Home

Amazing JK Outcast SP Maps

CrisG

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Force, correct and sorry that file i had up was the original source files, sorry about that guess it got swapped when i was restoring it after the semi closure of File Front. Correct file now has the link

my appologies.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Force, sorry about that, looks like a few of my archive files got deleted will restore tomorrow. Glad y ou are enjoying exploring some of these great map sets yonibibi. Enjoy and may the Force be with you! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Welcome back, Chris. :) I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. In case you might not have heard, Filefront did some re-vamping and the urls for member's pages no longer point to hosted.filefront.com, but to filefront.com/yourusername. Part of the new Filefront.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Nemesis of Katarn

LivingDeadJedi

10-18-2003

SP Map Set for Jedi Knight Outcast (JKO)

8 Custom Levels - Mods and Resources Included

78.1 MB

Download:

http://files.filefront.com/nemesisofkatarnrar/;13127301;/fileinfo.html

LivingDeadJedi is a master of both multipayer and singleplayer maps for JKO, and this map set is truly amazing. This set began as "Return of Tavion" but with the release of JKA the story line was changed a bit, and this wonderful level set was created. This is truly one of the great works so far for JKO.

You enter thru a beautiful cut scene into the Sky City of Bespin but a new Bespin we have not seen before with a whole new feel and lightness to it, beautifully created in

nemisisofkatarn2hn2.jpg

GREAT architecture and texturing. There is a custom main character and the details the unfold as you discover the story and advance into it are truly wonderful. The cutscenes are brilliantly done, of movie quality, and the dialog of the stormies and the other characters right on for its Star Wars humor and the way it moves the story along.

troopieschattingnok3sq2.jpg

you must move thru complex and beutifully rendered Sky city interiors, the detail everywhere is crafted with the hand of a master....

there is plenty of action

39531589hu3.jpg

and you are challenged by some very challenging movements you have to do, and tests and puzzles to solve.....

nemisisofkatarn1kl5.jpg

At one point you get to see the dinning room from the movie....and it seems very familar, this aids the immersion and really prepares you for the tour de force that follows...

diningroom2ig9.jpg

the section you encounter early in the level set that really amazed me was a Mall, the Planet Mall, the architecture was splendid and the author has reallly let his imagination have free rein for there are not only challenges, fights and tasks, but you get to see some wonderful nuances, details, several cantinas that are very original, a real futuristic internet cafe, a use spaceship shop with some really funny models for sale....well, i wont spoil it, but you will really have fun....

67225373ew5.jpg

you find that there is more going on that your initial mission implied and you face dangers that you had not guessed at the start....

clonehallkc9.jpg

one aspect i really enjoyed for i love the ships of SW, was a chance to fight your way onto an fully functioning and realized Imperial Shuttle, with a fully detailed and manned Control Cabin, the first I have had a chance to examine at close range...and i had a chance to see the amazing detail lavished on every aspect of this great Level set....

62359077ri1.jpg

you get to see the famous paired air cars of the Sky city....

hangarxn7.jpg

and you move thru a series of local changes, from tunnel to sky way, from dazzling views of the huge sky city exterior to intricatly rendered and beautifully crafted interior spaces....

64039862vr7.jpg

.like this beautiful long Power Confluence Hallway.....where we had a chance to have a frank exchange of differing views with a Reborn....

powerhalljz9.jpg

another feature i really enjoy about this level set is the shift of chormatic theme as well as change of pace that the author achieves....this makes the progress thru the levels constantly new and interesting and keeps the player on his or her toes visually as well as involved in the game play...

bluehallvd2.jpg

this fine set of level is, I believe, one of the finest pieces of mod work for any of the SW games and is fully equal to if not better than the original game. You have the full effect: it starts with a text crawl and the theme music, the entire map set is framed with excellent totally professional cut scenes, fullly voiced and very well carried out, fine detailing in every aspect, full testing of the players skills and abilities and a thrilling and intriguing story line.

Some of the Climactic areas are just breath taking, as intended...and you can see the full scale that this game engine can achieve....nothing short of monumental in the hands of a master level maker....

bigroomqy0.jpg

and as always, all your choices...have consequences.... :)

bigholedw7.jpg

LivingDeadJedi has truly achieved great things with this level set, and I hope you will play it soon.

This, along with some of the other fine mods, maps and levels makes up really what I think of as JK3...and if you have the chance to play this level set, i know you will find much to amaze you, to appreciate and to enjoy.

the mods doesnt work. is there another link or can you send me the mod?

also guys, im kind of a noob to this. so can you help me with something? i have downloaded the sp_mustal_prequel mod and the readme says i have to put it into a .bat file? how do i do this. i originally put the file of the level into the base folder but when i open up the game, it doesnt work? HELP!

I have Nemesis Of Katarn on my file page at Filefront, been there since last April, sorry about that!!

Nemesis Of Katarn

As for the problem with the Mustal mod, I'll look into it and get back to you with the answer.

EDIT: Okay, I found where you found this one at (JK II Classic Files). I read the readme. No wonder you were confused. The person who wrote it didn't double-check what he wrote. Put the folder that was in the .zip file in the GameData folder only, not in GameData/base. And then click on the .bat file that is inside the folder. If it still refuses to load up, put the .bat file in GameData instead and it should start up (I hope). Let me know if you get it working.

I have Nemesis Of Katarn on my file page at Filefront, been there since last April, sorry about that!!

Nemesis Of Katarn

As for the problem with the Mustal mod, I'll look into it and get back to you with the answer.

EDIT: Okay, I found where you found this one at (JK II Classic Files). I read the readme. No wonder you were confused. The person who wrote it didn't double-check what he wrote. Put the folder that was in the .zip file in the GameData folder only, not in GameData/base. And then click on the .bat file that is inside the folder. If it still refuses to load up, put the .bat file in GameData instead and it should start up (I hope). Let me know if you get it working.

thanks. oh btw this a great forum site. i feel like you guys are already welcoming me in . this is great!

oh btw, the Nemesis of Katarn file comes in a .rar file. ??? how do i get it to open or have it as a zip folder?

• 2 months later...

Thank you Forceboat, sorry i have not been around to keep up support for this thread, was busy with other projects, i will review and make sure all the links work and get back to more reviews of some of the classic and really great mods.

• 3 weeks later...

These look amazing; I will give em a whirl soon.

I will try my hand at making one someday. But you gotta crawl before you can walk.

One issue I always disliked about this game is slow blaster bolt speed. I posted a thread about it (here http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204335) where I link to another thread with some unique ideas on how to achieve this effect without doing anything illegal. But I've also been told it is possible to make a MP level behave like a SP one and since just about everything in MP is moddable, it makes sense to me that if I want fast bolts in a level I make, it should be such a MP-pretending-to-be-SP map.

So the question is: Do you SP mod masters know how to do this? I'm sure it's quite messy. . .

i put the files for this current mod right into the base folder (make sure to save your saves somehwere else if you put anything into the base)..but usually you put maps and mods into the GameData folder and run them as a mod or type in the map name using the console, you can open up the pk file to get the exact name if you need to or usually it is on a good comprehensive Read Me...or some map or mod packs come with a .bat to run them with.

Er, call me a n00b, but why do I have to save elsewhere and how do I do this?

• 4 months later...

Archived