Home

Fable 2

JediAthos

Yeah, I've played it and enjoying so far. I love how they finally made it possible to walk on the field freely instead of being restricted to an outrageously small path. So far, the only amazing feat I've done was jumping from a waterfall.

And if I can't leave my children with the ex-wife, I'll get mad.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*Kidnapps mimartin's Dog*
So that is where Nero went. :cry8:

Well I've completed the main quest and while I believe there was something missing from the ending, I’d still say it is one of the better video games I’ve played (it just isn’t Mass Effect). Although some choices in Fable 2 remind me of Bring Down the Sky, which is a very good thing to me.

I really believe if I would have slowed down and done some other quest and jobs during the last third of the game it would have been more enjoyable. However, the story was so compelling to me I could not slow down. While you can continue with your PC once you finished the main quest, due to my utter discuss with her looks (the lines are Will lines from magic) I choice to start a new male PC and that PC will forgo the use of magic. This time I’m going to take my time and really explore the world. I'm going for a completely pure and good PC, which means I will be eating a lot of vegetables. :D

And if I can't leave my children with the ex-wife, I'll get mad.
I wouldn’t worry too much about that. ;)

I got the Limited Edition version, and enjoyed the game a lot until the end. There's three endings, and the only difference between them is about 4 lines of dialog and the result of your decision. Everything you do in the game doesn't mean squat. You get to the end and pick a card. That's it. I considered replaying as a good hero, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I traded for Fallout 3.

So what ? Then it's like 99% of all the rest RPGs out there, usaly the ending don't change depending on your decisions earlier in the game, but you can usaly choose some diffrent and it seems to be the same in Fable2 then.

I seem to have problem with my wifes keeps leaving me, even when the bars say they happy. Think it's a bug or something, i can go out on a mission and when i get back they leave me:(

Everything you do in the game doesn't mean squat. You get to the end and pick a card. That's it.
Oh yea, try finding buried treasure without your dog. :xp:

I seem to have problem with my wifes keeps leaving me, even when the bars say they happy.
Are you saying you have more than one wife at a time? If so, it is not all that uncommon for one to leave you for polygamy.

If you have only one at a time and she still leaves you, then was she really happy? Did she complain about the house or ask for a gift? Was not only the romance high, but her opinion of your appearance and your humor? Remember that the NPC opinion matters, just because you have them all on the good side does not mean she wants them there. She may like fat men or humorless men. ;)

I've borrowed this from a friend to see if I like it enough to buy it... and I do.

I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Mass Effect... (but not as much as Mass Effect, before you jump on me mim :p)

I really like everything about it - the characters, the locations, and especially the clothing options (I like 18th Century fashion :p).

Awesome!

@mimartin: I googled it and it seems there is a bug, think it's already been fixed but i don't have my xbox hooked up to live at the moment, so thats probaly the problem

And all the meters were high, and in the info it said she was happy with the house and upkeep, and it have been both when i only have had one wife or when i had have more, so like i said probaly the bug ^^

Are on my second runthourgh now, first time i played evil now im playing a good female, but she dosen't look so good ^^ Have colured the cloths black and have a eyelap:)

@mimartin: I googled it and it seems there is a bug, think it's already been fixed but i don't have my xbox hooked up to live at the moment, so thats probaly the problem

I had it happen too with a male PC. Funny I wish it would have happened with my female PC as I wanted to get rid of her drunken deadbeat husband.

Finished my second playthrough, the first time I went with Love (stupid of me), but the second time through I went with Sacrifice. The ending had a way bigger impact on me than I suspected. I took my time with the ending and listen carefully to all the conversations (I rushed the first time). The story is excellent IMO.

Trying to decide now if I want to go through Fable 2 again or if I want to play Fallout 3, decisions, decisions…

I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Mass Effect... (but not as much as Mass Effect, before you jump on me mim :p)
Who? You need to stop listening to Achilles unfounded accusations about me and my overstated Mass Effect fanboyism. Those accusations simply are not true and are disparaging to my good non-bias name. :xp:

My dog finds all my condoms for me. They're buried everywhere.

Sure they aren't used? :p

I pre-ordered Fable 2 pretty soon after the pr-ordering system was put up :p I had been waiting for it for about 3 years, ever since i played the first.

Thats the time i like to call the Dark Ages. *rocks back and forth*

To be honest, i love everything about this new Fable, except the story. In my opinion its a bit dull when compared to the first fable and TLC. I mean, i loved Jack of Blades, he was the perfect baddie. The way he was so terrifying and his voice gave me the shivers.

In Fable 2, there really isn't anything like that. But nonetheless, its still enjoyable.

