUGE and have more planets than almost any star wars game yet! (almost meaning the RTS Star Wars Games = P)

I'd say Coruscant (though for it to be depicted in all its glory is near impossible), Rhen Var (I'd love to see that planet in better use), Dantooine, Manaan, Naboo (though, it'd probably still be a fledgling colony then), Tatooine, and Taris.

I'd say Coruscant (though for it to be depicted in all its glory is near impossible), Rhen Var (I'd love to see that planet in better use), Dantooine, Manaan, Naboo (though, it'd probably still be a fledgling colony then), Tatooine, and Taris.

As it looks to be the Imperial HQ for the game, I would have liked to see a huge Coruscant map - but you are probably right. Still hoping that the map sizes generally will be much larger than those in KotOR. Rhen Var would be great, too.

I wonder what the likelihood of seeing worlds of the Chiss Ascendancy (Csilla, etc.) would be, considering the timeframe? I would like to have a wander around them, though.

Based on the comic-thingy, looks like Alderaan will get a look-in here, which would be good.

As it looks to be the Imperial HQ for the game, I would have liked to see a huge Coruscant map - but you are probably right. Still hoping that the map sizes generally will be much larger than those in KotOR. Rhen Var would be great, too.

I wonder what the likelihood of seeing worlds of the Chiss Ascendancy (Csilla, etc.) would be, considering the timeframe? I would like to have a wander around them, though.

Based on the comic-thingy, looks like Alderaan will get a look-in here, which would be good.

Actually, information on the site suggests that although the Sith bombed Coruscant into submission, it remains in Republic hands, though shots of the Sith capital (which is probably Korriban), certainly draw similarities to the Imperial Palace from the EU.

Actually, information on the site suggests that although the Sith bombed Coruscant into submission, it remains in Republic hands, though shots of the Sith capital (which is probably Korriban), certainly draw similarities to the Imperial Palace from the EU.

Ah - I had assumed that Palace was a Coruscant shot - mainly due to those same EU references. I just hope they don't use the 'bombing into submission' as an excuse for a really small Coruscant map - it really deserves something massive. So does Korriban, really. And Kashyyyk. And...oh okay half the planets ever mentioned in Star Wars deserve huge maps, but those few in particular!

ORD MANTELL

It kicked azz on shadows of the empire.

Ord Mantell...I've only really come across it in JKA, but I remember being quite impressed with it...

There's a thing - I wonder if the Malachor system will make any appearance in TOR? You'd think that since it was a pivotal point in TSL it may be.
True, but seems like so far BioWare and the SWTOR team have completely ignored the existence and any events occurring in TSL.

True, but seems like so far BioWare and the SWTOR team have completely ignored the existence and any events occurring in TSL.

I had been thinking that too, but I wasn't able to remember why I thought it! :xp:

I suppose in some ways it is understandable that BioWare would want to define what was initially their product without having to pay service to another company, but all the same it would be a pity if some things from TSL were excluded on that basis - in terms of planets particularly, the likes of the Malachor system, the revived Telos, Onderon, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd say Coruscant (though for it to be depicted in all its glory is near impossible)

QFT; it's probably the reason Coruscant appears in few Star Wars games, infact I can't recall a game that lets you really explore any part of Coruscant :snear: or maybe I've just missed out. :p I'm not filled with confidence in Bioware - especially after the mass copy n' pastage of Mass Effect.

I'd quite like to see Ithor in the game, I think theres plenty of history, room for role playing and story - what Bioware has been blowing their bagpipes about.

You can't have an MMO with the Sith as a faction without there being Korriban really. Saying that, I doubt they'll throw planets in their if theres only one reason to have it - while I liked Taris I can't see any point of it being in TOR.

I'd be happy for Bioware to make some stuff up since its quite a blank period of the SW timeline. Though I have a hatred of tatooine :whacked:

I love urban locations and skyscraper worlds, so Coruscant is a must for me (and honsetly, I can't imagine this MMO without it). Nar Shaddaa rocked in TSL and gives tons of possibilities for bounty hunting missions so it would be lovely to see it too. But the most interesting could be bringing back Taris. 300 years have passes which is enough time to see this planet stand on it's feet. This could be an under-(re)construction location, with some parts of the city fully rebuilded, and some parts sill in ruins, reminding what has happened 300 years ago. Exploring the ruins of the city would be hella lot of fun esp if there we could find some stuff from the K1 era buried in it.

Definitely would want to see Ziost, I'm kind of sick of Korriban even thought we know it will be featured in TOR. Definitely do not want to see Tatooine. The most over-used planet in Star Wars ever.

Definitely do not want to see Tatooine. The most over-used planet in Star Wars ever.

Well that's true. It's usually over-heavily featured, with relatively little of note.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to be incredibly geeky and try to approximately match the planet positions in Tommycat's post to the Galactic Map...allowing for new planets, of course. :D

QFT; it's probably the reason Coruscant appears in few Star Wars games, infact I can't recall a game that lets you really explore any part of Coruscant :snear: or maybe I've just missed out.

It appears in the old Obi-Wan game, you can explore a bit in the Phantom Menace PS1 game and finally the longest level in Jedi Power Battles (ohhh how I love this game) is Corucant, in fact the level was sooo big (for the PS1) that it had to be split into 2 parts, halfway through there was a loading screen.

TBH, the timeline is wide open, I'd say there's more of a chance of it being in ToR than another period.

Ohh and I also share your hatred for Tatooine lol.

mandalore, definatley. and the mandalorians should wear beskar'gam for once in a game time

Beskar'gam Just means "Iron Skin" in Mando'a, any armor worn by Mandalorians throughout history is Beskar'gam. Beskar is a very strong Mandalorian Iron but the name is simply Mando'a for their Iron. From the Crusaders through to the armor in this game and on to the Death watch is Beskar'gam.

Kote Mand'alor! Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Archived