Home

My problem with it being an MMO

Pikmin

the ONLY problem i have with K3 bing an mmo is that in 20-30 years I'll be able to come back and load up K1/TSL but the TOR servers will no longer be available. I hope that they'll eventually make a SP-RPG version.

I wish they had decided to make a SPRPG but still have the same amount of content and plan to support and keep adding content for years.

In 20-30 years it will be unlikely that technology will still support the discs ANY game came out on today. Unless you mean find an old dustbucket computer and run it on that. but I find this unlikly as well as it's pretty hard to get some of those old 80's Macs.

Agreed.

In 30 years, Kotor and such will be like a free download games on Gametap or something. So old that it doesn't warrant a buy anymore, and the only way to get it to work on your computer is through an edited copy off of a game site.

Yes, because I routinely play Pong

pong.png

Actually, people do still play Pong - but not the original Pong. It was a coin-operated arcade game. I have absolutely no doubt that there will be interest in playing the KotOR games 30 years from now, and that emulation will be able to handle it in software easily. But OP's point is good: if the software doesn't work without a server, being able to emulate the software isn't going to do any good if you can't emulate the server too.

Is there any way we can make a petition and send it to Lucas Arts, I don't mind if they make an MMO, if they also make a SP KotOR III.

I don't think LF wants anything official, but you can do whatever you want on your own (such as email LA/Bioware, and express your thoughts on the matter).

Archived