Home

Amazing JK Outcast SP Maps

CrisG

This message has spoilers for the first level of Hoth: Imperial Base V3.0 so read only if you are through with the level.

I'm stuck playing the first level in Hoth: Imperial Base V3.0. I've been running around this level for the last 2 hours and can't get the door with the red light at the end of the first level to turn green. Is that screenshot of the TIE fighters from the first level or the second? I haven't been there yet. The farthest in the level I got was to the AT AT standing besides the big ball turret. I shot the AT AT head and made it explode. I went up the steps and into a door and killed some imps and found a secret area but couldn't find anything else to do in there. I sliced the AT AT controls that is beside where you're standing at the start of the level and the one that is beside an AT ST. I destroyed a pipe beside the elevator where the level starts and another panel that is up high on a catwalk. I've found 5 of 6 secret areas. I really need help on this level. I've been stuck on it longer than I want to tell.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok ham yoyo,if you look at the first pic that chrisg posted you have to destroy that atats controls ,slice it twice and you should see a cutscene take over where you see 4 to 5 stormtroopers open the door and come through waiting for you on there side of the chasm.the cutscene plays the second the atats controls are destroyed and you are able to proceed.

hope that helps

also with the first atat,you have to really use force jump to get up underneath it similar to what luke did in the film and toss in 1 or 2 thermal dets into the small opeing,you should see a cutscene pretty much recreating the atats head exploding from empire.once you destroy the last atats head,this is optional you can fight a rebornboss on the atats head as well as some probe droids.

Mike has it right, that should get you thru that block :)

I had the same challenges myself and had to come back and work thru it again after a time out :)

it is worth the work, and as i mentioned, we have hopes the author will return and complete the story :)

Thank you for the help. I sliced the controls of the AT ATs in the first two screenshots but the heads are still intact. I didn't know I was supposed to destroy the heads. I should had figured it out after the third AT ATs head exploded after I shot it. I haven't seen any cutscenes yet. This is a great level set and I'm glad I finally get to move on to level 2 now that I know what to do.

My goodness! I finally figured the Hoth level out. But I didn't figure it out untill I started the whole level over again. I found out on the first 2 AT ATs you just need to slice the controls because you don't have thermal detonators yet. Then the third AT AT on my first time playing the level I shot the head with my stormtrooper rifle and the head exploded but the cutscene didn't show. So I was stuck for longer than I care to say and revisiting every room in the level. But on the second time through I forced jumped up the AT ATs belly but I still was stuck because I couldn't find the small opening. But I finally remembered that Luke Skywalker cut open something with his lightsaber in The Empire Strikes Back. So I pulled my lightsaber out and started hacking away untill I sliced through the grate. I threw 2 thermal detenators in it and I finally saw the cutscene I worked so hard and waited so long for.

I then went on to play level 2 and it was awesome. The next level I'm going to play is the new Nina level for JA.

um yeah i forgot to mention the little opening has a grate on it,although i just threw a thermal det at it,i had times when i threw the saber and it manages to break in and destroy the atat inside without the cutscene.

Or i just swing up with the saber.

but its good you finally made your way through,chrisg got in touch with the author about finishing up the level ,were still hoping he will.

the new nina mod Privateer,is just spectacular!the final level just blew me away!

um yeah i forgot to mention the little opening has a grate on it,although i just threw a thermal det at it,i had times when i threw the saber and it manages to break in and destroy the atat inside without the cutscene.

Or i just swing up with the saber.

but its good you finally made your way through,chrisg got in touch with the author about finishing up the level ,were still hoping he will.

the new nina mod Privateer,is just spectacular!the final level just blew me away!

It will be nice if the author will finish the level. He did a great job on them.

I played the first level of Privateer tonight. It was awesome. The secondary objectives were cool. I read that there was a Star Destroyer level in Privateer. It is probably the last level that blew you away. I am really looking forward to it.

It is great I'm enjoying 6 and 7 year old games like JO and JA so much. They are just so well done.

yes ham yoyo it was the star destroyer level,he nailed it!,what in my mind a star destroyers interior should look like.plus the whole sp mod had a Timmothy Zahn feeling to it,Zahn wrote some of the best star wars novels.In one of his last novels he had the 501st stormtrooper ,vaders fist,resurrected and it was cool how Larry Mcbruce captured that feeling.also there was a mod i found,where you play as clones in the jedi temple killing jedi,it was good and very disturbing because the bodies of the jedi and the dead dont disappear and the other part of that mod has you again as a clone with kiad mundi,this was a beta but still good if you dont have it let me know ill post the link,its not on filefront.

I am studying some of the classic community made maps for JK O and have found some incredible ones, first one i will feature here is

Hoth: Imperial Base V3.0

THX_TK421

http://files.filefront.com/ImpHothV3pk3zip/;12195128;/fileinfo.html

Story: Kyle is sent to investigate rumors about Imperial activity at the old supposedly abandoned Hoth base we all know and love, and indeed he finds some surprises indeed.

This is one of the most amazing maps I have seen yet for either JKO or JKA, it is brilliant, exciting, well scripted, lighting is superb, cinematic in feeling and has some of the best in map features i have ever seen. I don't want to spoil anyone, but there are some wonderful easter eggs to be found herein, if you look carefully there are some ancient rebel comm machines about, listen in and you may be surprised.

It is currently hosted by one community member and I have just been given permission by THX to submitt this Level Map to the online archives in his name and so will do so forewith.

I also have an update that the author shared with me, this map is doable on Stelath mode for much of it, and indeed you can do a great deal of it without weapons, as steath is enabled. This is a rare feature and one I look foward to replaying for to see.

24664403my8.jpg

57966252la2.jpg

92998847ut5.jpg

99ra1.jpg

88cz4.jpg

endingandbeginningwu2.jpg

15667204ik2.jpg

the cut scenes are very well done including one at the end that is cimenatic production values and hints at a continuation...which i greatly hope for :)

Map Review

http://www.map-review.com/index.php?page=review_view&game=JO&id=10

this map dates from some years ago, but it holds its own with some of the finest current masters like Mercenary and others.

how do you install it ??

Download Imperial Hoth and put the pk3 file into the base folder of the game install...

Enter the game....then bring down the console by typing ~ and Shift at the same time and enter:

map imphoth_a and then press ~ to close the console ...

that should load the first map ,the 2nd will load once you finish the first.

NP Force, ys, welcome indeed Olay, great community here and we all love these remarkable games...enjoy and ask any thing that will help you....

all my links are live again for all the mods so the Imperial Hoth link will work fine.

• 2 weeks later...

"So nothing yet??"

was not sure what you were referring to.. .. the link to the pk3 files for Imperial Hoth are live again, as File Front has been restored. So all my links work again and as noted above you can install it in the base folder and play from there.

enjoy

Archived