Home

Fable 2

JediAthos

Anyone else picked up and played it? I picked up the limited edition and I'm really enjoying it so far. I think there's a much better balance between melee, ranged, and magic in this game than in the first. Plus with the limited edition you get some nifty looking Halo armor, and a sword that looks like an energy sword :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got my copy in the mail and now am insanely jealous and rage filled that I don't get me an energy sword. :carms:

I'm about four hours into it. Seems like a step in the right direction from the first, and I enjoyed the first. The camera can be wonky sometimes though. Especially as a child.

I hated Fable with a passion.

I disliked the way the PC appearance changed, I hated the conversation system. I did not even like the story enough to even complete the game.

I’m guessing I am ¾ though Fable 2, and while I still dislike the appearance changes and the conversation system, I cannot stop playing. Sure I found a few minor glitches (I did not download the addon yet, because I heard it caused problems), but overall the entire experience has been enjoyable.

The conversation system is really an expression system. While that annoys me, some of the expressions are really funny. Sometimes this can lead to trouble when a NPC following you around and you accidentally give one the “thumps up” at the wrong time. My female PC now has a daughter to show for her mistake. She also got a dead beat husband whose occupation is village drunk.

The combat system is alright. Lots of one button mashing, but by alternating between melee, range and magic this handicap can be overcome.

The story seems very good, the scenery is nice, but like Boba Rhett wrote the camera angles can look weird once in awhile.

Don’t like the way the NPC or the PC look. Right now, my PC is on a diet of celery only to get rid of the bulge and she has a strange glow. She runs everywhere, but still ends up getting fat. Unsure if the glow is from her use of magic (Will) or if she caught a STD from one of those misdirected “thumps up” expressions.

Had all kinds of money last night when I started playing. In a usual RPG, that is the point in the game when you start making more money than you can ever spend. However, do to some poor investments (because I lowered the rent too low) and a over generous allowance my PC was chopping wood the last hour to feed her kid.

Overall I’d say it is a very good game. Fable 2 is not perfect, but it is suppressing my craving to play a RPG type game cheaper than buying a new computer.

Wait... you can get STDs in this game? What is this, real life? I heard of the "grading" of performance during sex in this game, but this is a bit too realistic. If I'd want to play a game like that, I'd play something else... >_>
It says in the booklet you can, but I have no idea if it is true or not.

I will verify that you can kick a chicken though and it is an achievement. :xp:

You can get STDs :xp:

And I love the second Fable. The first one was brilliant, and I think the second one is just as good... but this time it's got more stuff.

The first one was a little messy... the second one's more ... 'neat'.

I have terrible ways of describing things, I know.

But apart from that, I haven't found the game to be buggy at all. My person got stuck once, but that's because I jumped off the edge of something into somewhere where you're not supposed to be able to jump lol.

You can get STDs :xp:

Huh, that's... great, actually! Are there condoms or, I dunno, er-- magical-- uh, protectors (?) to avoid getting contaminated?

Thanks for the testimony, Mimartin. Your case is just what I asked for. After the shock that was when I first played fable, I never thought I would get the sequel; I was so hyped and the game pushed me to the hard reality. I'm considering getting this one now.

Just saw a video of the whole... ah... sexual relationship.

Best menu option ever in a video game:

"Do you wish to have sex here?"

A) Protected Sex

B) Unprotected Sex

*Screen fades to black*

Several erotic noises later...

"I hope you want to be a dad, because there's a little one on the way."

:whacked:

Huh, that's... great, actually! Are there condoms or, I dunno, er-- magical-- uh, protectors (?) to avoid getting contaminated?
You can purchase condoms. :brow:

You just have to purchase them before you get the options PastramiX describes. Otherwise, your only choice is unprotected. That is how my PC got her little bundle of joy. :fist:

I love it, I also loved the first one. The only problem I have with it, and many other games lately, there's no PC version at the moment.
Not yet, but I am pretty sure we will see one (might be Vista exclusive though as it is published by Microsoft).

They`re just waiting for the console exclusivity period to end IMHO...they`ve got to boost those console sales first...after that, they'll move to the "Vista" sales, which is guaranteed if the game is successful.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/fable_2/news-9516.html

When asked if it might be the case that a PC version will turn up later, Molyneux replied: "You see you said all the maybes and mights there, I'll leave that with you! But these are the sorts of things as you can imagine I get into an enormous amount of trouble for. I have to be very careful!"
He sounds pretty much like a guy who has signed an NDA :p

Does anyone know what the STD do ? Does it affect the characther in any way ? When i looked at me profile i noticed i had got STD once (Damm wife giving me that when i wanted to get a baby^^), but i didn't even notice it until i saw it on the characther profile.

And otherwise i think the game is great, played almost the whole day and i haven't even done anything usefull at all, just running around and doing random stuff like exploring and side missions.

Does anyone know what the STD do ?

I don't know, but my PC monogamous relationship with her drunken husband has given her 4. I believe it lowers the purity stat as that has taken a nose dive since she has gotten the STDs. However, that is just guess work at this time.

Archived