Decided to check out Bloodstone when i got the chance first time round. Ended up in bed with a woman.

Turned out to be Sam the wh*re.

Thats not really good when your sisters called Sam is it?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else complete Gargoyles quest? :D

I was really upset with the prize until I looked behind the chest.

The Archaeologist side quest ticks me off because

you can only complete it after defeating Lucien, so the only way you can only complete is by choosing Love so that you still have a dog.

:(

Spoilers ahead. Please don't read if you don't want to spoil your excitement for Fable 2.

I have played throughout Fable II, and I do have some positive and negative critic.

Let's start with the positive part. When I've pre-ordered Fable 2 and actually got it, I couldn't wait to play. So, I played. The "prologue", or let's say, childhood, is one hell of a nice beginning. Everything seemed to be alright.

Now, cast childhood aside, I began with my adolescent part. And then again, everything seemed alright. I was suprised, actually. The area seemed nice, which is in this case Bowerstone Lake. I didn't know the game mechanics would be so much better, compared to the previous Fable games. That is, if it comes to the spell selector, and certain other functions.

In the meantime, the quests were fun, but sometimes confusing. I didn't know how the controls were about, but I figured it out soon enough. Then, when entering Adulthood, I was even more suprised.

Literally everything until now was perfect, IMO. I think Lionhead has done his/her job very well.

Now, onto the clothing part. I really, and I mean really like the idea of having clothes without any armour/benefits. It makes all armour ingame unique, which is nice, unlike Fable I/TLC.

I didn't like the idea of having benefits when equipping armour, because, without any suprise, people would've equipped the same armour, no doubt.

Another nice idea of Lionhead are the Dyes. To be even more specific, the Dyes are the best idea made up by PM. You can, literally, customize every piece of clothing you have, with a few limited exceptions.

If it comes to the Spell selector, the bad part, is that I didn't like the mechanics of the Spell selector. It was way too confusing to me, back when I played it for the first time. Fortunately, I've already figured it out.

About the Characters. I like some characters in Fable 2. The one I love the most is Theresa. She is, as usual, very mysterious. And as you could notice; she does have her evil side. I believe she will be the possible protagonist in the next serie, or expansion. She said the spire would be her after all; who knows?

Another character I liked is Garth. I'm a huge Mage fan, and I will always be. His personality just fits mine, and I guess that's my reason for this statement. Now, the last character I would like to add is Hammer. She's maybe a person who talks a lot, but I wouldn't mind it at all. Reaver is the worst of 'em all, IMO.

In overall; Fable 2 is awesome. No wonder it was listed as Nr.1 in the Top 10 chart of October.

I expected Fable 2 to be so much more, but to me it feels like a buffed up version of the original with the exception that now you have a dog that doesn't poop. (thank goodness)

But it has its few good points:

-More choices

-better visuals

-Guns own

And I think thats about it

Well, i actually think the story in Fable1 was more intressing then the one in Fable2, but Fable2 is overall a better game. They improved all the things in Fable2

And i though Reaver was kind of gay first time you meet him, but later on he turned out to be a very intressing charather

He destroyed Oalvale just to stay young and keep sacrificing people to stay young, and then he tricks the hero into sacrificing his youth(If playing good). The showoff he had when leaving they cave was also pretty funny, and later he shoot Lucios during his evil end speach. He is evil, and you maybe don't like him, but calling him a bad characther just seems wrong to me

The highlight for me about Reaver is that he's voiced by Stephen Fry :D

QFT. The voice casting were brilliant choices, especially Theresa. I thought i was watching My Family when the fable 2 advert first game on.

My favourite part of the game was the maps. In F1/TLC i could walk everywhere blindfolded they were so linear, yet even now i still get lost in the wilderness maps.

If you view this as a sequel, in my opinion its good, but yet again overhyped. But if this was released as a standalone game it would have an even greater than impact than when Fable came out.

I got fable 2 or 3 weeks ago already completed it twice but it's great game so i like the fighting system i like the clothing and pretty much everything is good about game except rwo things and that is i want a long bow so i can feel like robin hood if you ask me coolest ranged weapon ever is the bow also they made the evil one in this game worse Lucien is not even scary if you compare to Jack of Blades

I got fable 2 or 3 weeks ago already completed it twice but it's great game so i like the fighting system i like the clothing and pretty much everything is good about game except rwo things and that is i want a long bow so i can feel like robin hood if you ask me coolest ranged weapon ever is the bow also they made the evil one in this game worse Lucien is not even scary if you compare to Jack of Blades

Jack of Blades is one of the worst villians/bosses ever, and don't even get me started on the Dragon in The Lost Chapters.

Archived