Home

US Troops Enter Syria, 8 killed.

Astor

Respect the others? Why? What's our interest in respecting Syria's borders?

because respect should abound, this is how nations should deal with one another, Syria isnt the enemy. however one should try the current cow boy policy the us government is using in case they wish for a world war. the us are not the only nation on earth, and its not the only nation that seeks its interest. now if all nations chose to seek their interests in favor of balance there will be war.

It is not just MY opinion that the Syrians failed to contain the Al-Qaeda presence inside their borders, it's the entire military chain of command believes that, and I'm inclined to trust their judgment.

I understand you're inclined to trust their judgment, but not all of us are, especially if its the judgment of the same men who have been chasing the likes of Ben Laden and Al Zawaheri since 6 years with no avail, and they're the same men who have asserted that Iraq have nuclear weapons and turned out to be lairs.

And it's not 'their problem to suffer'. They're striking across the Syrian Border. If they can't take care of it, we will. And have done so.

demand cooperation and do not strike in a land which is not yours, this is totally wrong and no political law, nor moral law justify it-- unless you seek war like I've stated above. again, the relevant question should be, why the us soldiers are still in Iraq?!!

The global stage runs on one commodity - Enlightened Self Interest. Respect, joy, and good will towards men really doesn't come into play, it's who's got the bigger muscles when the pushing contest starts. Life isn't fair. Did you think that changed when it's governments instead of individuals?

I'm not too politically naive to suggest good will toward the all, this doesn't suffice you've enlightened no one, nevertheless the "who's got the bigger muscles" policy isn't good as well, you're not living alone in this world, and by no means you have a privilege to condescend other nations. this policy wasn't that efficient for the us as well, look at the facts after 6 years of the so called "war on terrorism":

1. chaos never ceased in Iraq since the liberation/ occupation.

2. the number of the innocent dying in Iraq is constantly increasing.

3. Al Qaeda's main leaders are still free.

4. the number of the dead us soldiers are increasing.

5. the global image of the us is heavily damaged especially after horrible incidences like Abu Ghraib.

do you still think its in the us's own interest to carry on this policy?

His name is 'Bin Laden', not 'Ben Laden'. And they would be liars, not 'lairs'.

As for your final question, yes, I do. The Middle-East despises us, probably for our support of Israel. That is not likely to change, although it might be getting worse. Fear is better than love, though, so that's not a big problem. They should be terrified of us.

Spelling isn’t the subject of our discussion so I’ll skip your irrelevant notation, no offence meant though.

As for your sayings, you’ve only projected one out of five—the least important I might add. Even though you’re wrong when you chose to limit the “region of hate” to the Middle East only, because in fact most of the world hates the current “US Government” – and not the people, please note.

In my turn, I’ll ignore the chaos in Iraq and its horrible results, as well as the failure of the american policy in stopping or at least reducing terrorism. I’ll skip these points to the one dealing with the dead american soldiers, do you think your government cares about them or maybe they think of them as a “necessary sacrifice”?

It's war. I'm sure the government cares, but still thinks of them as a necessary sacrifice.

Also, I haven't noticed any terrorist attacks in the United States since the War on Terror started. Have you?

And what's your point? I don't really care if every nation on Earth despises the United States (Hardly the case anyway). Other people's perceptions of us should not be our guide.

It's war. I'm sure the government cares, but still thinks of them as a necessary sacrifice.

I agree with the last part of your statement (the government thinking that it's necessary), but I don't believe that (most) of them give a damn.

Also, I haven't noticed any terrorist attacks in the United States since the War on Terror started. Have you?

That's a faulty association, Corinthian. It's like saying that, because I've started smoking, my foot pains have gone away.

And what's your point? I don't really care if every nation on Earth despises the United States (Hardly the case anyway). Other people's perceptions of us should not be our guide.

It should guide parts of our decision- if we alienate every other nation on this planet, who will help us when that time comes?

public image isn't something to care about or not, its a matter of national security, simply because those who hates you will eventually fight you, and overrating your powers while underestimating your opponents powers --- though constantly increasing in numbers--- isn't a proper strategy.

Archived