Home

Obama Assassination Plot

jrrtoken

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/27/obama.plot/index.html

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/27/government-foils-skinhead-plot-assassinate-obama/

Federal prosecutors in Tennessee have charged two men with plotting a "killing spree" against African-Americans that would have been capped with an attempt to kill Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama.
A source in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives told FOX News that the two skinheads, who were picked up in Crockett County, Tenn., were plotting to shoot 88 black students and decapitate 14 others described as non-whites. The source said officials believe the suspects were planning to attempt an assassination against Obama.

At least the ATF is actually doing something. Although I doubt that two skinheads would have the intelligence to assassinate Obama, it's still a scary thought. Which brings us to a more broad topic: racist fanatics. Every nation has had their load of them, but we still have lots of the in the U.S.

EDIT: If you'd like to move this to the Political Discussion, be my guest.

*facepalm* ugh, I was really hoping that nothing like this would crop up, even without the Obama assassination attempt, that's just disgusting that people still think like that.

Now I await the overly lenient verdict and legal loopholeing to get them off with little punishment.

I've just been watching it on Sky News... they didn't even expect to survive or succeed in their plan... so it makes you wonder what would possess them to do such a thing.

It's disgusting nonetheless.

Also, 88 is an interesting number - it's a code for Heil Hitler, which is why it's significant for Nazis today...

Sadly, I expect to see assassination attempts on any of the Presidents nowadays, regardless of color. However, I think there's a heightened concern (rightfully so, given what's been uncovered) because there are some who are after Obama purely because he happens to have a little more melanin in his skin. Sigh.

Believe it or not, we have come a long way. When I was little (like, "28" years ago), I heard a lot more openly racist comments from people of my parents' and grandparents' generation than I hear nowadays. It doesn't mean that those comments have gone away completely, but it's certainly not socially acceptable to make racists slurs as it was during my growing-up years.

Hmmm. Intersting. I have no doubt that Obama will win the election. I still do not believe that he is the right thing for America. My opinion.
Perhaps not. However that doesn't mean that McCain is the "right thing" either and based on what he's given us to work with, we have no good reason to think that he would be.

Perhaps not. However that doesn't mean that McCain is the "right thing" either and based on what he's given us to work with, we have no good reason to think that he would be.

I am not necessarily saying that McCain is would be the "right choice" for this nation either.

Obama's agenda doesn't quite fit what I would want it to be. Neither is McCain's...

I am not necessarily saying that McCain is would be the "right choice" for this nation either.

Obama has an agenda.

As does McCain. It's really a matter of which agenda fits your personal opinions better.

However, I assume from the top part of your post that you don't exactly like McCain?

As does McCain. It's really a matter of which agenda fits your personal opinions better.

However, I assume from the top part of your post that you don't exactly like McCain?

I have to say that I am more supportive of McCain, which I have stated in other threads. I do like some of the things that Obama wants to do, but I am swaying towards McCain although I think that Obama will win this election. :/

reminds me of

heh

e: rev i swear to god if you're that kid with the baby i will not rest until you are vanquished from the internet

No Jaymac, I am not that guy. I tend to not post much about myself on the internet out of fear of being hunted down. :xp: I do believe what he said is true, BUT that is not my deciding factor.

I like how you used the word "vanquished" though. It really added that 'bang' to your statement.

Obama has an agenda.
This is like pointing out that he has a nose. Every politician has an agenda. They run on their agendas and promote their agenda as frequently as possible in the hopes of getting elected (or don't promote their agenda at all, preferring to spend their time and money trashing the other persons' agenda instead).

Unless you're insinuating that he has a hidden agenda, in which case I'd like for you to tell me what that is, how you know about it, and why I should take you at your word that this is really the case.

@topic: Link

A sign of things to come.

Unless you're insinuating that he has a hidden agenda, in which case I'd like for you to tell me what that is, how you know about it, and why I should take you at your word that this is really the case.

No. I don't think that he has a hidden agenda. Each politiacion does have an agenda. I guess that I used the wrong word choice. :/

Archived