Home

The Ebon Hawk

jrrtoken

I was wondering, what if the Ebon Hawk was featured in the game? I'm not saying that it would be your own ship, that would be silly; You wouldn't want a million users all flying the Ebon Hawk around space. I think that the Ebon Hawk should be featured as part of a quest, almost how you had to go into the Harbinger and Goto's Yacht in KotOR II.

It would be better if the ship were lost somewhere, a mythical vessel said to be the harbinger of bad fortune, or something like that. Something that's rumoured to exist in game, and is sought out by every player in the game but is never really found.

I don't think actually including it in any way would be a good idea, or even canonically possible, given the timeline. If the Exile took it into unknown space and never returned, chances are the vessel never returned either.

After 300 years I doubt it would be in serviceable condition. The Millennium Falcon must be pushing 100 in the current post-Legacy of the Force era EU and it must surely be on its last legs. Besides, the Exile flew it off into the Unknown Regions. Coming back from there once (sans Revan) was kind of pushing it - for it to magically appear again 300 years later is a bit much. Although they've all but confirmed that HK-47 and T3-M4 are still around (unfortunately), so I can't say I would be overly surprised if it made a cameo.

The Millennium Falcon must be pushing 100 in the current post-Legacy of the Force era EU and it must surely be on its last legs.
You'd think so. But so should the characters who use it, and yet...well you probably know where things stand. :(

• 2 weeks later...

On topic:I think it should be related to a quest.

Maybe the sith council have it ?

Yeah, and then on wednesday morning or some other day when only a handful people are online, you and a dozen other players can rescue the Hawk for yourselves and be happy forever. Until the next couple of hours, when the kiddos flood the server and start magically getting copies of the ship for themselves.

Yeah, and then on wednesday morning or some other day when only a handful people are online, you and a dozen other players can rescue the Hawk for yourselves and be happy forever. Until the next couple of hours, when the kiddos flood the server and start magically getting copies of the ship for themselves.
Could be part of the scenery. As a crashed ship, torn apart, where rakghouls now make their nest. And a sign that says:

"Here was born and here passed away the Ebon Hawk: 4,000BBY - 3,900BBY".

Or something...

• 3 weeks later...
Because it was an obviously pathetic attempt to link the 2 games together?

QFT

I too have had more than enough of it. And it seemed clear that it was only used for the reason True Avery pointed out. There was potential for a decent story linking it to Revan and following him, but it seemed strained and under-used to me...

It was disappointing having the same ship twice - the nostalgia from KotOR faded just after the T3 prologue mission. And after the pounding it took in TSL, it would be really lazy-seeming to have it appear as anything more than an 'Easter-egg.'

Archived