Home

Is anyone working on new missions?

CrisG

Thanks Wildstar, i am gathering the modding tools and resources available and the existing campaigns and missions in an archive now, and wanted to be sure to include any new work. We have some classics that have been made but it is getting hard to find some of them, so I wanted to move on this quickly.

• 1 month later...
There was an attempt to piece together an unofficial expansion that would've continued the Azzameen story, but that project has died in the water (at least for now).

Unfortunately so at the moment. :( I think we're all busy with other things such as University courses and life in general. I'd still like to carry it on but it would need the others involved ideally due to the scale of it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Viper, i will keep an eye out, much appreciate the word on that. I hope there maybe a chance (meybe in the long vac?) for work on the campaign...sounds great :)

Viper as long as you were /were/may be here....

i have dl your The Expanse Conflict, Backwater Threats, and Return to Airam....

do we need any special ships for these? i saw the DL ship list you recommend and wondered if there are any ships we need to add . thanks for the campaigns.

• 2 weeks later...

I really depends on the others and mainly Will (The 95 Headhunter) who started it off in the first place. It's probably a little too big for one person to do themselves successfully. I'll be starting my own XWA stuff though once my current BoP campaign is done, well if Freespace 2 doesn't draw me away totally by then.

The modded .exe for my XvT stuff just resets the starfighter stats to the same level as in Tie Fighter. I set out to stop the Tie Advanced being destroyed by just one advanced missile hit when the player was in control but I ended up altering the rest of the starfighters as well to match Tie Fighter. You don't need it installed to play but it may make some missions harder or easier, other than that no extra ships are needed.

ah very interesting. I look forward to hearing more, that sounds like a very intriguing adjustment and one that would enhance the play a lot. Thanks for that info. I am glad to see you and others continue to work on these fine games, they really are very well done in so many ways.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey people,

First post having just found some free time in my life to look at possibly (and I say possibly because who knows when this free time disappears) getting back into the game (lightly though - no late nights for me) and I noticed this post.

I created at least one Tour of Duty for the original X-Wing game that I think would transfer very well into the expanded ships of the XWA game and I think had at least half of another TOD done.

Now I don't know my way around the XWA editor nearly well enough - I don't think I've got past a basic mission in the in-game editor before - but I gave the old X-Wing Editors a huge slice of my time years ago. And the bonus is I charted and wrote out all the missions on paper (with pen believe it or not - that's how long ago this was part of my life) so I can easily write them up into documents and hand them over to someone who knows how to create the missions themselves.

Happy to collaborate with someone/or more than one person - to give you constant gamers a chance to have something new to have a go at - and I'm as interested in the layers of the story you play as the gameplay.

So if anyone wants to have a crack at this stuff - get me on email wdnicolson@optusnet.com.au to talk about my options and if anyone is keen to have a go at this project that I know there is no way I could do on my own - as I just don't have the time to master the editor and then create the missions myself.

Cheers,

Warrick Nicolson

Hi Warrick

You should find the AlliED editor to your liking...it can be found @ http://www.troyed.com/x-wing

Installed the game downloaded the editors then realised that my joystick's game port does not go into my laptop... and my alternative Desktop PC may not have the juice to run Alliance well enough atm.

Will try the X-Wing CD patch to see if I can get that to run on the laptop as I always preferred the mouse over the joystick anyway.

Still happy to pass the missions text/story along though for either game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
How is your project going? Would very much like to hear. thanks

hey Cris

didn't get any interest from a mission creator so haven't really looked into it.

given I can't run Alliance without a joystick - haven't put the time aside to look at the xwingcd alternative.

apologies but if someone wants to put the hard yards in and create the missions I can give them the storylines and concepts for the mission setup/layout.

Archived